PGP: We're On The Bus and.. uh oh, are we going to THAT Place?!?! LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks :hug: If I ever get the guts up to get a tattoo, I'm getting something Walk On related. I'm getting all weepy just thinking about it. :lol:
:

You should do it, Thora. I love explaining to people the emotional/philosophical significance of my heart suitcase. I think I lot of people are suprprised to hear it's not just a "cute" thing or a "love" thing, but it has real significance. Or even if you get it where no one can see it. It's like a talisman you carry with you whereever you go.

I fully endorse tattoos. I think the Walk On one is a great idea. :love: And I have 4 now...:shifty:

Did anyone watch Lost?? I'm just starting now and finished season 1 today. It is INCREDIBLY good television, holy cow.

I had wood oven pizza for dinner. Mmmmm. :drool:

I've always wanted to get a Walk On tattoo too Sharon.
For years I've wanted the words "Walk On" in nice cursive writing with a little clover underneath.
I want it in between my shoulders.

I think if you want a tattoo you should go for it :up:

I'm gonna get mine....eventually :shifty:

you both should, i'm getting another one soon it'll be my 7th :D

I will hopefully get up the courage one day. :up: I'm just so utterly petrified of needles. :lol: Right now I'm just too scared of that, but I hope I can get over it some day.

Fly - yup, I watched the show from the very beginning. :heart: It was my all time favourite TV show! VP, dazz and I still talk about it every now and then. :D Glad you're enjoying it! It's so worth it.

Mmm.. pizza! :drool: Sounds delicious!

Wild :sexywink: - you have 7! That's awesome. I remember you having a few way back when. I have 3 on various parts of my back/shoulders and one on my inner wrist.

Thora! :hug: I'm sure you'll get up the courage one day if you really want one. I'm not sure if it helps or not but having it done doesn't really feel like a needle at all...more of an annoyance than actual pain. That's so great about Lost. I had heard so many incredible things about the show but for some reason I never got around to watching it (I guess I was too focused on Weeds, Six Feet Under, Dexter, etc. :lol:) but I finally started and WOW. I'll hop on the bandwagon for sure if you ladies still talk about it.

Wild :sexywink: - you have 7! That's awesome. I remember you having a few way back when. I have 3 on various parts of my back/shoulders and one on my inner wrist.

Thora! :hug: I'm sure you'll get up the courage one day if you really want one. I'm not sure if it helps or not but having it done doesn't really feel like a needle at all...more of an annoyance than actual pain. That's so great about Lost. I had heard so many incredible things about the show but for some reason I never got around to watching it (I guess I was too focused on Weeds, Six Feet Under, Dexter, etc. :lol:) but I finally started and WOW. I'll hop on the bandwagon for sure if you ladies still talk about it.

I really really do want one. :) I've heard so many different descriptions of how it feels, and I know it also depends on where you get them done. I know for sure that I want 2, but I don't know exactly where. I was thinking on one of my shoulders and my ankle. We'll see. :)

No harm in starting to watch Lost late in the game. I'm happy to talk about it whenever. Such an amazing show. I'm really excited about the big box set coming out in August. I keep meaning to order it, but I haven't. I was hoping for a better sale price to appear, but I haven't seen one in a while. Are you in season 1 still, or are you beyond that?

VP!!! :hug: How are you? I'm still surviving! Still in school as it goes the year round. Right now I'm in Kitchener :)|) doing psychiatry...I have two weeks left of that and then move on to surgery which I am nowhere near excited about. :lol:

Thora, I heard about the box set! I should have waited but in my typical impatience I started snatching up the individual seasons. :wink: I just watched the first episode of season 2 and almost had a stroke during the opening when this random guy is living it up in the hatch!!! sflkaghjsdskj.

VP!!! :hug: How are you? I'm still surviving! Still in school as it goes the year round. Right now I'm in Kitchener :)|) doing psychiatry...I have two weeks left of that and then move on to surgery which I am nowhere near excited about. :lol:

Thora, I heard about the box set! I should have waited but in my typical impatience I started snatching up the individual seasons. :wink: I just watched the first episode of season 2 and almost had a stroke during the opening when this random guy is living it up in the hatch!!! sflkaghjsdskj.

Aw, what's wrong with Kitchener? :lol: I'm doing okay, thanks. This spring has been pretty sedate so far. Sarah broke her leg/ankle in the middle of March (the day before her birthday :happy: ) and so she's been home ever since, and I've been acting as her loyal servant/nurse/whatever she needs. :up: The tour postponement turned out to be a blessing in disguise for us. We'd been hoping that she'd be up to doing GA by July 3rd, but now we know that was overly optimistic.

:lol: Love it! I held out from buying the individual seasons, although it was really hard.

Ooh yeah - that's a good episode! :D

I just helped a celebrity! Well, if he sees the reply to his tweet. Neil Patrick Harris asked how to get impostor pages on Facebook deleted. I did a little bit of research and found a wikihow page. As far as I can tell, I'm the only one that's provided useful info beyond "that sux. Hope u figure it out." Wil Wheaton RT'ed NPH's query so I guess I helped both of them. Cool.

Aw, what's wrong with Kitchener? :lol: I'm doing okay, thanks. This spring has been pretty sedate so far. Sarah broke her leg/ankle in the middle of March (the day before her birthday :happy: ) and so she's been home ever since, and I've been acting as her loyal servant/nurse/whatever she needs. :up: The tour postponement turned out to be a blessing in disguise for us. We'd been hoping that she'd be up to doing GA by July 3rd, but now we know that was overly optimistic.

Oh well a ton of the people I'm working with at the hospital are sketchy, some patients aside. ;) Psychiatry is what I'm going to be doing for residency so I was naturally excited for it but it has turned out to be a really disappointing rotation for a number of reasons - disorganization, less than stellar preceptors, shady accommodations, etc. And I just miss my apartment. But the one good thing about it is I learned I still completely love the specialty even if the preceptors/mentors leave a lot to be desired.

Oh boy Sarah. :| Is her recovery coming along? That's definitely one good blessing in disguise for the tour postponement. She'll be running circles around everyone by this time next year. :)

Can you come here and watch it with me VP? :sexywink: I promise I'll provide snacks in return for your company and episode discussion.

Have to drive back to the house now. I'll check back a little later to see if anyone is still around. :hug:

Oh well a ton of the people I'm working with at the hospital are sketchy, some patients aside. ;) Psychiatry is what I'm going to be doing for residency so I was naturally excited for it but it has turned out to be a really disappointing rotation for a number of reasons - disorganization, less than stellar preceptors, shady accommodations, etc. But the one good thing about it is I learned I still completely love the specialty even if the preceptors/mentors leave a lot to be desired.

Oh boy Sarah. :| Is her recovery coming along? That's definitely one good blessing in disguise for the tour postponement. She'll be running circles around everyone by this time next year. :)

Can you come here and watch it with me VP? :sexywink: I promise I'll provide snacks in return for your company and episode discussion.

Oh no! Sorry to hear the experience has been less than you expected. But if you can keep your enthusiasm for the specialty up through all that, it probably means you've found what you want. :up: Did the hospital or school find your accommodations, or did you find your own? There are TONS of summer sublets available in the area. Sarah has a room in a really great 5 bedroom house, and we had a hell of a time subletting it, just because there are so many places available this time of year. She took quite a cut for the rent, just to get rid of it.

She's starting to make some progress, but till very recently, it's been slow. She had two spiral fractures, one on each bone. At 6 weeks, she went from a fiberglass cast to an air cast. She just started therapy 10 days ago. Then, she was still in the cast and on the crutches completely. Now, she can walk in the cast with no crutches, or without the cast but with the crutches. Last night, she took 3 or 4 tiny, baby steps with no cast or crutches - said it hurt like hell, and she doesn't think she's quite ready for that yet, but she wanted to try. :)

How long are you going to be in Kitchener?? Maybe we could do that Lost thing! :drool:

I just counted. It'll be 12 weeks tomorrow that she broke it. :crack:

I fully endorse tattoos. I think the Walk On one is a great idea. :love: And I have 4 now...:shifty:

you both should, i'm getting another one soon it'll be my 7th :D

I definitely wanna try and get mine before the next tour.

That's awesome you guys both have multiple tats. I've heard you get one, they become addicting.

Good luck! :up: Hope you get the tix you want!

Good luck Ali :hug: :pray:

Thanks girls... I failed utterly to get GA for the first (and at that time, only) Melb show, and then like a complete pillock I let go a set of not-so-good seats in the hopes I could get better... what the hell was I thinking. :doh: Ended up with the crappest seats in the house, restricted view behind the side of the stage.

But! Half an hour later they put a second show on sale, and I got GAs for that. Hooray! :D

Lesson learned - If you don't get what you want, take what's offered and don't push your luck. :lol:

I definitely wanna try and get mine before the next tour.

That's awesome you guys both have multiple tats. I've heard you get one, they become addicting.

I really want the zoobaby but I also kinda like the simplicity of just having one. I'm thinking about getting the lines thickened up soon.

Thanks girls... I failed utterly to get GA for the first (and at that time, only) Melb show, and then like a complete pillock I let go a set of not-so-good seats in the hopes I could get better... what the hell was I thinking. :doh: Ended up with the crappest seats in the house, restricted view behind the side of the stage.

But! Half an hour later they put a second show on sale, and I got GAs for that. Hooray! :D

Lesson learned - If you don't get what you want, take what's offered and don't push your luck. :lol:

Glad you wound up getting GAs for something. And this way you don't have to stand in line for TWO nights in a row.

I haven't watched Lost at all

Me neither... I may get around to it one day but there's a lot of DVDs I still need to catch up with. I've got Season 1 of Heroes lying around somewhere...

If/when I ever get a tattoo, I'll have to figure out how to not tell Dad about it. :reject:

I just helped a celebrity! Well, if he sees the reply to his tweet. Neil Patrick Harris asked how to get impostor pages on Facebook deleted. I did a little bit of research and found a wikihow page. As far as I can tell, I'm the only one that's provided useful info beyond "that sux. Hope u figure it out." Wil Wheaton RT'ed NPH's query so I guess I helped both of them. Cool.

Way to go! Reggo, helpdesk to the stars... :D

Glad you wound up getting GAs for something. And this way you don't have to stand in line for TWO nights in a row.

Yeah... I won't be queuing all day either way, since both shows are on weekdays. I can think about taking the day off closer to December. I was thinking about going with seats for one of them anyway, but I was hoping for better than "restricted view". :lol:

Sorry I missed you... was juggling with work. :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom