PGP: Take me higher!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
andberlin said:

i KNOW if i was still living in auckland i'd be hiding under an igneous rock, but as i'm in sydney, err i'm gonna go with sedimentary - is sandstone sedimentary? i totally forget :eek:

Bingo! You win :D

I want to go to NZ and see some funky rocks and volcanoes and things... mmm, volcanic.

yay! :nerd: actually, that was one part of science that i WAS interested in!

you'd love auckland, but you probably already know about the whole volcanic thing there anyway. the best thing is the beaches on the west coast of auckland with black volcanic sand :drool: my favourite place in the world. seriously.

I know that New Zealand is extremely cool from a geology/palaeontology point of view... my abortive masters project was an assemblage of early Tertiary molluscs from Chatham Island, which is way off the east coast of NZ. Sadly, even fossilisation didn't make molluscs very interesting and I gave it up. :slant:

Are you a New Zealander by birth, then?

Oooh, COBL... This and that Arcade Fire song are guaranteed to put an idiotic grin on my face, since I saw the concerts... :D

I'm getting ready to leave the ground...

cool? as in not much going on? i just love the whole premise that a city of 1 million people has grown up around a whole lot of extinct volcanoes, makes for an interesting landscape to say the least

*more black sand love*

no, i'm an aussie through and through, but i lived in auckland for pretty much all of 2004 - had a kiwi boyfriend :wink:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable living around a bunch of volcanoes (active or not!) :no:

i know what you mean, but i dunnow, they don't really look that big, not the ones on the mainland anyway....rangitoto is a volcanic island in auckland harbour (??? close enough anyway!) and THAT i am nervous of - looks a bit too much like a REAL volcano :ohmy:

andberlin said:

i know what you mean, but i dunnow, they don't really look that big, not the ones on the mainland anyway....rangitoto is a volcanic island in auckland harbour (??? close enough anyway!) and THAT i am nervous of - looks a bit too much like a REAL volcano :ohmy:

I believe you....but I would find it a bit unnerving living near one :yikes:

I guess I'm used to living in flat Midwestern land! :lol:

:ohmy:

i did live near one when i first moved there! haha! i'm too used to having mountains and hills and the like - i remember when i first stayed in melbourne i was unnerved by its flatness :ohmy: :eek: geography & topography 'eh....:wink:

Cool, as in :cool: ... lots of interesting things there for geology/palaeo geeks :D So there is a lot going on, but not in terms of imminent eruptions. Unless you go to that part that is active, with the geysers and hot mud and sulphurous emissions and whatnot... Rotorua?

There's a very extinct volcano in sight of my parents' place, Weldy... it hasn't so much as hiccupped in 6000 years :) My dad likes to joke with visitors that it's liable to go at any time, but it's as safe as an extinct volcano can be. We used to go up there for picnics and stuff in the crater... :D

Anyway, it's high time I went home... Thanks for keeping me entertained at work :D :hug:

The IT guys will almost certainly realise whatever they've done wrong and I'll be cut off again tomorrow... :(

Seeya! :wave:

coolness then! yeah, roturua it is - the place stinks apparently! luckily i've never had to experience it first hand :|

picnics in volcano craters=awesomeness!

:huh:

i probably don't have nearly the same amount of pics as you guys, but wow, having embarked on the process of uploading them all onto photobucket i'm feeling quite daunted :eek:

as well as that i lost a whole folder of adam pics which is :eek: enough without having to start again from scratch...having said that, i really can't say i mind doing it :drool:

My U2 pics folder has expanded exponentially since I started posting in PLEBA... I've had to organise it into different band members and combinations thereof... I cringe at the thought of putting ALL of them on photobucket (and likely having to organise that too!). I pretty much just upload them as I need to post them...

A grisly day? That sounds slightly unnerving... :yikes:

Gorgeous photos, by the way, SG!
(I finally got to read the end of the last thread...)

so has mine! it's nuts! and i've got all these different folders organising them the same way you have - it is a bit mad, but i've been in organising mode lately! and that's probably my main reason for wanting to upload them:wink: i'll proably get tired of it by tomorrow anyway :lol:

haha, maybe i'm being a bit too heavy with the adjectives! grisly, moody - i'm exhausting my descriptive powers for rainy days :lol:

andberlin said:
so has mine! it's nuts! and i've got all these different folders organising them the same way you have - it is a bit mad, but i've been in organising mode lately! and that's probably my main reason for wanting to upload them:wink: i'll proably get tired of it by tomorrow anyway :lol:

haha, maybe i'm being a bit too heavy with the adjectives! grisly, moody - i'm exhausting my descriptive powers for rainy days :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's OCD about their photo folders... :lol: I did stop short of having different folders for three-person combinations, or with different famous people, or keeping photos from the same shoot together... :crack:

Maybe you meant "drizzly" instead of "grisly"... unless there's something shocking about you we don't know... :eek:

Where's Molly... this bass tab for 40 looks tricky... :madwife:

you're still up!

:reject:

i had a seperate folder for 3 person shots :ohmy: :reject: but i got sick and tired of it so they go in my band folder. when i start organising pics into era's then i'll be a bit worried :lol:

andberlin said:

i had a seperate folder for 3 person shots :ohmy: :reject: but i got sick and tired of it so they go in my band folder. when i start organising pics into era's then i'll be a bit worried :lol:

Yes, I'm still up... this blue crack is insidious stuff!

Oh, I have a three-person folder, it's just not divided up into WHICH three people ... yet... :reject:

I know, the era thing worries me a bit too... :yikes:

I mean it this time! *tears self out of computer chair* Bye :)

Alisaura said:

Yes, I'm still up... this blue crack is insidious stuff!

Oh, I have a three-person folder, it's just not divided up into WHICH three people ... yet... :reject:

I know, the era thing worries me a bit too... :yikes:

I mean it this time! *tears self out of computer chair* Bye :)

haha what does that say about me *looks at clock* :shifty:

:ohmy: ok i don't feel so bad now! i thought i was going a bit nutty getting OCD with my picture folders - hopefully that organisation will spill over into my schoolwork :ohmy: :eek:

:wave:

sweet dreams! i'm SURE i'll be in bed soon *waits for web publishing wizard to finish uploading pics......twiddles thumbs* :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom