Photoshop help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss becky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I got Photoshop today. Usually I like to learn about a new program by exploring it and playing with the options...but I'm utterly overwhelmed. Can anyone offer some basic tips on how to use Photoshop (especially the clone tool)? I'd be eternally grateful.

miss becky said:
I got Photoshop today. Usually I like to learn about a new program by exploring it and playing with the options.

Exactly what I do.
Still haven't got used to what everything is for though.
Just try again and again, and hopefully you'll get the hang of it.

:wink:

I've been trying to use the Help options, and they aren't very useful. I think a book might be a good idea.

Yeah, just mess around with it. If you have any specific questions, I can maybe help you out, but it's best just to try messing with things yourself. Try opening a photo and manipulating it and try starting a new canvas and playing on it with the tools.

I've found for most programs that experimentation is the best way that I learn. With the exception of Macromedia Flash. I haven't had the patience with that one yet. :|

I can't really help you. I don't have photoshop. Tinkering around is how I figured out everything I know about computers.

For the clone tool, you click somewhere on the picture, on the part you want to clone, but you do it by holding ALT. Then you release ALT and continue to use the brush on the part on which you want to paint... Probably not the best explanation, but...:( :wink:

Back
Top Bottom