Pics of the other wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono might have been part of the party, like an usher sort of (although I dunno if they actually had ushers) but a woman held the rings...

From an article in Ireland on Sunday newspaper:

Invited guests included Bob Geldof, Mick Jagger, movie director Neil Jordan and the Gallagher brothers. But many of the famous invitees were unable to attend and the wedding wasprincipally a family affair with band members, their families and close friends such as supermodel Christy Turlington looking on. Befitting the ceremony’s unique theme, the Edge chose a woman to be his best man. His close friend, Chantal O’Sullivan, a successful art dealer, had the honour of holding the rings while the couple exchanged vows.

Last edited:
Aislinn is very beautiful! :) I never recognised her in that pic with Ali, though.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
aislinn20et20edge20zoo.jpg

Wow I have the same haircut!:ohmy:

^ :lol: cool!!

Anyone knows roughly (don't want to get into sad details) why they divorced?

VicksSs said:
^ :lol: cool!!

Anyone knows roughly (don't want to get into sad details) why they divorced?

Roughly, and I hope without censorship, she was one of many very stupid women who marry musicians knowing full well that they are musicians, and then expect them to act like bankers or actuaries once they make a few bucks. She had too many children too young too close together, and then was appalled to find he wasn't home to wipe the strained peaches off the wall., HE WAS TOURING. HE'S A MUSICIAN. DO THE MATH, SWEETHEART. He stuck it out until Easter of 1991, but what would be the one thing that would make Edge leave his home and his children? The cow cheated on him. Ever notice how thin he is in the Fly video? That was shot three months later.

Sorry, I get furious when I think about it, because men like Edge are hard to find, and if you have problems, you work them out, you don't throw away a guy like that, and you sure as shit don't slay him by cheating on him, and you don't do it when you have three little children. From what I've heard, she's learned that the hard way. Ben ti sta, as we say in the neighborhood....

BonoFox1 said:
I have an article where it is mentioned that Bono is Holly's Godfather...

.........:D

heard this, me too.
And that's why Bono wrote Original of the species -- thinking about her!

FEELINNUMB said:

Roughly, and I hope without censorship, she was one of many very stupid women who marry musicians knowing full well that they are musicians, and then expect them to act like bankers or actuaries once they make a few bucks. She had too many children too young too close together, and then was appalled to find he wasn't home to wipe the strained peaches off the wall., HE WAS TOURING. HE'S A MUSICIAN. DO THE MATH, SWEETHEART. He stuck it out until Easter of 1991, but what would be the one thing that would make Edge leave his home and his children? The cow cheated on him. Ever notice how thin he is in the Fly video? That was shot three months later.

Sorry, I get furious when I think about it, because men like Edge are hard to find, and if you have problems, you work them out, you don't throw away a guy like that, and you sure as shit don't slay him by cheating on him, and you don't do it when you have three little children. From what I've heard, she's learned that the hard way. Ben ti sta, as we say in the neighborhood....

too harsh...
we don't know how things really went..
Maybe the both of them really tried to save their union but they could not.
I (and you, too, I suppose) never share Edge & Aislinn's house and dunno (and have no right to know..) what happened.

As for "ben ti sta" -- sei troppo dura e forse non sai esattamente di che cosa parli.

I hope you'll never get through a divorce.
It's painful in every case and for both the people in the couple.

:hmm: Sorry, maybe it was my mistake for asking :reject: Thanks for the info anyway!! :shrug:

JCOSTER said:
Is it me or does anyone else feel alot older knowing that Edges daughter is 21? :ohmy:

For me, I actually feel younger. I just found out the other day that Hollie and I are the same age. That officially makes U2 one generation older than me. :huh:

Sue DeNym said:

Imagine how Edge feels...he's most likely to become the first grandfather in U2! :shocked:

He's still adorable, though. :wink:
I never realised they could become grandparents. It never crossed my mind til you mentioned it. :huh:

:huh: I could be all your parents, approaching 40 with a 19 year old inner being...:ohmy: Lets not discuss the grandparent thing, I can't imagine: grandpa Edge, Pop-Pop Bono, although that does seem to fit in an odd sort of way!:eyebrow:

^ :lol: me too!! Well, they're all younger than my Dad but that doesn't change anything!! :laugh: Daddy Edge :drool: :wink:

Bono and Adam can be my older brothers...technically, Edge and Larry can't unless we had different mothers. :hmm: Well they can be my very close in age cousins, how's that? :wink:

:hmm: I think Bono was in Australia around the time I was conceived.....

And even though I have absolutely NO common features with him that I know of (actually, I have blue eyes, but not his sort of blue), and I look more like my dad (or the guy who's written on my birth certificate as being my father) than anyone else in my family, anything's possible. :wink:

Hmm... Thinking about it now, it'd be horrible if he were my father. I'd be an abomination. :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom