PGP:we're hanging with penguins while waiting for U2 to show up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is it... 67K... what should I post... :hmm: ...

Maybe just a good old fashioned Pleba picspam. :wink:
(not my pics by the way, just grabbed these on line)

BonoU2PerformsNRGStadiumTq1jgHVyPxsx.jpg~original

BonoU2PerformsNRGStadiumSISiaRdg2rrx.jpg~original

BonoU2PerformsNRGStadiumICDXdR_8Pqox.jpg~original

LarryMullenJrU2PerformsBCPlaceY2RbkX-sxz7x.jpg~original

BonoU2PerformsNRGStadiumgWeF1-MbbgVx.jpg~original

BonoU2PerformsNRGStadium1GsH_F6W5iOx.jpg~original

BonoU2PerformsAtBCPlaceVFg52FYsTu4x.jpg~original

AdamClaytonU2PerformsNRGStadiumobJ2-VvxxPPx.jpg~original

BonoU2PerformsAtBCPlaceeo4uHRg5j7_x.jpg~original

AdamClaytonU2PerformsBCPlaceKaF7xuT_OuNx.jpg~original

The background screen images are so pretty.

I hope no one in here is trying to stay spoiler free. :ohmy: Just scroll past the pics real fast. :shifty: I think this thread has always been pic-expected though... hope it still is. :reject:

I hope no one in here is trying to stay spoiler free. :ohmy: Just scroll past the pics real fast. :shifty: I think this thread has always been pic-expected though... hope it still is. :reject:

I accidentally spoiled GG setlist wise today. :reject: OOPS.

San Diego show in September. :panic: I have actually never seen U2 in my home town. Yet.

They haven't been here for 13 years. :ohmy:

So tempting to gooooooo. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: I wanna go diving and snorkeling there, and go to La Jolla for seal spotting.
The US type of harbour seals look so different from the one's we have.

Last edited:
JJ wow to ski under he Midnight Sun!

:ohmy: :hyper: Goooood Luck, comet!!!

Aaah, no, I doubt anyone's object to pics, I've hardly seen any so thanks !:up:

domo-k :wave:

Gooood Luck, Ms Purrl!
Sorry you couldn't get to Chicago. :hug:

Remembers fast & furious pic spamming (and posting :( ) in the "good ole days" . Really fun, fabukous memories! :heart:

Last edited:
JJ wow to ski under he Midnight Sun!

:ohmy: :hyper: Goooood Luck, comet!!!

Aaah, no, I doubt anyone's object to pics, I've hardly seen any so thanks !:up:

domo-k :wave:

Gooood Luck, Ms Purrl!
Sorry you couldn't get to Chicago. :hug:

Remembers fast & furious pic spamming (and posting :( ) in the "good ole days" . Really fun, fabukous memories! :heart:

I believe there was a time we could finish an entire PGP thread in a day :lol:

Got Indianapolis tickets today! :happydance:

And I definitely do not mind seeing pictures from other shows--something to look forward to seeing for myself!

:applaud:

Got my San Diego today too. It went so smoothly I was sort of shocked. First try. LOL. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::D

(that is, on the app... the regular website wouldn't work for me at all!)

Uh oh! :ohmy: When is the first show for you guys?

:flirt:

Our first show is Berlin, July 12th, a mere month from now. :heart::heart: Be still my beating heart.

I had a wires presale code left and flights to SD are okay price wise that week.

But I chickened out because of the CC system. fail.

I'm unfamiliar with it and scared to get delayed with my flight for some reason..
I heard you can not transfer any tickets either. So I opted out :(

But I mustn't complain. I'm lucky to see them soon.
WITH Noel Gallagher <3 Which opener did you get so far?

Last edited:
I believe there was a time we could finish an entire PGP thread in a day :lol:
:lol: yeah, soooo fun & funny!

Got Indianapolis tickets today! :happydance:

And I definitely do not mind seeing pictures from other shows--something to look forward to seeing for myself!
:applaud:

Got my San Diego today too. It went so smoothly I was sort of shocked. First try. LOL. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::D

(that is, on the app... the regular website wouldn't work for me at all!)

:yippie: for you both!

:hyper: woooooo for you, Geeky.:applaud:

:giggle: you will be besides yourself with excitement! :hyper:

I'd already seen them in full concert 10 times between 1984-2005, plus brief sound check 1983, Brooklyn Bridge mini- concert 2004, and live from outside Fordham University 2009.

BUT while I'd seen everyone of my
other (1968- onward) favorite bands up close at least 2x's each most times with my film SLR camera in hand it was not until 2009 that I was able to see U2 really up close - my first GA on the outer rail for 360 - after 27 years of being a serious fan!

I was as excited and giddy when I landed my rail spot as you will be when you enter whichever stadium you will be seeing them at for your first show.

And it was 2 former pleaban gals one who snagged me a tix, and the other to get it to me that got me to it (already had seats w my sis for a he next night).

Fabulous!

Last edited:
I did Miami last night. It was a great show but I think it was thought for not die hard fans. I missed I Will Follow. They ended up with Elevation and Vertigo instead. Missed A Sort of Homecoming. But hey ho! I'm not a U2 virgin anymore. Great show.

:hyper: woooooo for you, Geeky.:applaud:

:giggle: you will be besides yourself with excitement! :hyper:

I'd already seen them in full concert 10 times between 1984-2005, plus brief sound check 1983, Brooklyn Bridge mini- concert 2004, and live from outside Fordham University 2009.

BUT while I'd seen everyone of my
other (1968- onward) favorite bands up close at least 2x's each most times with my film SLR camera in hand it was not until 2009 that I was able to see U2 really up close - my first GA on the outer rail for 360 - after 27 years of being a serious fan!

I was as excited and giddy when I landed my rail spot as you will be when you enter whichever stadium you will be seeing them at for your first show.

And it was 2 former pleaban gals one who snagged me a tix, and the other to get it to me that got me to it (already had seats w my sis for a he next night).

Fabulous!

You basically live in the geographic walhalla when iy comes to U2. That Brooklyn Bridge gig is downright amazing. :applaud: I'd give a kidney to have seen that.

Yooo! Everyone is out of lurk / hiatus mode. :lol:

I did Miami last night. It was a great show but I think it was thought for not die hard fans. I missed I Will Follow. They ended up with Elevation and Vertigo instead. Missed A Sort of Homecoming. But hey ho! I'm not a U2 virgin anymore. Great show.

Congrats on the first gig !!

Is Gg still here? I see Bonocomet and Dazz....

GG just dropped in a page or to back. But has not been around for a good while. Been mostly JJ, me, Ms Purl, comet, domo-k, Geeky is new, and others drop in from time to time - esp now w tour up and running. :D

Some people have said a lot of our gang moved over to Facebook.

You basically live in the geographic walhalla when iy comes to U2. That Brooklyn Bridge gig is downright amazing. :applaud: I'd give a kidney to have seen that.
Yooo! Everyone is out of lurk / hiatus mode. :lol:
Congrats on the first gig !!

Oh, man, getting tickets for U2, domo, was like the bane of our (my sis me, my friends, her friends) concert going existence! :lol: :|

Even though we knew about them early on- late 1980 into Spring 81, we must have missed the more hip, local papers 1) concert ads, 2) any earlier other tour announcements in same papers music/concert columns - because we didn't catch them!l Boy Tour.
Same thing for Oct Tour in 82. Missed ads, announcements.
One thing I can say those were the years we saw the The Who's "final" tour, and The Clash several times, and other bands.

So 83/War Tour was the one I just caught the sound rehearsal (though my friends went), and 84/UF was RCMH.
We got to see them at MSG for the UF/85 at MSG.
But then we got shut out of seeing them in NYC (our life-long hometown!) for both JT/MSG, and ZOO TV Outdoors/Yankee Std! :lol: :|:|
It was kind of like our R&R pride being hurt!
Weren't we the ones who'd seen (original) The Who tons of times at MSG in the 70's! And Springsteen in theaters in mid-late 70's.The original CBGB's punk band at either CBGB's, or else somewhat bigger venues in the mid-70's.

Well, most important thing was that we did see them- it just cost more, and took more time to go else where. When we saw The Who in NYC 75/76, then Philly 76, Boston 76, and Largo MD 76 - that we mostly planned for it! :D

Oh, the Brooklyn Bridge gig. I'd been chasing and not finding their flatbed truck for about 4 hours. So I finally went in down to the park to get on line. Those of us by around 4:00ish PM were nervously waiting to see if they'd let non-ticket/or what ever they issued to all the people who called or texted? into MTV to get the freebies- into the park as well. We watched as the last of the bunch of designated audience on line went in.

We stood still and still, and then an inch here, an inch by there we s-l-o-w-l-y got to the park gate and....waited yet again. They were checking crowd size and, letting a bunch of people at a time. Finally it was like time slowed down for those last few mins right by the gate (keep breathing slowly!) and then...oh, Yeah, in we went... running over the little area before the park widened again!

Besides bring surprised with ?Out of Control, seeing them play COBL against the Nov (dark early) evening sky with Manhattan's southern skyscrapers glittering in the distance was amazing!!!

If you want ever read anything with a pure twin set of entwined emotions of utter frustration and utter excitement put in "u2 is riding around NYC on a flatbed truck" in the internal search engine and you'll get ?3 threads of hilarious controlled mayhem! :lol:

Last edited:

Our first show is Berlin, July 12th, a mere month from now. :heart::heart: Be still my beating heart.

I had a wires presale code left and flights to SD are okay price wise that week.

But I chickened out because of the CC system. fail.

I'm unfamiliar with it and scared to get delayed with my flight for some reason..
I heard you can not transfer any tickets either. So I opted out :(

But I mustn't complain. I'm lucky to see them soon.
WITH Noel Gallagher <3 Which opener did you get so far?

We had The Lumineers at the Rose Bowl last month, and I really enjoyed them! Was so glad to get to see them. For San Diego we'll get Beck, who uh... :uhoh: I know nothing about but when I listened to a few songs to see if I recognized any, I didn't. :hmm:

:wave:

GG just dropped in a page or to back. But has not been around for a good while. Been mostly JJ, me, Ms Purl, comet, domo-k, Geeky is new, and others drop in from time to time - esp now w tour up and running. :D

Some people have said a lot of our gang moved over to Facebook.

I actually hadn't been here for quite some time. :reject: I took a little leave of absence, then decided to pop back in since there's a tour and all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom