Pleban Girl/Guy Party....A U2 Celebration (for 4th of July and CD)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

:hmm: Lemme see. She is a not-exactly-tall brunette with generous curves (which translates in her mind, especially in those days, to FAT) she is 25 years old, works in a record store and aspires to be a great novelist someday; her ideas are very pro-woman, feminist. She's also quite poor, living in a tiny two room apartment. . . the Pub she's going to is in a not so great area of town... anything else? :scratch:

:lol: Cindy, you mentioned Barrettes and I had a total flashback to these pictures of me as a little girl. My mom kept me totally 'in style' until I turned ten or twelve and then I wasn't having any of it. I refused to be like anyone else :lol:

Jeans, tube top...or if she's a hard-core music fan, more than likely a band t-shirt.

Russty Cat said:
I cried so much today and I'm not even afraid to admit it. Hell I still cry watching the Live Aid Dvds. But I've always had a heart for other people. Its just who I am.

VP trust me honey, if they don't step up at G8 you and I will be speaking up until they do something. I have my marching shoes ready and I'm not afraid to use them. I seriously wish I lived in Scotland! I want to march to show solidarity so badly! At least I would feel like I'm doing something. I will tell you this, i will be praying alot on Friday. For the men who are making the decisions as well as the people who are marching. This could be one of the biggest moments in history for our generation. I hope it rocks the world as we know it! :rockon:

That's one thing I'm not sure I understand. What generation is it supposed to define? (I'm asking because I don't even knwo what generation I am. 8sighs* but mainly because I'm curious.) Are we discussing Bono's generation or the one that comes after it and what is Bono's generation?

Drea said:

:laugh: Just tell me.. were there fireworks? :wink:

Russty *G* Did they just show when Will Smith was getting all the cities to say hi to one another when Philly joined in (we'd already been going for nearly an hour with our stuff then) or other Cdn stuff?

They started out here, by saying welcome from Philly with just some MTV vj. Then they announced U2 and Paul. I lost it right then! Paul was walking out and I just started crying. Like bawling like a big baby! So I was barely chocking back tears trying to breathe when Will Smith came out next and did the three second snapping and the commerical. Mini-cat and I were snapping along and crying. I know that Mini-cat won't forget today.

And I just had to say I'm eating Cherry Garcia ice cream and its damn good! :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:hug:
I know you'll do something. :yes:

And I still feel bad for drooling at B on that commercial :reject:
Something so sad and serious...
Yet, a man so hot and caring.....

(I've also signed my parents up for live8.....I'm sure they would do it...but, you know, sometuimes you need a push...or to be forced unknowingly :p)

I KNOW!!!!

*whimpers*

*want*

*reject*

:lol:

VintagePunk said:
OMG, the guy from A-Ha is still hot. :reject:

Does anyone remember the video for Take On Me??

:yes: I must've watched that thing 10 million times. I was totally in love with that video

Drea said:

:laugh: Just tell me.. were there fireworks? :wink:

:lol: :yes: there were many fireworks indeed. actually, I thought about snapping a picture cuz they were bigger and brighter than I'd noticed before... I don't know if it was the repairs to the game or just those two sims :wink:

Russty Cat said:
I cried so much today and I'm not even afraid to admit it. Hell I still cry watching the Live Aid Dvds. But I've always had a heart for other people. Its just who I am.

VP trust me honey, if they don't step up at G8 you and I will be speaking up until they do something. I have my marching shoes ready and I'm not afraid to use them. I seriously wish I lived in Scotland! I want to march to show solidarity so badly! At least I would feel like I'm doing something. I will tell you this, i will be praying alot on Friday. For the men who are making the decisions as well as the people who are marching. This could be one of the biggest moments in history for our generation. I hope it rocks the world as we know it! :rockon:

Here, here, sistah!! :yes: :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

(I've also signed my parents up for live8.....I'm sure they would do it...but, you know, sometuimes you need a push...or to be forced unknowingly :p)

I almost forgot to do that!! *FACEPALM* *goes to do it right now*

CeeCee said:

That's one thing I'm not sure I understand. What generation is it supposed to define? (I'm asking because I don't even knwo what generation I am. 8sighs* but mainly because I'm curious.) Are we discussing Bono's generation or the one that comes after it and what is Bono's generation?

I'm not either. Too young for baby boomers, and just on the old edge of Gen X...

I really don't think Bono cares which generation it is though, as long as the job gets done...he needs all our help. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

I KNOW!!!!

*whimpers*

*want*

*reject*

:lol:

:laugh:
Clones in every way, eh? :p

Btw,
I just want to say, before I forget
Have an awesome vacation. For gods sake relax, and do tons of crazy stuff. Don't forget us, and I promise to keep track of all the important stuff (mostly smut :wink: )
And I'll miss you. :hug: :heart:

Did you find a kennel?

Drea said:

I almost forgot to do that!! *FACEPALM* *goes to do it right now*
:shame:

Cindy, You I would say fit in with us Gen X'rs. the next Generation is Generation Why(?) and then they have the, I could be wrong, but I believe this is, dotcom generation

VintagePunk said:

I'm not either. Too young for baby boomers, and just on the old edge of Gen X...

I really don't think Bono cares which generation it is though, as long as the job gets done...he needs all our help. :wink:

I'm not sure where I am. I was born in 79. I have a cousin who was born in 78 who itendifies herself as a Gen Xer but it's always seemed that most Gen Xers were bornstarting in 80.

:hug: :bono:

He gets the activist in me going then I don't know what to do with myself because my parents totally don't care and neither do a lot of the people I know. I was an Environmental Lobbist for all of 3 days before they fired me *facepalm*

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: :yes: there were many fireworks indeed. actually, I thought about snapping a picture cuz they were bigger and brighter than I'd noticed before... I don't know if it was the repairs to the game or just those two sims :wink:

My sim had sex and there's no pic? *pouts* :wink: Could just be those two... After all, it IS Adam we're talking about here :wink: :sexywink:

What generation am I? :hyper:
Cause I have no clue...people always tell me diffrent things..:huh:

Can i be generation Bono's pants?

Just because?

:tongue:

Cindy,
My parents are complete skeptics of the whole acivist thing. They see it as pointless. :sigh:
Yet, I beleive strongly the opposite.
Keeping the gap between parents and "rebellios" teens alive. :rockon:

:tongue:

Last edited:
CeeCee said:

I'm not sure where I am. I was born in 79. I have a cousin who was born in 78 who itendifies herself as a Gen Xer but it's always seemed that most Gen Xers were bornstarting in 80.

He gets the activist in me going then I don't know what to do with myself because my parents totally don't care and neither do a lot of the people I know. I was an Environmental Lobbist for all of 3 days before they fired me *facepalm*

No no no... Gen X is the mid to late 70's and very early 80's. then the kids who were mid-late 80's and up are gen Why, and mid nineties and up are the dotcom kids

I know because i was born in 76 and damned proud to be a Gen X'r

Sad_Girl said:
Cindy, You I would say fit in with us Gen X'rs. the next Generation is Generation Why(?) and then they have the, I could be wrong, but I believe this is, dotcom generation

How do you tell, SG? Is there like a set of years they group you into or is it ideals?

Sad_Girl said:

Oh you are not! :ohmy:

That's too weird :yikes:

and Yes, this Cherry Garcia is damn good :yes:

:ohmy: Man we are too creepy! I actually thought of you when I was buying it!!! :hug:

I asked Mr. Cat about coming to detroit at dinner tonight. :giggle: He looked at me like you've got to be kidding me! :lol: I told him to think about it and we will have to even see if the money comes thru. But I have a feeling its a way big long shot at this point.

~BrightestStar~ said:

:laugh:
Clones in every way, eh? :p

Btw,
I just want to say, before I forget
Have an awesome vacation. For gods sake relax, and do tons of crazy stuff. Don't forget us, and I promise to keep track of all the important stuff (mostly smut :wink: )
And I'll miss you. :hug: :heart:

Did you find a kennel?

:shame:

Found a kennel. 2nd place I called. And it turns out, it's the same place my brother takes his dog to be groomed. A retired couple, out in the country. Really nice. But...

Sarah bawled her eyes out when we dropped her off. She's REALLY pissed at her dad, she's not speaking to him (and in the past, she's gone a whole year without speaking to him, when he's pissed her off)...and then 20 minutes after we got back from dropping her off, he called and asked what time to pick her up. :mad: :mad: I told him she'd already been boarded.

CeeCee said:

How do you tell, SG? Is there like a set of years they group you into or is it ideals?

I just go by years, (as in previous post) but there tend to be ideals and trends/patterns that go along with it. Our generation seems to have real issues with being over-schooled but under-educated and not having jobs in the fields we want to work in. So we have all gotten off to a slow start. Tend to be cynical, dissillusioned idealists

CeeCee said:

OMG nooooo! The Gen-X'ers were in their 20's in the early 90's, during the grunge era!!!

Think Reality Bites.

VintagePunk said:

Found a kennel. 2nd place I called. And it turns out, it's the same place my brother takes his dog to be groomed. A retired couple, out in the country. Really nice. But...

Sarah bawled her eyes out when we dropped her off. She's REALLY pissed at her dad, she's not speaking to him (and in the past, she's gone a whole year without speaking to him, when he's pissed her off)...and then 20 minutes after we got back from dropping her off, he called and asked what time to pick her up. :mad: :mad: I told him she'd already been boarded.

Bastard :mad: I just can't stand 99% of the men in the world.

I'm glad that you found a place you can be comfortable with, though :hug: it's hard to leave a pet behind

Cindy I believe you and I would correctly be part of the Generation Why. I hate everytime I hear the news and the media say stuff about us as the Why bother Generation! It sucks!

I prefer to think of it as the Why not! Generation! Why the hell can't we change the world!

But I also wouldn't mind being the Generation of Edges guitars. :drool: :wink:

VintagePunk said:

:| :mad: :| :mad:
I'm glad you found a good place. I'm sure she'll be in great hands. :hug:
And Give Sarah a hug for me.....it's always hard to leave pups behind. It was the worst part of every trip to Fla we ever went on.
Pups :heart:

Sad_Girl said:

Bastard :mad: I just can't stand 99% of the men in the world.

I'm glad that you found a place you can be comfortable with, though :hug: it's hard to leave a pet behind

Thanks. :hug: The one positive that's come out of this is, my mom adores him...she has a really warped view of him, thinks he's perfect, which has really hurt a great deal, over the years, and the one area of contention her and I have had over the years. She KNOWS of all the crappy things he's done, but excuses them. But, for some reason, this was the final straw for her, and she's majorly pissed, too.

'Bout time she saw him for what he is. :lol:

I keep saying, if it weren't for my brother and sister, I never would have gotten through all this, because all along, it's their support I've had, not my mom's.

Girls
I am sadly being told to get my lil arse in bed. :sigh:
Have a great night.
Sweet (or naughty) dreams.
:hug::heart:
Luv 'yall.

VP
Have a great vacation...and don't forget to email me..at least once? *sniffle* :hug:
I'll miss ya. But I'm sure you'll have a great time. Don't get sunburnt.
:hug::heart::clonelove:

Night night girls.

Back
Top Bottom