Pleba Girls Party - We multiply like rabbits!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FlyYourKite said:
Night Russty! :hug: Try not to pass out in the heat tomorrow.

VP, you know I want to see those duck pictures. :laugh:

I tried to take pictures of the buildings and the grounds to show you guys...but then I saw something shiny, and got distracted. :lol:

I grumbled about being woken up at the crack of dawn to see the sunrise...but my friends assured me it would be worth it. When I stepped outside my jaw dropped. It was so amazing. I can't wait to do that every morning this year! :heart:

Sad_Girl said:

It was supposed to be there before, but the picture was too big and it didn't show. I just finally fixed it :reject:

**I LOVE listening to Larry Sing :heart:

Larry has such a trad. voice...he'd be ideal in Great Big Sea. :lol:

DG!! :hug:

Night Fly...although I probably already missed you. :hug: :sad:

Wild :hug: :hug: :heart:

VintagePunk said:

Larry has such a trad. voice...he'd be ideal in Great Big Sea. :lol:

singingsmiley.gif
And it's no, nay, never... no nay never no more... will I play the wild rover.. no never no more...

:larry: drumming for GBS... :drool: As if that band doesn't have enough sexy men in it :lol: (Though I'd take Murray over Sean or Alan, sexy as they are - because I know Murray ;) And GBS fans aren't getting even *half* of what Mur can do with a bass... plus they're deprived of all the bassist snark and smartass comments :wink: )

Drea said:

singingsmiley.gif
And it's no, nay, never... no nay never no more... will I play the wild rover.. no never no more...

:larry: drumming for GBS... :drool: As if that band doesn't have enough sexy men in it :lol: (Though I'd take Murray over Sean or Alan, sexy as they are - because I know Murray ;) And GBS fans aren't getting even *half* of what Mur can do with a bass... plus they're deprived of all the bassist snark and smartass comments :wink: )

I haven't really paid much attention to their albums since Daryl left and they got drums.

GBS should not have drums!!! :scream: Just a bodhran!!!

VintagePunk said:

I haven't really paid much attention to their albums since Daryl left and they got drums.

GBS should not have drums!!! :scream: Just a bodhran!!!

I know they shouldn't have drums... I miss Darryl too :( *But* Murray is a kickass bassist and has a great voice (and a wicked sense of humour, and is hot...) - it's unfortunate that he only gets to sing backup and a single verse of Scolding Wife :sigh:

Got to see GBS twice in the space of a week between Live 8 and last Fri night, when they played at the opening ceremonies for Celebrate Toronto... and I was cursing the fact that Mur never gets to speak, as I could see him getting the expression he gets on his face when he's come up with a smartass remark a couple times during the night *snerk* I miss hearing bassist!snark from the stage dammit :wink:

Drea said:

I know they shouldn't have drums... I miss Darryl too :( *But* Murray is a kickass bassist and has a great voice (and a wicked sense of humour, and is hot...) - it's unfortunate that he only gets to sing backup and a single verse of Scolding Wife :sigh:

Got to see GBS twice in the space of a week between Live 8 and last Fri night, when they played at the opening ceremonies for Celebrate Toronto... and I was cursing the fact that Mur never gets to speak, as I could see him getting the expression he gets on his face when he's come up with a smartass remark a couple times during the night *snerk* I miss hearing bassist!snark from the stage dammit :wink:

I know that this is not the best way to judge a band's material :reject: but from the recent singles I've heard, it sounds like they're trying to become more radio-friendly and less traditional. Is that the case??

It's not like Daryl got to speak all that much, either. Maybe they just keep their bassists quiet. :wink: It's really cool that you know him though...how do you know him??

I had a pretty major crush on Alan. :drool:

One of the best shows of theirs I've been to was very small and intimate, at the Horseshoe in TO a few years back. :heart: Fun night...

VintagePunk said:

I know that this is not the best way to judge a band's material :reject: but from the recent singles I've heard, it sounds like they're trying to become more radio-friendly and less traditional. Is that the case??

It's not like Daryl got to speak all that much, either. Maybe they just keep their bassists quiet. :wink: It's really cool that you know him though...how do you know him??

Your guess is as good as mine in regards to the first question *snerk* From what I've heard from a friend of mine who's somewhat more of a GBS fan than me, "It's the Sean and Alan show" which is why you never really hear(d) Bob or Daryl speaking ;)

I know Murray because he's another quarter of Moxy Fruvous :wink: (Talking about two Frulads in one night on a U2 site - what are the odds of that happening? :lol: ) So I've known *of* him for about 12 years, and have known him at least well enough that I've had more than my share of bassist!snark directed at me in person for *thinks* close to 7 years ;)

A musician from Moxy Fruvous went to Sarah's school a year or so ago to perform and speak at an assembly....can't really remember what that was about, I'll have to ask her in the morning.

I really don't know them, though.

In the GBS fan quarters, Bob is known as the silent one...sorta like the Larry, but without the whole FOAD attitude. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
A musician from Moxy Fruvous went to Sarah's school a year or so ago to perform and speak at an assembly....can't really remember what that was about, I'll have to ask her in the morning.

If it was history related at all - it would be Mike Ford :) He's involved with a group called "Prologue to the Performing Arts" and he does a program called "Canada In Song" where he's written songs about different people/events in Cdn history. I have a cd he put out earlier this year called "Canada Needs You Volume 1" which focuses on pre-1905 Canada. :hmm: Hang on a sec, let me see if MapleMusic has song samples for it...

**Damn, no song samples for Canada Needs You :( And alas, no song samples for Mike's solo cd either, or of the song they did on Conan.. :(

This however, is a song sample from the album "You Will Go To The Moon", with a song Murray wrote and sang lead on: http://www.maplemusic.com/asx/mox_lovesetfire_aud28.asx - Love Set Fire, one of my fav songs from that cd :) It's a gorgeous song :)

Last edited:
daygloeyes2 said:
I've heard of Moxy Fruvous. I think they were on Conan once :hmm:.

They were, I remember staying up with other fruheads to watch it :) They did... *thinks* oh yeah, Splatter Splatter :giggle: "The theme song to Scream 3!" (long before that movie came out), was Mike's joking intro to it once :lol:

I just tried to move a gigantic folder of JPGs which I had been dumping random pics into to sort later ... I shit you not, when i tried to copy them to a CD the thingie that popped up said 'copying 1 day 17 hours remaining'

:crack:

Sad_Girl said:
I just tried to move a gigantic folder of JPGs which I had been dumping random pics into to sort later ... I shit you not, when i tried to copy them to a CD the thingie that popped up said 'copying 1 day 17 hours remaining'

:crack:

:ohmy: :crack:

Drea said:

If it was history related at all - it would be Mike Ford :) He's involved with a group called "Prologue to the Performing Arts" and he does a program called "Canada In Song" where he's written songs about different people/events in Cdn history. I have a cd he put out earlier this year called "Canada Needs You Volume 1" which focuses on pre-1905 Canada. :hmm: Hang on a sec, let me see if MapleMusic has song samples for it...

That sounds familiar, I bet that was it!

Okay girls, I did it. I just put all my Sims pictures in chronological order, and put them in their own photo album. :reject: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom