PGP: You Can Play On Our Rooftops Anytime, U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wasnt visible in Europe, full moon was but too much sunlight got past earth to moon here :sexywink:

BbgL7x3.jpg

Neither of us really had cameras for it, but Chelsea did take a few anyway. This is one of hers. This was before it was fully eclipsed so the side of it is still showing the normal white color. But at precisely midnight our time it reached total eclipse and the entire moon was a deep blood red. So cool.

bloodmoon4-14-2014chelsea.jpg~original

yeah, thats how religions started

hate now with all the lightpollution people cant see the stars or the milky way :angry:

yeah, thats how religions started

hate now with all the lightpollution people cant see the stars or the milky way :angry:

very neat GIFs JJ thanks

There's a great Short SF Story #Full Spoilers# ahead!
it could be Bradbury or Asimov

for what ever ressons a particular planet and it's civilization only gets to see a full on super starry night with whatever galatic band like the milky way as well oh every 2000 yrs or so.

That night everyone is so overwhelmed with the Fear side of Awe that they freak- out and the whole civilization goes to hell in a handbasket and they plumet back into ? The Bronze Age or something.

Someone(s) usually has kept a record of this happening . So POV of story is told by a sciencey guy with the Knowledge of what's going to happen and he and his science group get ready.

But it's still so overwhelming that even they have a breakdown, and yet gain another cycle begins.

I must say that one time in the 80's I was up at an holistic farm weekend and OH it was glorious the Stars/MW band but I did feel a little scared, too :( ....something that Never happened to me in the past when I was kid/teen Family Vacations up in the NY or New England States deep country side.

it's been a loooong time since I beheld a full starry night with the Milky Way band too. I should work on that.

That's cause our eclipse is tonight! :D Timezones and different position of the earth eh. We'll get the bloodmoon, will have to read back the paper for the exact time, but it's tonight!

:uhoh: There will be frost at night tonight as well, but not much. And after that the temps will rise again. :D

But NASA tell us we fail. The Netherlands fall under the "not visible" area. No Eclipse for us..
So offending :wink:

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OHfigures/OH2014-Fig01.pdf

FML. I wanted to have a picture of it so badly. Stayed up all night in the hope NASA was wrong. (Yeah right :giggle:)
That picture is awesome! You can clearly see the red hue over it. :hyper:

:sad::angry::angry::sad:

the next Total Solar Eclipse over NYC willbe
in 2079. That's soooo not happpening for me!
(unless we are sudedenly granted like a
very cogent, physically active healthy life of
130 yrs plus :hyper: :sigh:)

And the last previous one was more in Central NYS in 1925
Well, at least, I didn't MISS one!

will now be looking up TSE from Boston down to DC
somethingt i could reasonably plan for.

The annular are pretty interesting too. The moon is further way so it dsoesn't turn thee sky black i think more a bright orange and see a yellow ring Not sure if you need eye protection for that.

But I want the full deal!

for nyc area pretty good to a great partial solar eclipses 2017, 2021 and about 90% one in 2024. (that shoud be quite impressive)

totality for 2017 will be in Kentucky

there was one in march 1970 that was 85% in nyc aarera

the one with the changed light i rfemember being on the walkway of thew George Washington bridge but i don't think with a winter coat
got tired of looking for now will look tomorrow

:nerd:

Pleba and EYKIW are slowly going tie again. :lol: Come on U2, give us a hint of life.

So gorgeous, comet and JJ. The sky cleared here for a few minutes just before it was supposed to begin, with swirling clouds around the moon. But then it totally clouded over and we got snow the rest of the night. I got up several times to check, but nothing. So I'm really glad to see these. Thanks!

I need Pop-era fic recs. Time to go digging through the archives.

:shifty:

...and also time to break down and buy PopMart on dvd. Our VHS/DVD combo player needs new cords for the VHS side and now I can't watch PopMart. AND I AM HAVING SUCH A POP PHASE LATELY OMGGGG :drool:

*goes off to YouTube*

last perihelion: 9 February 1986
next perihelion: 28 July 2061

:lol::D

Waaaaaaaaaaaay before my time , old man.

BTW : I hope the weather gets better for all you in NYC and other cold areas. You guys have been missing out big time.

Oh man I slept so good last night. :giggle:
Talking about sleeping, Lol , I had both U2 and Depeche Mode in my dreams last night.
I was irritated and asked Adam about the album, he just went " uhm dunno, ask Bono" So I went to see Bono , Bono just gave his trademark devlish grin, chuckled and then made Edge come up with an excuse.
Dream U2 was pretty evil but still charming and funny.
Bono-in-my-dreams is very smart, like the real thing.

Then suddenly we where in an old but pretty concert hall in Germany, and a group of people and myself had to defend it from burglars or something. (random)
The burglars ended up fleeing, so after that went for a walk alone in the German nightlife and stumbled upon the guys of Mode, who where great fun as well. :lol: I think I drank a beer with them and played bar-footy.
(note that I don't drink beer IRL, I only like liquor and wine so that was very random as well. :lol: nothing was real )

This happened today around 4pm:

1653776_599556416789813_8573864693283300835_n.jpg

Yes, Mr CK and I are going, and Lil'CK is as well. Lil'Miss will be staying with Grandma. (It's a wee outdoor place and is more set up like a fair/church festival than anything. She can go in another year or so.) None of us have seen a U2 tribute band so this should be interesting. From what I've read/seen online they're one of the better ones. :up:

And then while out at the mall picking up Lil'CK's 1st Communion photos from JCPenney (he makes his Sacrament on May 3rd), we stopped at FYE and to my utter shock, THIS was there:
1505185_599518533460268_9034722623339624670_n.jpg

:ohmy: :crack: :hyper: :faint:

Fye is taking preorders for $5. No date or official title...spoke with manager. Thinking U2 is gonna pull a Beyonce after all! And yeah, I already shared the "preorder" with the EYKIW thread. And no, I didn't reserve a copy. This ain't mama's first rodeo. :wink:

Wow, that was on the shelf in a real store? !!!

Yeah, it was. I do believe my heart actually stopped for a moment. :lol:

They actually had it in two diff places that I saw. That one was in the front of the "U2" section, and then they had another one sitting with the "New Releases" display. :crack:

dang i can't see CK's photo of whatever re FYE

Here's a direct link to my FB post, hopefully you can see that.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...72868004.64329.100002063815272&type=1&theater

Back
Top Bottom