PGP-Style OLYMPICS: Racing To Snog Our U2 Guys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello all! :hug:

Weekends, ftw. :drool: I have tomorrow off as well, so I'm excited for the extra day off.

Awesome, what's the occasion?

I have to work at 4:30. Do not want. :grumpy:
:(

I just watched parts of It Might Get Loud - I skipped the Jack White parts :shh:

I know- I have to wait 'til I"m home alone - tonight :shh: :giggle:

Poor Jack White. :hug:

Oh, okay, I was afraid that I'd missed it! :lol:

I've desperately wanted to watch my Best of 90 - 00 videos, but it won't work in my dvr anymore, it's gotten really finicky about what it'll play lately. :| The PS2 seems to only want to play burnt dvds lately, and it won't play in that, either. The other day, I looked online, and found this series on Pirate Bay where someone had made dvds of most of the videos from various eras. :love: I downloaded and watched the AB era one, but the Pop era is taking *forever* to download. It's been a couple of days now, and today it's saying there's anywhere from 6 to 10 hours left. :watchesdownloadspeedimpatiently: :waiting:

Awesome, what's the occasion?

We have employees who live in AB and ON, and there's a holiday there for Family Day in February. Since they got a day off in February, they thought it was fair that we got one too, so they picked a day close to spring break time, and especially this month, since there's no official holiday this month. :D I don't have family nearby (they all live at least 2 hrs away both N and S of me), but my joke was that the spa is going to be my family for the day, as that's what I'm doing for part of the day tomorrow. :drool:

Gaah... I didn't think anyone was around so I went and had dinner. Sorry! :reject:

Zooey got published?! Did I know this? :ohmy: :applaud:
I can't seem to write anything publishable to save my life... I dunno how good I am at constructive criticism, but I've done a lot of proofreading... let me know if you want another pair of eyes.

I'm scared of torrents *L* What's the quality like?

I was a huge fan during that era... but sadly they didn't see fit to visit this part of the world on that tour.

I think I have read that, yes... and enjoyed it very much too. :up:

Hope it went well!

I always do that too, post and then wander off. :lol:

I meant published as in published online. I should have clarified.

Torrents sound intimidating, but I swear, it's SO easy!

The quality of the Rotterdam show is pretty good. Not the best I've seen, but far from the worst. It's very watchable though. :up:

We have employees who live in AB and ON, and there's a holiday there for Family Day in February. Since they got a day off in February, they thought it was fair that we got one too, so they picked a day close to spring break time, and especially this month, since there's no official holiday this month. :D I don't have family nearby (they all live at least 2 hrs away both N and S of me), but my joke was that the spa is going to be my family for the day, as that's what I'm doing for part of the day tomorrow. :drool:

Oh wow, that sounds awesome!! :drool:

Our Family Day is weird. Last year, it was this half-assed thing that no one really paid attention to. This year I assumed it would be the same, and I went out to get groceries that day, and all the stores were closed. Also, it falls on the first day of Sarah's reading week, and I'm very surprised that the profs don't get the following Monday off in lieu of.

Oh wow, that sounds awesome!! :drool:

Our Family Day is weird. Last year, it was this half-assed thing that no one really paid attention to. This year I assumed it would be the same, and I went out to get groceries that day, and all the stores were closed. Also, it falls on the first day of Sarah's reading week, and I'm very surprised that the profs don't get the following Monday off in lieu of.

It should be! :D Days off are awesome, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I've got to buy a new pair of running shoes, so I'm going to sleep in, go look at the shoes for a while, then spend the rest of the afternoon at the spa. I've had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket since December, so it's high time I used it up. Thankfully it will cover the entire cost of my massage, so all I'll have to pay for is the tip. :drool:

Really - stores were closed?! Weird! I don't think any stores around here close unless it's like one of the big holidays (ie: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving), and even then some are open for a few hours. The gov't offices and mail is closed, but everything else is generally open.

I still don't really understand what it is. It must be a stat holiday, if the stores were closed. I just know I was pissed that day, driving all over town, looking for open stores. I finally gave up and called Sarah and asked her to check online to see if any were open. I had very specific dinner plans, and couldn't get the things I needed. :angry: :lol:

Oooh, enjoy your massage! :drool:

:lol: Yeah, I don't really understand either, but I'm never one to question having an extra day off. :D

I will, thanks! I normally go up to visit my parents when I have a long weekend, but since they're busy this weekend, I've stayed at home. Since I had nothing important to do this weekend, it made sense to book the massage for tomorrow. :D

You've been so busy lately that I bet it was nice just to chill for a weekend!

Did you see my post in the Olympic thread the other day, that the men's curling team were at a mall in London? I didn't go, but I thought about it. :shifty:

OMG - it totally is wonderful to have nothing to do. :drool: I've been sleeping lots. I was so exhausted after everything. It was SO much fun, but frankly I'm glad it's done so that life is now back to normal.

Yeah, I saw that! :D Very cool. I posted a picture of him in the hottest dude thread. :giggle:

OMG - it totally is wonderful to have nothing to do. :drool: I've been sleeping lots. I was so exhausted after everything. It was SO much fun, but frankly I'm glad it's done so that life is now back to normal.

Yeah, I saw that! :D Very cool. I posted a picture of him in the hottest dude thread. :giggle:

On his wiki page (yes, I looked him up :reject: ) it says that earlier this year, E-Talk Canada did a thing about him, calling him one of the country's most eligible bachelors. :drool:

On his wiki page (yes, I looked him up :reject: ) it says that earlier this year, E-Talk Canada did a thing about him, calling him one of the country's most eligible bachelors. :drool:

:laugh: I love it! No doubt he's even MORE popular now that he has a gold medal. :D I'd hit that! Not that the opportunity will ever arise, but a girl can dream. :wink:

I'm just reading his page right now! :laugh: Oh my god, I love it!! I'd heard about the ripping off of the shirt (probably from you), but now the bar fights?! Love it!!

I think I looked at his page early in the Olympics, and there was nothing good there. Obviously someone's been busy updating it since then. :wink:

For those of you not familiar with Canadian curling, here's who we're talking about. :drool:

morris.jpg

p17_morris.jpg

Yeah, I don't really see it being all that popular in the summer months, although it might be a bonus to be inside a cool arena on a hot day. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom