PGP: U2 Dry Spells Suck HARD :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally get not wanting to read and do school work. I got in those moods all the time when I was in school. If I get accepted into the education program for next year, I'll be excited to have two placements which means less classroom time. I'd rather be out in the field actually practicing teaching and gaining experience then sitting in a classroom being told how to teach.

How is that a shit winter??? That's a "I'm doing the happy dance every day" winter :cabbagepatch: :wink:

Here's some snow for ya! :shifty:
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/KBohonis/snow-ball-fight.png[/ IMG][/QUOTE]
Well the thing is, I WANT to get this done. I can finally get my bachelors degree two years late this june if I get this done. But for some reason I can't find the motivation to actually start. :doh: Having to pay 3000 euros if I don't finish by september should be a big enough motivation IMO!

So you decided to become a teacher too after all? :D Awesome. History right?

That's a shit winter because it's... pretty much autumn. Winter = snow and ice and hot cocoa in front of the fire. Not t-shirt weather because it's 10 friggin' C.

:love: Snowfight!
[QUOTE="ClaytonsKitten, post: 7445697, member: 63517"]Yeah, kindergarten has been fun for him. And for us. :giggle:
He was writing out a setlist on the board during his parent-teacher conference in the fall. And his teacher was like "he's doing that from MEMORY??" :lol:

My little rockstar. Always makin' us proud. :love:

I'll give Adam plenty of love. :shifty: ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Wow, you raised him very, very well. Has he been to a show with you guys?

Well the thing is, I WANT to get this done. I can finally get my bachelors degree two years late this june if I get this done. But for some reason I can't find the motivation to actually start. :doh: Having to pay 3000 euros if I don't finish by september should be a big enough motivation IMO!

So you decided to become a teacher too after all? :D Awesome. History right?

That's a shit winter because it's... pretty much autumn. Winter = snow and ice and hot cocoa in front of the fire. Not t-shirt weather because it's 10 friggin' C.

:love: Snowfight!

Yeah the cost definitely should motivate you to get it done :wink: I'm not looking forward to paying back my student loan :crack:

Yup I decided in the fall to apply for the teaching program. It's something I always had in the back of my mind but never acted on. But I finally realized that's exactly what I want to do so I went for it and applied to the program. I have to wait until April to see if I get accepted. If I do, it's only a one year program and I'll have my Bachelor of Education along with my other degree that I graduated from a few months ago :hyper:

They're now putting fees on if you're studying too long. Fuckin' 3000 euros if you take too long. That's NOT what I signed up for. :doh: If I'd known that I wouldn't have done Uni.

That sounds exciting. :D Teaching should be pretty fun!

I've been contemplating not doing a Masters degree, and instead doing a short course for my bachelor's teaching degree. I already followed one teaching subject so it'd only require two more or so.
Asides from the longer study fee they're also going to rip all masters students off. No more public transport card, no more study allowance, nothing. It's all going to be one epic student loan of hell. That is certainly putting me off.

They're now putting fees on if you're studying too long. Fuckin' 3000 euros if you take too long. That's NOT what I signed up for. :doh: If I'd known that I wouldn't have done Uni.

That sounds exciting. :D Teaching should be pretty fun!

I've been contemplating not doing a Masters degree, and instead doing a short course for my bachelor's teaching degree. I already followed one teaching subject so it'd only require two more or so.
Asides from the longer study fee they're also going to rip all masters students off. No more public transport card, no more study allowance, nothing. It's all going to be one epic student loan of hell. That is certainly putting me off.

Isn't forking out thousands of dollars for uni fun?? :rolleyes:

:shifty:

Isn't forking out thousands of dollars for uni fun?? :rolleyes:

:shifty:
:happy: Great fun!

And they keep saying how they need highly educated people. Well then STOP making it so fuckin' hard to get a good education. :doh: This way only rich people's kids are going to uni.

Bd hinest. You'd be sad if I didn't! :wink:

HI K! :shifty:

:wink: Disappointed, for sure.

Though I must go away already, going to catch the train to uni. I'll be back later tonight though.

:tongue:

How is that a shit winter??? That's a "I'm doing the happy dance every day" winter :cabbagepatch: :wink:

EXACTLY!! :up: :lol:

This is my idea of the perfect winter. :love: We've been fairly lucky here so far. It's snowed once in November, but it didn't last long. Hopefully the rest of our winter will be as mild as it has been so far. I've worn my winter coat maybe twice I think. I love it!! *knock on wood it stays nice*

stupid flights :angry:

off for a walk, planning trips aint my thing, suggest me smthing while I´m away :D :wave:

I'll plan your trip for you! I LOVE planning travel! For a while there after I lost my job, I was thinking about doing travel consulting on the side. I've helped many friends find all sorts of great deals. I'm a pro at that. :)

Yep! Not counting Vertigo Pittsburgh (I was 8 1/2 months preggers with him).
He went to E. Lansing, MI with us this time around. We did Tampa without him since he wasnt quite 4 then. And Pittsburgh's 360 show was kid-free since that was a last-minute decision when they announced it lol. (we barely scraped together the $$ to grab a pair of cheap seats the day they went on sale so it was just easiest to say that was Mommy & Daddy's show)

And I think next tour we'll do the same. A show with him and then another without him. Us grownups need our own time, ya know? :wink:

Back, damn that was cold walk :angry:

thx Thora, I´, just baffled how 2 weeks in Cuba is cheaper than 5 days in Amsterdam :lol:

thx Thora, I´, just baffled how 2 weeks in Cuba is cheaper than 5 days in Amsterdam :lol:

It is frustrating how some places are SO much more expensive than others. When I was booking my Hawaii flights, I could have gone to Europe for cheaper than what I ended up paying. :tsk: :rolleyes: But whatever! One day I will get to Italy, dammit. :yes:

Hey everybody. :wave:

Dazz!!! :hug: How've you been? Usually when I come here you've already left so I don't get a chance to say hey.

:hmm: :lightbulb:

a 2 line sign OR Tee-Shirt

"Home-Skooled"
U2-Fan Kid

< lines of type centered of course :D>

ETA

it could also have child-like drawn faces or figures of U2 .....

...or make all three! :D

I should make a onesie for the new baby "U2 Fan In Training" :lol:
I'm already planning on making her one that says Achtung Baby on it. :wink:

Oh pretty good..... bad stuff first, fun stuff after

still struggling with organizing my place over past 2 years -thu a very few little sections look lovely! My sis being diagnosed and then successfully treated (?1 1/2 yr Free of)thyroid cancer a roller coaster ride.
Then our dad having a extra medical scare in Jan. Got through that but he was put on palliative care. Then we had to put him on in-nursing home hospice care in early June; where we told he had ? 3- 6 months; then getting contacted a week or so later that he couldn't eat/drink safely anymore. Well with palliative care you know what that means so he was gone in 2 weeks :huh: :( Still kind of shocked about that (tho maybe it was for the best). All that slowed down my continued organizing greatly. But I reccently got a big batch of various big storage container and rolling plastic drawer file casbinates and starting to tackle it better! :applaud:

As for the :heart: Wonderful Stuff.....
my sis helped n me to see U2 in Philly with a GA tix! ( my 2nd GA :love:, my first GA Outer Rail was in NJ 2009 thanks to jemma, then laura) And then she helped me get a new better digital camera 12x zoom so I got some pretty cool, beautiful & hot pics! :hyper::love::hyper:

I met :hug: bonocomet and 2 otherInterland friends of hers when she and friends came in to see Turn Off the Dark and then they went to the NJ I was later with my sis!

Spent some lovely time in the parks and seeing fireworks!
Started to draw again and come up with some other cool Art Projects.
MORE Knitting and Crocheting!

In mid Nov my sis ending up meeting at our old neighborhood event- one of my best friends in HS and we're going to get together this week or next! nervous :uhoh: and excited! :hyper:

WHAT ABOUT U, flyb?

:whistle: I may have to watch The Tudors...I hear Jonathan Rhys Meyers is in it a lot :wink:

Good news! New suitemate when the next semester's done. The really awkward one's switched schools...weird that I didn't find out until recently, though. I kept thinking it was temporary that she didn't like our school. I mean, everyone's like that first semester.

You have a new avi :D And glad to hear abuot the new roommate.

I'll bring the flowbee. :shifty: Buzzzzzzzzzzzz

:giggle: I bet some of the kids in here don't remember the flowbee
Hmm, must be a full moon. I see they've let the lunatics loose from the asylum again tonight. Well one of them anyway. :coocoo:

ooh full moon. Last night Owen and I pulled over on the side of the road to watch the full moon rise over the mountain. It was purty. I do NOT think it's okay, though, to have the moon up by the time I get home and night and STILL be up when I get to work the next morning. Days are tooooo long right now.
But I missed the coo-coo. I won't even bother trying to find the post you're talking about. Some people...

And girl, couponing is an art form. I buy multiples of 3 different newspapers in my area, and I use a couple different websites/FB pages to help me match up sales with the coupons I have. We're not brand loyal at all (except in very specific instances) so its easy to stock up on things like pasta, canned veggies, shampoo, TP, etc. And one of my local stores, Giant Eagle, does 'manager specials' on meat if you know what days/times to check, so I rarely pay full-price for meat. I buy it right before or on the 'sell-by' date and freeze it. Since I'm not working (and wont be until FroBaby is of school age to save us childcare costs), this has become my job. I decided to track my weekly spending this year versus my store savings at all the stores I shop at (including Walmart and drugstores), and just last week I saved $164! That's basically 20 hrs of work at the Ohio min. wage!!

And if you watch closely, combining a store sale with coupons can make stuff FREE at times (just pay tax). I highly recommend this book:
Amazon.com: The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bills in Half: The Strategic Shopping Method Proven to Slash Food and Drugstore Costs (9781583333686): Stephanie Nelson: Books
I borrowed it from my library TWICE and then ended up getting my own. Well worth every cent.

:

I figured you were one of those super awesome coupon-ers. I think my prob is that I'm more limited by time and patience. I won't shop at certain stores and sometimes only have time to stop at the one store by my house. And I'm just used to buying all our household stuff at Target unless it's on super sale at the grocery store. The convenience of Target for me is worth paying a few cents extra b/c it means not having to go to several stores. But that's awesome how you save so much money - basically the equivalent of a part time job. very cool.

WEEKEND? Wow, it's just Tuesday. But considering that I am technically on my Wednesday (meaning this is my third day of working) I'm ready for the weekend. We have a long weekend because of this dude:

But I will be working on Sunday. C'est la vie.

Thanks for reminding me! I was thinking we had another full week before the 4 day week but that's very cool. I could use the day "off" (just remembered I scheduled the little guy and I for doctor and dentist appointments all on that day so we don't have to miss work.

EXACTLY!! :up: :lol:

I'll plan your trip for you! I LOVE planning travel! For a while there after I lost my job, I was thinking about doing travel consulting on the side. I've helped many friends find all sorts of great deals. I'm a pro at that. :)

You should! I hear travel agents make BANK!

You're going to Cuba? or Amsterdam? What for? Vacation?
I've got 2 SoCal trips to plan for :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom