Pleban Girl/Guy Party....A U2 Celebration (for 4th of July and CD)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Awwww. :hug: I'd almost bet they're not quite ready to pack it in just yet, and that we'll get at least one more major tour out of them.

Can't you go this time? And if you can't make it to a show, could you possibly get to the closest venue to you, and maybe meet them before they go in for soundcheck??

I can't go this time that I know of. The nearest venus is in DC. All the shows are sold out and I don't even know where in DC the MCI center is. It's a 2 and half to 4 hour drive, if they'll let you in. Philly is the next closest place. I'd die to get tickets, but like I said, they're all sold out. Hence why I was debating possibly flying up to Toronto and meeting everyone who is going to the shows and hanging out with them before and after the sound checks and stuff. Cause I could always go back to my hotel during the show and practise my guitar. (*clings to her baby*) It just.. sucks. I'd even be willing to go by myself. (And I hate going places alone, cuase then I've got no one to talk to but I don't have anyone who's really that into U2). So yeah. I'm suffering from Baby U2 Angst.

VintagePunk said:

It's really sweet that you would. :) I worry about putting her in a kennel...labs, especially older ones, tend to be big sucks. And with her having seizures...being upset can make them occur more easily. :|

It just really, really pisses me off. There's absolutely no good reason for him not to take her, other than just being a jerk. :|

:mad: I can believe it. Men! :rant:

Hopefully you'll find a good one. I know some of them are really good, they even have dog runs so they get outside and stuff. :hug:

CeeCee said:

I figured if anyonemight it'd be someone here. It's just really weird. Cause I've liked a lot of groups and musicians that are all different and I've never really wanted to do a concert thing, not really. But for some reason I'm keenly aware of the fact that here I am coming in at the end of a kite, sort to speak, and it's rather sad in a way. As if you walk into a theater at the end of a movie and didn't realize it was the end, so you've missed out on everything. And You can't help thinking if you'd only not gotten stuck in traffic on the interstate, you'd have made it sooner and might have gotten to see it. So I've been kinda angsting over the idea that I might not get to see U2 ever cause I came in so late. If any of that made sense.

It totally makes sense. Its how I felt a few years ago with my other fav group. I figured that I had wasted all of this time and there was no way I was going to get in on the good stuff with them. I was housebound at the time and there was no way for me to see them. Well not to long after that they surprised everyone with a new album. Then a tour. Well I bit the bullet and bought tickets even though I didn't know if I could really make it thru a show. Well lets just say 6 shows later as well as shows that year for 3 other bands and 3 benefit shows. I'm was a traveling concert going manaic. It was the time of my fucking life.

So when U2 announced the tour I was really sad, cuz there was no way I could do it. I was pregnant at the time and was having major health problems. So I watched the ticket sales come and go. I gave up on the dream. Till a few months back. They added 2 Oakland shows on the third leg! Literally the day before the tickets went on sale I got $500 in the mail from my grandmother. I was still sick at the time, but somehow I just knew it was karma giving me a kick in the ass. So I bought two tickets and I'm seeing them for the first time in November. :hyper:

And to top it all of Pearl Jam my other fav band announced a Canadian tour shortly after I got the U2 tickets. So 3 of my crazy friends and I are going to Vancouver to see PJ for what will hopefully be my 7th and now possibly 8th show! Woohoo! :dance:

So don't loose hope, I truly believe that things like this all happen at a certain time for a reason. And it will happen for you as well. :hug:

Hey girls :wave:

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!! :rockon:

Anyways, I'm only on for a bit, I need to sleep early so I can wake up and record U2 on live8 :drool:

Cindy I know exactly how you feel :hug: It was too bad I was born so late and completely missed all there huge tours. I would've loved to see popmart and zootv!

CeeCee said:

I can't go this time that I know of. The nearest venus is in DC. All the shows are sold out and I don't even know where in DC the MCI center is. It's a 2 and half to 4 hour drive, if they'll let you in. Philly is the next closest place. I'd die to get tickets, but like I said, they're all sold out. Hence why I was debating possibly flying up to Toronto and meeting everyone who is going to the shows and hanging out with them before and after the sound checks and stuff. Cause I could always go back to my hotel during the show and practise my guitar. (*clings to her baby*) It just.. sucks. I'd even be willing to go by myself. (And I hate going places alone, cuase then I've got no one to talk to but I don't have anyone who's really that into U2). So yeah. I'm suffering from Baby U2 Angst.

How do you feel about Detroit?

Sad_Girl said:

I know what you mean. :hug: I fell in love with them in 87, but then in High School, even though that was the AB/Zootv era, I paid them like no attention at all :reject: I really got back into their music when ATYCLB came out, but was too busy to consider going to a concert. I'm downright relieved that I came to my senses and got my priorities straight when I did! :lol:

I fear I was far too into synth and bubble gum music in the 80's. I suppose the reason I didn't get into them until recently is, despite having heard them on the radio (and I know I did, because I can't come up with any reason to recognize the songs from AB unless I heard them on the radio growing up) and all, that I just didn't have any life experiance as it was. You know, nothing that made the songs seem terribly relevent. And now, so many of the lyrics jsut make sense. I can listen to something and think 'That reminds me of my first boyfriend' or 'That reminds me of my freshman year in high school.' Stuff like that.

Sad_Girl said:

I know what you mean. :hug: I fell in love with them in 87, but then in High School, even though that was the AB/Zootv era, I paid them like no attention at all :reject: I really got back into their music when ATYCLB came out, but was too busy to consider going to a concert. I'm downright relieved that I came to my senses and got my priorities straight when I did! :lol:

That's sorta like me. I liked them well enough in the 80's, but wasn't a huge fan or anything. Fell in LOVE with them during the AB era (I have the Interference video, and damn near wore that out drooling over B), but for the rest of the 90's, the were off my radar. :reject:

Falling back in love with them was a gradual process that started with ATYCLB, and grew with the release of the 90 - 00 and Electrical Storm...then when Vertego was released...I remember hearing the Canadian premier on the radio...when the station got finished playing it, I flipped to all the other stations programmed in my car, and it was playing on every one!! It was the SNL appearance that turned it into full-blow obsession, though...and much worse than the 92 obsession.

I have to get up early as well. Must. see. boys. on. tv. :drool: :wink: My in laws also show up with a china hutch for me tomorrow and I have to clean the studio so we can make room for it.

It kinda blows, cuz I have to clean the studio up as well. :( I'm right in the middle of three projects and there is stuff everywhere. But I know they will just think I'm a huge messy pig if i don't clean some of it up.

VintagePunk said:

Falling back in love with them was a gradual process that started with ATYCLB, and grew with the release of the 90 - 00 and Electrical Storm...then when Vertego was released...I remember hearing the Canadian premier on the radio...when the station got finished playing it, I flipped to all the other stations programmed in my car, and it was playing on every one!! It was the SNL appearance that turned it into full-blow obsession, though...and much worse than the 92 obsession.

That SNL appearance was the thing that got me hooked!! :drool:

CeeCee said:

Have you looked into E-bay/ticket brokers? There are all kinds of tickets out there, if you can afford them.

Oh, yeah! :yes: the SNL spot was a clincher, for sure! :drool:

I remember first being awed by Bono's hotness, and then thinking how Adam seemed cooler with every single new appearance

Russty Cat said:

So don't loose hope, I truly believe that things like this all happen at a certain time for a reason. And it will happen for you as well. :hug:

Aaawww. :hug: I do know I feel really lucky to have had Drea help to get me going, and for getting that little bit of Vertigo that got stuck in my head that prompted me to download the song, then to buy the CD. I'm very grateful to have U2 as a musical intrest right now. I'm glad you're going to go see them. I've only been to 2 concerts in my life, but I do have tickets to go see John Michael Montgomery, Andy Griggs, and Billy Dean July 16th at an all day concert.

I am so totally fucking glad to have U2 though. Bono brings out the activist in me, and inspires me so well to get out there and do stuff. And I love that about him. Drea assures me there's at least one more tour, but U2 tickets sell out as fast as Britney Spears tickets do.

Mucca!!! :hug:

I remember sitting here all excited, telling Sarah that they kick ass (she wasn't all that familiar with them, other than hits on the radio, and some of their videos on MM), and being really anxious to see them. When they came on, I sat here with my jaw on the floor. I was absolutely mesmerized.

That performance was electric. *shivers*

Sad_Girl said:
Oh, yeah! :yes: the SNL spot was a clincher, for sure! :drool:

I remember first being awed by Bono's hotness, and then thinking how Adam seemed cooler with every single new appearance

My eyes went straight to Edge and stayed there :drool:
Except when Bono started grinding on the girl in the front row. Her facial expression was hilarious :lol:

Mucca said:
Hey girls :wave:

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!! :rockon:

Anyways, I'm only on for a bit, I need to sleep early so I can wake up and record U2 on live8 :drool:

Cindy I know exactly how you feel :hug: It was too bad I was born so late and completely missed all there huge tours. I would've loved to see popmart and zootv!

Mucca! :hug: I missed popmart and zootv too. *sighs* I'd have liked to have seen Macphisto.

How was your day? good?

CeeCee said:

Aaawww. :hug: I do know I feel really lucky to have had Drea help to get me going, and for getting that little bit of Vertigo that got stuck in my head that prompted me to download the song, then to buy the CD. I'm very grateful to have U2 as a musical intrest right now. I'm glad you're going to go see them. I've only been to 2 concerts in my life, but I do have tickets to go see John Michael Montgomery, Andy Griggs, and Billy Dean July 16th at an all day concert.

I am so totally fucking glad to have U2 though. Bono brings out the activist in me, and inspires me so well to get out there and do stuff. And I love that about him. Drea assures me there's at least one more tour, but U2 tickets sell out as fast as Britney Spears tickets do.

John Michael Montgomery is a great performer live; he puts on a really nice show :yes: He's an impressive guitar player, which isn't something you realize from the radio.

And I actually have a second ticket for the show on October 25 in Detroit and I'm trying to find someone to fill the seat next to me. My sister is PROBABLY going to go, she says, but I'd rather have someone FOR CERTAIN who really will appreciate the experience. Since I can't get Russty to fly out here... :wink:

Mucca said:

:hug::hug:

How are the PJ shows going? Did they add anymore?

Actually its been an insane few days. The band and its employees have loved screwing with the fanclub members. :lol: We keep getting clues to different shows. The announced 2 shows after the Canadian Tour in Atlantic City. But its to far for me to go after the Canadain trip.

The cool thing is that a few days ago my inside source ie. family member in the music biz :)giggle:) emailed me that there was word of a show happening on Sept. 1st. I was like you better not be fucking with me! They said that they heard thru a promoter that we would be getting some sort of hometown show on the 1st. Then someone on the fanclub board posts that if you check Ticketmaster there is parking at the Gorge, in George Washington listed on September 1st! But no show yet. So then this morning you go to the PJ site and the damn opening song is changed to one called Georgy girl! And before we got the announcement the clue was changing the opening song to "Oh, Canada!" So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we are getting a concert at The Gorge on the 1st and that I can get fanclub tickets for it. We fly into Seattle on the 1st, but our crew is already to drive the 2 hours to the gorge and then 5 hours to Vancouver after the show. :dance: :rockon:

There ain't nothing we won't do for PJ! And to see them at the Gorge would be fucking amazing. Its like U2 at Red Rocks! :combust:

VintagePunk said:
Mucca!!! :hug:

I remember sitting here all excited, telling Sarah that they kick ass (she wasn't all that familiar with them, other than hits on the radio, and some of their videos on MM), and being really anxious to see them. When they came on, I sat here with my jaw on the floor. I was absolutely mesmerized.

That performance was electric. *shivers*

VP!! :hug:

I know!! I was completely bummed that I hadn't recorded it but luckily there was a rerun a month after :drool::drool:
It was too bad they didn't broadcast the last song, I was so excited that they were going to play one more!

Sad_Girl said:

How do you feel about Detroit?

I have never been to Detroit, though I've been told it's pretty damned hot when it dresses up to go out. :wink: Sorry, I'm a smart ass. I can't help it. I'm obessed with traveling, but I've never been that far. I've been to a lot of places inthe lower 48 but not Detroit. Why, SG?

CeeCee said:

I have never been to Detroit, though I've been told it's pretty damned hot when it dresses up to go out. :wink: Sorry, I'm a smart ass. I can't help it. I'm obessed with traveling, but I've never been that far. I've been to a lot of places inthe lower 48 but not Detroit. Why, SG?

Sad_Girl said:

John Michael Montgomery is a great performer live; he puts on a really nice show :yes: He's an impressive guitar player, which isn't something you realize from the radio.

And I actually have a second ticket for the show on October 25 in Detroit and I'm trying to find someone to fill the seat next to me. My sister is PROBABLY going to go, she says, but I'd rather have someone FOR CERTAIN who really will appreciate the experience. Since I can't get Russty to fly out here... :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Oh fuck me. What airport would I have to fly into? I'll check the flight prices! :lol:

CeeCee said:

Mucca! :hug: I missed popmart and zootv too. *sighs* I'd have liked to have seen Macphisto.

How was your day? good?

Cindy:hug:

Same. I would've also liked to see the huge lemon :sigh:

It was fun, we're currently having our international jazz festival and today all performances were free, so I went with a bunch of friends to celebrate Canada day. It kind of started to rain but oh well, it's Vancouver :shrug: There were tons of great performances and they had a little mini parade. So yeah it was a good day :D

Mucca said:

VP!! :hug:

I know!! I was completely bummed that I hadn't recorded it but luckily there was a rerun a month after :drool::drool:
It was too bad they didn't broadcast the last song, I was so excited that they were going to play one more!

I knoooow!!! I was screaming at the tv!!

I've been watching SNL for more years than I care to admit to :giggle: and I've never seen an audience or the cast react like that. And I did the same thing, kicked myself for not taping it, but I caught the rerun.

Actually, I have an old tape around here of some of their '92/'93 tv appearances...but I'd have to hunt it down. Damn my poor tape-labelling habits. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

I'm looking forward to it. My ex-girlfriend has even offered to skipp Harry Potter to go with me, so I might take her out to Charlie and the Chocolate Fctory the night before then have her spend the night and go with me. It's sad when your ex-girlfriend is more reliable than your current boyfriend.

*dies* You have a ticket?! *dies* I'd rob a bank if that was the case. *wonders how much it'd cost her, and goest to check, comes back and :bow: to SG*

Mucca said:

Cindy:hug:

Same. I would've also liked to see the huge lemon :sigh:

It was fun, we're currently having our international jazz festival and today all performances were free, so I went with a bunch of friends to celebrate Canada day. It kind of started to rain but oh well, it's Vancouver :shrug: There were tons of great performances and they had a little mini parade. So yeah it was a good day :D

Good for you! I'm not doing much this weekend. It's a holiday seekend so I'll probably sit around. Catch up on some much wanted reading. I've got 2 books from hte library to finish, plus I've got one I bought, another I've had and been meaning to read.... *sighs* Too many books, so little time. :)

I went to teh graduation for a friend way back in May and they had it outside though they were expecting rain, and every time it sprinkled everyone looked up. FOrtunetly they made it through the entire 4 hour ceremony, and jsut as the graduates were leaving the stage and heading back out, it's started to pur.

Russty Cat said:

Actually its been an insane few days. The band and its employees have loved screwing with the fanclub members. :lol: We keep getting clues to different shows. The announced 2 shows after the Canadian Tour in Atlantic City. But its to far for me to go after the Canadain trip.

The cool thing is that a few days ago my inside source ie. family member in the music biz :)giggle:) emailed me that there was word of a show happening on Sept. 1st. I was like you better not be fucking with me! They said that they heard thru a promoter that we would be getting some sort of hometown show on the 1st. Then someone on the fanclub board posts that if you check Ticketmaster there is parking at the Gorge, in George Washington listed on September 1st! But no show yet. So then this morning you go to the PJ site and the damn opening song is changed to one called Georgy girl! And before we got the announcement the clue was changing the opening song to "Oh, Canada!" So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we are getting a concert at The Gorge on the 1st and that I can get fanclub tickets for it. We fly into Seattle on the 1st, but our crew is already to drive the 2 hours to the gorge and then 5 hours to Vancouver after the show. :dance: :rockon:

There ain't nothing we won't do for PJ! And to see them at the Gorge would be fucking amazing. Its like U2 at Red Rocks! :combust:

:lol:
Sounds like you have been clued to the computer for the last couple days. You guys are nuts, going to one concert then driving for 5 hours! But then again I probably would if it was U2 and I didn't live with my parents :wink:

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom