Pleban Girls Party - Commandeering a ship to get U2 Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Well, I guess that's why there're more than two or three bands in the world...a wide variety of tastes out there. :wink:

I hope you know I'm not criticizing - I just think it's kind of hilarious that we can share such a serious love for U2 and yet on this show what you like most I like least and vice versa :cute:

Sad_Girl said:

I hope you know I'm not criticizing - I just think it's kind of hilarious that we can share such a serious love for U2 and yet on this show what you like most I like least and vice versa :cute:

Ditto. It doesn't bother me that I disliked your favorite Rockstar Supernova's performance tonight, VP. Meanwhile, I have a RL friend who you can hardly even mention U2 to, because he dislikes the band so intently.

As you guys know, I've been (I guess you could call it) seeing Terry since the beginning of the month... Today he messaged me and asked me to go with him to see his son out in Ajax (something I'll be explaining later), and I said no, that I was feeling lazy and anti-social (which was true). After another asking and another refusal, he asked me if I'd be open to going to Timmy's (Tim Hortons for the 'muricans) after he got back, and I said I might be. Well, the later it gets the more I'm regretting that... is it wrong to hope that he forgets? :uhoh:

Also, I'm still not really sure about this whole thing... I mean, I like him, and I like being with him...

But he has two sons from two different women (one is 10, the other 4 I think), he's 40, and right now I'm just feeling ambivalent... Does this make me the selfish, anti-social bitch I feel like right now?

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

I'm quotable? :ohmy: :happy: Yeah! :wink:

of course you may. and you really need to get back to writing and posting, you know :yes:

Yes, well, you are. Thank you. :wink:

I'd love to get back to writing and posting. However, I also need to do this thing called "jobhunting." Plus, I do write and post entries in my journal. (But that's not enough for you and my fans, is it?)

Drea - that doesn't make you wrong or bitchy or anti-social at all :hug: you are an independant woman and you should be proud of that. You should enjoy his company when you want to, but don't ever feel guilted into something you don't want to do. Don't make rash decisions based on a mood, of course, because that will pass and you might change your mind. But if it just doesn't seem right on a regular, day-to-day basis then it probably just isn't right.

No worries SG. I was spoiled already this week, so it's totally okay. Next week however... :wink:

Drea, I agree with SG. She said it so much better than I could have, so I'll just say ditto to that. :)

Drea said:
As you guys know, I've been (I guess you could call it) seeing Terry since the beginning of the month... Today he messaged me and asked me to go with him to see his son out in Ajax (something I'll be explaining later), and I said no, that I was feeling lazy and anti-social (which was true). After another asking and another refusal, he asked me if I'd be open to going to Timmy's (Tim Hortons for the 'muricans) after he got back, and I said I might be. Well, the later it gets the more I'm regretting that... is it wrong to hope that he forgets? :uhoh:

Also, I'm still not really sure about this whole thing... I mean, I like him, and I like being with him...

But he has two sons from two different women (one is 10, the other 4 I think), he's 40, and right now I'm just feeling ambivalent... Does this make me the selfish, anti-social bitch I feel like right now?

Well, not that I'm any expert on romantic relationships :hmm:
But I am an American with a "Timmy's" in my neighborhood. So here's my two cents ... :wink:

1. No, maybe it's not wrong to hope he forgets, if you're feeling anti-social (but that anti-socialness doesn't extend to Plebans, right?).

2. We who are aged 40 and above do have baggage. I am the rare single person over 40 who doesn't have kids or a significant ex. (However, I have other issues.)

Drea: I remember what else I was going to say. You've only known each other less than a month, right? Seems like you would feel some doubts or want to ask some questions.

DG that depends entirely on whether or not I get this job - if I do I should have the money and I won't work weekends, so I should be able to do that :up: :cool: if I don't however.... well, I'm so broke I can barely pay attention :sigh:

jobob said:
Drea: I remember what else I was going to say. You've only known each other less than a month, right? Seems like you would feel some doubts or want to ask some questions.

Well, more like since January - he's one of the guards at the credit union ;) But still, a work context (and not for long each day given where I am and where he is) is different than this...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom