PLEBA Girls Party: New Year, old friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking back over the posts from while I was gone - the Death penalty is a hollow sort of victory - an impotent justice - there is no good in it, no matter what kind of monster it is that is killed. It doesn't undo any of the things they have done, it doesn't stop other people from doing what they will do. It is human arrogance at it's most dramatic to believe that we can rule on when a life should end; We have a right to defend ourselves, to separate dangerous people from society - but ultimately once it is said and done there is no more about the world that has been made right

but that's just my opinion, I understand that many people crave that sort of vengance and seem to find some kind of comfort in it - I just don't understand it personally

it's the simple old adage 'two wrongs don't make a right'

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
Looking back over the posts from while I was gone - the Death penalty is a hollow sort of victory - an impotent justice - there is no good in it, no matter what kind of monster it is that is killed. It doesn't undo any of the things they have done, it doesn't stop other people from doing what they will do. It is human arrogance at it's most dramatic to believe that we can rule on when a life should end; We have a right to defend ourselves, to separate dangerous people from society - but ultimately once it is said and done there is no more about the world that has been made right

but that's just my opinion, I understand that many people crave that sort of vengance and seem to find some kind of comfort in it - I just don't understand it personally

:yes: Blood will never wash away the tears.

redhotswami said:

i guess my concern is...i talk so much about how i miss living in the city, and how im a city girl, blah blah blah, but my city experience has been rather small cities (dublin & dc). im wondering if nyc might be too big for me???

i dunno...i gotta discern more about this. thanks for sharing all that you have though, it was great to see your perspective :hug:

let's see :hmm:

You often can find that many of the outer burroughs and even wheere I lived MOSY of my life in midle upper west Washington Heights there are much like Neihborhoods..............and quieter thsn MID TOWN/ LOWER Man [wall street area]. :)

I used to say to people if I wanted more restful relaxation I'd stay up in Wash heights and I can say that prtety much about where i am in Brooklyn. THEN IF i wanted more Energized
relaxation {ie NOT Work OR Errands :lol:] I'd go down to Midtown ior Waal street/ WOrld Financial Center [tho the actaully esplande on the hUDSon Rivwer is :heart: Gorgeous and xcan be Very relaxing!! and yeah the former World trade area.

so really you can alter your engery levels by altering where you are going to.
ANd the Espicolpal Cahtedral of St John the Divine larget gothic style cathedraql and quite liberal in it's interpetation of CHristainity -- if i was still a Christian THAT would probably be MY churh or Riversdie Church, that's like a mile from City Univ.

From last thread:

Galeongirl said:
:shifty:

I'm having WAY too much fun with Photoshop!

:laugh: anybody interested in a pic of herself smooching with Bono?

Sofar I have:
Bono kissing me
Bono kissing Redhotswami
Bono kissing Kafrun
Bono kissing Waynetravis
Bono Kissing Tps
Bono kissing Edge
:shifty: and I"m working on a very very special one now!

:shifty: I'll send you a PM with my pic

Final post from last thread:

Galeongirl said:
:shifty: my latest creation......

bonolovesbonomh1.jpg

That's so odd that it's funny! :lmao:

tpsreports2424 said:
Wow you guys go threw these threads like no tomorrow:ohmy:

:giggle: This is nothing compared to the way we used to go through threads - you've caught us in a slow period :wink:

I see you didn't get scared off yesterday :lol: Always nice to have another Pleba boy around :)

I don't believe in the death penalty either, for anything - even with new technology there's still too much room for human error, human bias and a rush to judgement. I'm glad to live in a country where the death penalty was officially stopped about 30 years ago, and the last execution was years before that.

that comment so reminds me of Wilde's 'The Ballad of Reading Gaol', Mia. (A different message, but similar feeling to the words) are you familiar with it?

Hi to those joining us :wave:

Back
Top Bottom