PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh Oh, that's what I thought when I read the original interview and the many translations:

Martin got in touch with us to express his dismay with how some publications had created a false impression of the interview. The original interview in German is a great read and we’re planning to bring you an accurate English translation on U2.com.

U2 > News > On Mick Jagger at 70

Yeah, I know! :huh: I mean, can understand your average non-U2, or even the casual fan, not to know which one is which, but the press should really know whose who, especially Eve being an actress. Bet she doesn't appreciate the media constantly mistaking her for her sister, or vice versa!?! :tsk: But thanks for these!! :up:

I can't tell them apart, but being well-versed on U2's offspring is not on my priority list. Their kids have nothing to do with the music or the band itself, so I really don't pay attention to them. But that's just me.

Well, they do have to do with Bono as a songwriter, so they have to do with the music, but as family members, they are private people and not celebrities. Except Eve, who's an actress. Since there are many pictures of Bono and Ali with the kids, the daughters especially, it's quite easy to recognize both of them and tell them apart. Not so sure about the boys, they are very protected and private and it's good that way since they are still very young while the girls are adults now.

It's also just good journalism to identify subjects by the correct name, if you're going to go ahead and name them. I've seen online articles that name Morleigh as the mother of all five of Edge's children, and we just saw two different women identified as Ali a couple of weeks ago. Fact check before publishing, please!

Well this was the point I was trying to make, but failed obviously! :eeklaugh: That the MEDIA at the very least, should know who's who and with Eve being an actress, even more so. And as LU said, we've seen SO many photos of Eve and Jordan on this site, over the years, that I personally have absolutely no trouble telling them apart. The only similarity between them really is that they both have long dark auburn hair!! :shrug:

It's also just good journalism to identify subjects by the correct name, if you're going to go ahead and name them. I've seen online articles that name Morleigh as the mother of all five of Edge's children, and we just saw two different women identified as Ali a couple of weeks ago. Fact check before publishing, please!

This. Yes the kids should be kept out of the limelight (although I understand B's girls doing more in the public eye now as they're adults) but sheesh is there no fact-checking!?! Then again, it doesn't surprise me at all that the media publishes first and checks second. :doh:

‘Cowboy’ Jack Clement, country music icon, dies at 82 - The Washington Post

Edited for U2 content:

When U2 sought him out to produce several tracks on the 1988 album “Rattle and Hum,” he had not heard of the Irish rock band. “I said, ‘I’m not sure you can afford me,’ ” Mr. Clement later told the Chicago Sun-Times.
The U2 recording session, which also featured guitarist B.B. King, was held at the old Sun studio and was filmed for a documentary of the same name. By the time the whole project wrapped, Mr. Clement was infatuated with the rock band.
“After they finished the record and the movie, Bono and Adam [Clayton] were in Hollywood,” he told the Chicago Sun-Times. “They decided they would drive from California to New Orleans. They rented a car and came through Nashville.
“We hung out for four days,” he said. “I have video footage of Bono in this room singing ‘Folsom Prison Blues,’ and I’m singing ‘Silver-Haired Daddy of Mine.’ He kept telling me to play him stuff he never heard. So I gave him a good dose of Tommy Dorsey and Spike Jones. The day they left, we led them out to the freeway to New Orleans. We stood there to wave goodbye, and, as they passed by, Bono was mooning us.”

I would love to see that video footage of Bono singing 'Folsom Prison Blues'.

Good luck at trying to recruit Bono to your "religion"!

Bono has spoken out against Scientology in the past. He's right to keep far far away from this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom