Philadelphia I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
After five shows in NYC, U2 have now moved on to another city, and will they have any surprises in store for us? Did they like any of the changes they made enough to modify the main set? Today should hopefully prove to be interesting!

Well, whatever happens, kick up your feet and join the party for a few hours. Maybe a miracle will happen and timothius will concede Auckland is worse than Wellington. :wink:

Wow, 7:00 EST and the thread is just getting opened! I thought there wasn't a show tonight or something.

Bring it on! :hyper:

Hello, everyone.

Hopefully tonight will be a bit more exciting. If the Chicago shows are any indication, we should be in for at least a little variation...

A heads up to anyone who missed it, but there's a promo video for the Chicago DVD floating around... it's killer

Edge's solo on Electric Co :combust:

My day was good, thanks! A blustery fall day in Seattle. I'm being all wistful and wishing I were back in New York, like I was a week ago today.

Meeeeeemmmmmriiiiiiies .... light the coooorner of my miiiiind....

Achtung, y'all!

The good news about tonight's show is that a "standard" setlist is expected, so most everyone will be content/happy no matter what is played.

corianderstem said:
My day was good, thanks! A blustery fall day in Seattle. I'm being all wistful and wishing I were back in New York, like I was a week ago today.

Meeeeeemmmmmriiiiiiies .... light the coooorner of my miiiiind....

It is really windy over here too. I about flew away with my sandwhich sign :wink:

I'm afraid.

I'm scared.

Lila, are you here?
Could you please find an appropriate smilie for me?

I'm running out of here now.
Very fast.

I want to do some laundry and take a shower before the show starts.

The big setlist question is:

The Ocean has been skipped for 4 straight shows. Will it return tonight, or has it really been dropped from the setlists?

cleazer said:

The Ocean has been skipped for 4 straight shows. Will it return tonight, or has it really been dropped from the setlists?

I'm ambivilant about that. On one hand, the ocean has become one of my favorite songs recently, (speak of the devil, it just came on winamp) but not seeing it in favor of something else wouldn't bother me. Especially if that something else were An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart.

And meh to band snogging.

It's also rather windy here in northern New York state as well. Times like this I miss my knit cap... The tatoo gets rather cold :wink:

cleazer said:
Achtung, y'all!

The good news about tonight's show is that a "standard" setlist is expected, so most everyone will be content/happy no matter what is played.

And if it is varied - i.e. like Chicago I - everyone will celebrate! :hope:

cleazer said:

I must say I'm surprised it vanished for four straight shows, though not really sad. Don't get me wrong, I like the song, but I think some better choices could be made. I feel An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart was definitely better and it needs to come back.

Why they haven't played Gloria more often this tour, I just do not understand.

1 load in the washing machine.

Harbinger said:
A heads up to anyone who missed it, but there's a promo video for the Chicago DVD floating around... it's killer

I downloaded it, but haven't watched yet.
Must see it now.

If you haven't seen the DVD promo please do so as soon as you get the chance while it is still making its rounds. It is really a good snippet. I also heard Overstock.com is currently taking pre orders. Get your Deluxe copy on pre order now folks.

P.S. I bet Lila will be here soon....

Hypothetically, if An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart were played, that would bring the total number of unique songs played this leg up to 40, which would be the higest for all legs of this tour, whouch would be quite cool.

In fact, I think this leg has the potential to have the most variety of all tours. The record is 46 - Elevation 2nd leg and Zooropa 1st Leg (i believe), which is not out of reach. Especially since we're only 15 shows in. Furthermore, some songs listed as actual songs on the earlier setlists are not necessarily full performances (or something to that effect - Axver, correct me, since it's your comment I was attempting to recall here) :)

Which is very exciting.

There's a deluxe version of the dvd? How is it different? Is there a thread I missed about this somewhere?

Harbinger said:
Hypothetically, if An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart were played, that would bring the total number of unique songs played this leg up to 40, which would be the higest for all legs of this tour, whouch would be quite cool.

In fact, I think this leg has the potential to have the most variety of all tours. The record is 46 - Elevation 2nd leg and Zooropa 1st Leg (i believe), which is not out of reach. Especially since we're only 15 shows in. Furthermore, some songs listed as actual songs on the earlier setlists are not necessarily full performances (or something to that effect - Axver, correct me, since it's your comment I was attempting to recall here) :)

Which is very exciting.

Right, some songs listed for earlier tours aren't proper songs. For example, WGRYWH is listed for Elevation leg 2 when only a couple of verses were played by Bono. It wasn't a proper performance and it wasn't a snippet of anything, so on U2VT we've no choice but to list the song as being played. And ZooTV's sets need a bit of an overhaul, there's a few instances of songs being listed as played when they were just snippets but fixing that will be long and tedious work. Another thing to remember with ZooTV is Unchained Melody (and other songs after One). The songs themselves weren't played, they just bridged the gap between One and UTEOTW and can't really be considered snippets of either so they appear as independent songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom