PGP: U2 Dry Spells Suck HARD :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper::hyper::hyper: ZU!!!!!

I put the xeroxed Artist Book pages for you in a plastic flat storage bag SOMEWHERE SAFE <so they won't get bent etc> while was continuing to organize and clean.
Several weeks ago I went to where I thought they were....
now I can't find them (so far) :lol: :huh: :( :reject: :reject:

But as soon AS I do.....

ANd I saw your B-D party for Little Z went well! :applaud::hug:

----------------------

i didn't realize the anniversary for the terrible tragedy of the shootings was this past weekend! :hug:ssss

I thot it was like in April! Probably because I was linking the visual memory of the relatively warm weather outer-ware there with what we'd be wearing in April and "filing it" away that way.

Oh pretty good..... bad stuff first, fun stuff after

still struggling with organizing my place over past 2 years -thu a very few little sections look lovely! My sis being diagnosed and then successfully treated (?1 1/2 yr Free of)thyroid cancer a roller coaster ride.
Then our dad having a extra medical scare in Jan. Got through that but he was put on palliative care. Then we had to put him on in-nursing home hospice care in early June; where we told he had ? 3- 6 months; then getting contacted a week or so later that he couldn't eat/drink safely anymore. Well with palliative care you know what that means so he was gone in 2 weeks :huh: :( Still kind of shocked about that (tho maybe it was for the best). All that slowed down my continued organizing greatly. But I reccently got a big batch of various big storage container and rolling plastic drawer file casbinates and starting to tackle it better! :applaud:

As for the :heart: Wonderful Stuff.....
my sis helped n me to see U2 in Philly with a GA tix! ( my 2nd GA :love:, my first GA Outer Rail was in NJ 2009 thanks to jemma, then laura) And then she helped me get a new better digital camera 12x zoom so I got some pretty cool, beautiful & hot pics! :hyper::love::hyper:

I met :hug: bonocomet and 2 otherInterland friends of hers when she and friends came in to see Turn Off the Dark and then they went to the NJ I was later with my sis!

Spent some lovely time in the parks and seeing fireworks!
Started to draw again and come up with some other cool Art Projects.
MORE Knitting and Crocheting!

In mid Nov my sis ending up meeting at our old neighborhood event- one of my best friends in HS and we're going to get together this week or next! nervous :uhoh: and excited! :hyper:

WHAT ABOUT U, flyb?

Been good, just shaking off last year. Been trying to finish up with school/college which is taking a little longer than I care for, but other than that I've been pretty good. I know the tour is over and I have probably told you guys about it, but I did finally get to see U2 live back in 2009 and it was awesome. Didn't get close up but just being in the same room with them was enough for me :lol:

Been good, just shaking off last year. Been trying to finish up with school/college which is taking a little longer than I care for, but other than that I've been pretty good. I know the tour is over and I have probably told you guys about it, but I did finally get to see U2 live back in 2009 and it was awesome. Didn't get close up but just being in the same room with them was enough for me :lol:

oh sorry if you had a crappy last year :hug: here's to a much better 2012 for you ( and many people)!

well -- 2009 feels like a long time ago to me--- so :yippie: I'm glad you got to see them in 2009!

Very much big luck for finishing up college!

What is/are you majoring/minoring in, there?

I was thinking about taking Photography as far as a tech thing but also something in the medical field. If i don't find anything else I might go to be a nurse :shrug: but I still have other things in mind as well.

And they keep saying how they need highly educated people. Well then STOP making it so fuckin' hard to get a good education. :doh: This way only rich people's kids are going to uni.

My sentiments exactly. It's insane how much school costs now.

I approve of all the school-bound gals giving it a go, though :up:. Hopefully all goes well with your guys' studies and school doesn't wreck you that bad money-wise :p.

I'd like to go back to school. I've only done a year of community college, I'd like to try and pick up with that and further my education a little.

:up: to people schooling kids in the ways of U2 as well.

And I've never seen this "Tudors" show. I may have to check it out sometime.

:sad: We have a shite winter sofar. It hasn't dropped below zero even ONCE. Usually around this time it's -10 with snow and ice. Can you send me some of your snow? Pretty please?

I second that! It's supposed to be near freakin' 50 degrees F today! In January! Sorry, people, I know I'm weird, but I want my snow. I want my cold weather. I want it to feel like winter, damnit!

(Actually, I think it is supposed to get a bit colder the next few days-not bitterly so, but colder than it has been, and we do have a forecast of some snow. Whether that'll truly happen, though, who knows)

I was thinking about taking Photography as far as a tech thing but also something in the medical field. If i don't find anything else I might go to be a nurse :shrug: but I still have other things in mind as well.

see I thought I remembered nursing as an interest for you.
But if you're not thinking of nursing in a real strong way asnymore? ... maybe you should concentrate on other interests.
Unless you feel you'll grow back into more enthusiasm for it. Just because it's such a hard field- with some really rewarding aspects to it, but not easy to do.

:hmm: a photo tech type thing might be useful and maybe somehow melding it with something medical.... or putting some other interests together...
well, you know you can always come here to discuss it :)

BTW love your avi!

I figured you were one of those super awesome coupon-ers. I think my prob is that I'm more limited by time and patience. I won't shop at certain stores and sometimes only have time to stop at the one store by my house. And I'm just used to buying all our household stuff at Target unless it's on super sale at the grocery store. The convenience of Target for me is worth paying a few cents extra b/c it means not having to go to several stores. But that's awesome how you save so much money - basically the equivalent of a part time job. very cool.

You should still check out the book I linked. Even if you only go to one or two stores you might find a tip or two that you can use. And on average we do 3 stores a week. Giant Eagle (local grocery chain), Walmart, and then one of the drugstores depending on if there is a good enough sale.

Tudor talk FTW :hyper:

Oh god, how I love that show :drool: I own all the season on dvd and I've watched them many many many times :shifty:

Henry Cavill :combust:

I'm such a Tudor history geek though. I loved it before it became popular with that show. I have so many Tudor history books.

Tudor love, ftw :hi5:

WEEKEND? Wow, it's just Tuesday. But considering that I am technically on my Wednesday (meaning this is my third day of working) I'm ready for the weekend. We have a long weekend because of this dude:

U2 - MLK live from Dortmund 1984 - YouTube

U2 - MLK / Pride (In The Name of Love) 1986 - YouTube

No, not Bono...MLK.

But I will be working on Sunday. C'est la vie.
Both of those are just so much win it's mindboggling.

We are all raising smart U2 kids. Grace can tell it's U2 by the singer. "That's Bono," she says. And she knows Edge and Larry too. Poor Adam still gets the shaft. "Who's the other guy?" she asks. We were listening to Elevation on the way to school this morning.

:cute::lol:

Yeah the cost definitely should motivate you to get it done :wink: I'm not looking forward to paying back my student loan :crack:

Yup I decided in the fall to apply for the teaching program. It's something I always had in the back of my mind but never acted on. But I finally realized that's exactly what I want to do so I went for it and applied to the program. I have to wait until April to see if I get accepted. If I do, it's only a one year program and I'll have my Bachelor of Education along with my other degree that I graduated from a few months ago :hyper:

History teacher? Really? :hmm:

You may become my new favorite person. *loves history.... really truly loves it*

It is frustrating how some places are SO much more expensive than others. When I was booking my Hawaii flights, I could have gone to Europe for cheaper than what I ended up paying. :tsk : :rolleyes: But whatever! One day I will get to Italy, dammit. :yes :
You and me both.

You have a new avi :D And glad to hear abuot the new roommate.

Why yes :wink: there are better things than Santa Hat!Lost On A Distant Planet!Bono

and new roommates are exciting! :)

Iiii've been sucked into tumblr for the past couple hours. It is so, so hard to resist. I'm lazy though and only reblog stuff...

And, hello dazz! :wave: have fun at lunch!

My sentiments exactly. It's insane how much school costs now.

I approve of all the school-bound gals giving it a go, though :up:. Hopefully all goes well with your guys' studies and school doesn't wreck you that bad money-wise :p.

I'd like to go back to school. I've only done a year of community college, I'd like to try and pick up with that and further my education a little.

:up: to people schooling kids in the ways of U2 as well.

And I've never seen this "Tudors" show. I may have to check it out sometime.

I second that! It's supposed to be near freakin' 50 degrees F today! In January! Sorry, people, I know I'm weird, but I want my snow. I want my cold weather. I want it to feel like winter, damnit!

(Actually, I think it is supposed to get a bit colder the next few days-not bitterly so, but colder than it has been, and we do have a forecast of some snow. Whether that'll truly happen, though, who knows)

Yup! Especially when you see how much the big bobo's get paid for doing quite little. :coocoo: Makes NO sense!

In Holland the school stuff is now still decent, if you finish your study within 10 years, you get the loan as a gift(public transport card + the money you get each month, sort of student allowance), but if you study longer than 10 years for one and the same degree, you have to pay up. If you quit within half a year, it's no charge either, but if you quit after one year and don't finish another degree within the 10 year, pay up you go.

BUT they're changing that next year. It's going to be only that you can do 1 year longer than your degree should take. Otherwise WHAM 3000 euros fine per year. Well, with Chemistry most people don't make it in 3 year, most take four years, or if you're like me and have study/concentration issues 5 years. So this whole new system fucks up all Beta/science studies. :doh: And it makes people too afraid to even try University, because they don't want to risk the fine.

There's no harm in getting back to school as an adult. :) Can be the change of a lifetime for some.

:lol: Finally someone else who wants snow too. I'm not crazy! I just want winter to be white!

Oh and the exam went easy. :lol: The old exam I had been studying all day(and yesterday too) is one someone snagged few years ago, and it since has been put online and someone provided answers. Well, apparently the professor wasn't aware of this as the exam I got today was nearly the same. Fuckin' NICE!

And holy crap, my laptop came out of hibernation within 2 Seconds! :ohmy: I love this new RAM so much I'd marry it if I could!

:hyper::hyper::hyper: ZU!!!!!

I put the xeroxed Artist Book pages for you in a plastic flat storage bag SOMEWHERE SAFE <so they won't get bent etc> while was continuing to organize and clean.
Several weeks ago I went to where I thought they were....
now I can't find them (so far) :lol: :huh: :( :reject: :reject:

But as soon AS I do.....

ANd I saw your B-D party for Little Z went well! :applaud::hug:

----------------------

i didn't realize the anniversary for the terrible tragedy of the shootings was this past weekend! :hug:ssss

I thot it was like in April! Probably because I was linking the visual memory of the relatively warm weather outer-ware there with what we'd be wearing in April and "filing it" away that way.

sorry I disappeared - had to restart my computer after an oooooooold file froze it up.

No rush on the art stuff - I don't think I"ll have too much time until after March or so anyway.
Yeah, the shooting was this last weekend one year ago. I didn't go to any of the memorials but I did think about it a lot and next weekend we'll probably hike the Gabe Zimmerman Memorial Trail (he graduated from the school where I teach, as did Gabby Giffords).

and new roommates are exciting! :)

And, hello dazz! :wave: have fun at lunch!

the prepared food needed more olive oil...too bad I didn't think of adding some before i tossed it in my tote bag. But the asparagus was good along with the cheese.

good luck with your new roomie! :hug:

what art class project is most interesting to you currently?

sorry I disappeared - had to restart my computer after an oooooooold file froze it up.

No rush on the art stuff - I don't think I"ll have too much time until after March or so anyway.
Yeah, the shooting was this last weekend one year ago. I didn't go to any of the memorials but I did think about it a lot and next weekend we'll probably hike the Gabe Zimmerman Memorial Trail (he graduated from the school where I teach, as did Gabby Giffords).

aaaa... you're at work I expect you to appear & disappear, and maybe reappear again! :D

well I'll keep looking for it as I putter about my reorganizing :D :hug:
b/c when it does arrive - if you have any time you can leaf through it, and at least let some things get stored. Maybe they'll percolate on the way-back back burner and you might get a head start later on! :)

hhhmmm ... that should be a meaningful endeavor next weekend. :hug:

I don't have class yet, it's still break...but I've been thinking up impossible sculpture ideas bc I have sculpture next...emphasis on the impossible. I don't really know anything yet. Such as making body cast molds and putting liquid stuff inside them...

Right now all I know that has to be done is making my own sketchbook for drawing. Done yesterday aside from drilling holes. And there's really expensive colored paper I'm supposed to get.

Yup! Especially when you see how much the big bobo's get paid for doing quite little. :coocoo: Makes NO sense!

In Holland the school stuff is now still decent, if you finish your study within 10 years, you get the loan as a gift(public transport card + the money you get each month, sort of student allowance), but if you study longer than 10 years for one and the same degree, you have to pay up. If you quit within half a year, it's no charge either, but if you quit after one year and don't finish another degree within the 10 year, pay up you go.

BUT they're changing that next year. It's going to be only that you can do 1 year longer than your degree should take. Otherwise WHAM 3000 euros fine per year. Well, with Chemistry most people don't make it in 3 year, most take four years, or if you're like me and have study/concentration issues 5 years. So this whole new system fucks up all Beta/science studies. :doh: And it makes people too afraid to even try University, because they don't want to risk the fine.

Wow. That's crazy. How did we get to the point in this world where college is seen more as a luxurious expense rather than a necessity?

I think about that, too, you see people getting paid ridiculous amounts of money for doing nothing...why not pour some of that money back into funding the schools so they don't have to charge an arm and a leg to students? If I were a millionaire, billionaire, quadrupleaire, whatever, I'd be more than happy to help fund schools as much as possible, give them as many supplies and help pay for school upkeep and such, so that they didn't have to charge students so much to go, and the students would only have to pay for tuition (at a reasonable price), and maybe a couple other minor things if it's specific to the student's needs/studies, whatever. And for those who don't come from financially stable homes, I'd set up something so that they could be able to easily afford to go, too, and not saddle them with debt. Everyone deserves the right to a good education.

*Steps down off her soapbox*

There's no harm in getting back to school as an adult. :) Can be the change of a lifetime for some.

Indeed. I was talking with one of my friends this weekend, and he said that maybe getting back into an academic setting is just what I need to make the change you allude to. Meeting like-minded people, getting more opportunity to pursue my dream job, or find other things I'd love to do (I want to be a writer. That's not always the most stable of jobs. So it probably wouldn't hurt me to find a job in another field that interests me that's a little more permanent, something that I have to fall back on while I'm working on the writing or in case the writing thing fails). Plus, my parents always hoped my sister and I would go to college, because they didn't do that. They never put any pressure on us about it, but they mainly just want us to make a better life for ourselves, and I definitely want that, so I think going back to school would help a lot in that regard.

:lol: Finally someone else who wants snow too. I'm not crazy! I just want winter to be white!

Yes! Glad to not be alone in this sentiment :hug:. Seriously, I keep having to remind myself it's January-you look outside, you'd swear time had stopped and it was still late October or November, even. It's like December never even happened.

And no snow at Christmastime will always just be wrong to me :tsk:.

I don't have class yet, it's still break...but I've been thinking up impossible sculpture ideas bc I have sculpture next...emphasis on the impossible. I don't really know anything yet. Such as making body cast molds and putting liquid stuff inside them...

Right now all I know that has to be done is making my own sketchbook for drawing. Done yesterday aside from drilling holes. And there's really expensive colored paper I'm supposed to get.

oh right... Holiday break! i forgot! oh, silly me! :D

eeehhh that's sounds--- difficult! impossible sculpture ... :tsk:

:hmm: well, it might be cool, too > I guess it'll depend on the parameters you will get.

I love :heart: sculpture as well, as drawing/painting.

I hope later in the year after I've done more :heart: drawing again I'll
try some assemblage-type sculpture again! (my specialty)

ah making your own drawing pad!

I'm getting into making :heart: Artists Books!

Yeah that'd be nice, if the rich bosses would give something back.

And to think we already pay 1500 euros a year for regular uni money and 1800 for a masters degree. :rolleyes: That's going to increase too.

Sounds like a good plan to get a job to pay the bills so you can start doing what you love. :)

Yeah, it's very much October weather here. Last year we had major snow in November. :sad: I want that back!!!

Everyone deserves the right to a good education.

Indeed. I was talking with one of my friends this weekend, and he said that maybe getting back into an academic setting is just what I need to make the change you allude to. Meeting like-minded people, getting more opportunity to pursue my dream job, or find other things I'd love to do (I want to be a writer. That's not always the most stable of jobs. So it probably wouldn't hurt me to find a job in another field that interests me that's a little more permanent, something that I have to fall back on while I'm working on the writing or in case the writing thing fails). Plus, my parents always hoped my sister and I would go to college, because they didn't do that. They never put any pressure on us about it, but they mainly just want us to make a better life for ourselves, and I definitely want that, so I think going back to school would help a lot in that regard.

1> :applaud::applaud: here, here!

2> :hmm: sounds good to me! You might even find as an extra income being able to write about some field/ interest you already have, or become attracted to!

aaaa... you're at work I expect you to appear & disappear, and maybe reappear again! :D

well I'll keep looking for it as I putter about my reorganizing :D :hug:
b/c when it does arrive - if you have any time you can leaf through it, and at least let some things get stored. Maybe they'll percolate on the way-back back burner and you might get a head start later on! :)

hhhmmm ... that should be a meaningful endeavor next weekend. :hug:

Yes, back for a bit before drama club meets. Then I have to somehow run 4.5 miles today... I'm a little daunted. But hopefully good music will get me through.

Haha, yeah, there ya go, dazz! Win-win all around!

My other loves are art, and I have always liked history/literature stuff, too-English and history were my two best subjects in school, so there's probably something out there I could find in that area, I'm sure.

Yeah that'd be nice, if the rich bosses would give something back.

And to think we already pay 1500 euros a year for regular uni money and 1800 for a masters degree. :rolleyes: That's going to increase too.

Indeed.

Oy. That sucks. How do they expect people to even be able to cover their basics and that all at the same time?

Sounds like a good plan to get a job to pay the bills so you can start doing what you love. :)

One of those crazy logical adult decisions :p. I just, you know, don't want to be sitting there starving or anything. I don't do the "starving artist" persona.

Yeah, it's very much October weather here. Last year we had major snow in November. :sad: I want that back!!!

We had some at the start of December and I was all, "Yay! Bit late, but finally!" It was here for a good week.

Then it melted :(. Snatch my fun away, why don't you, Mother Nature? *Shakes fist*

are you training for a particular race again or just you're next goal.

yes good music while doing almost any physical task it great! :yes:good luck on your trail !

I have a triathlon on March (this pompus guy I know said "oh, just a sprint triathlon" I wanted to punch him) and then a big 7.5 mile race in San Francisco in May. And I think today's run will be on the treadmill :reject:

I have a triathlon on March (this pompus guy I know said "oh, just a sprint triathlon" I wanted to punch him) and then a big 7.5 mile race in San Francisco in May. And I think today's run will be on the treadmill :reject:

1> aaaawwww :hug:sss

sending PGP Posse after Arrogant Guy RIGHT NOA!!! :madwife::madwife::madwife:

:D

2> oooo 7.5 in SF! :hyper: do you get to run in a nice to look/interesting at area?

:heart: SF!

zuropa_fit said:

I will be registering for a 9 mile race in upstate NY in July this weekend and submitting my application for the lottery for the NYC marathon. Tonight, its a kick 2 mile run with my minimal shoes.

My husband used to call sprint triathlons 'mini triathlons'. I said if it is so mini - you do it.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Wow. That's crazy. How did we get to the point in this world where college is seen more as a luxurious expense rather than a necessity?

I think about that, too, you see people getting paid ridiculous amounts of money for doing nothing...why not pour some of that money back into funding the schools so they don't have to charge an arm and a leg to students? If I were a millionaire, billionaire, quadrupleaire, whatever, I'd be more than happy to help fund schools as much as possible, give them as many supplies and help pay for school upkeep and such, so that they didn't have to charge students so much to go, and the students would only have to pay for tuition (at a reasonable price), and maybe a couple other minor things if it's specific to the student's needs/studies, whatever. And for those who don't come from financially stable homes, I'd set up something so that they could be able to easily afford to go, too, and not saddle them with debt. Everyone deserves the right to a good education.

Yes! Glad to not be alone in this sentiment :hug:. Seriously, I keep having to remind myself it's January-you look outside, you'd swear time had stopped and it was still late October or November, even. It's like December never even happened.

And no snow at Christmastime will always just be wrong to me :tsk:.

Can you get a job at a university or college? You can usually take classes there for free and work towards a degree. Now have I taken advantage of that at mine? I tried to take a screen writing class once and it was filled with teenage jerks. So instead of taking a class in writing - I subject innocent peoples to my musings on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom