PGP - rowing our boat on every breaking Wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG!!!! when was THAT taken!:ohmy::ohmy:

sorry girls...that's a street/ave I've traveled on for decades!

It's almost like he was wwalking in my neighborhood!:ohmy::drool::heart:

ack! woah!:lol:

The file info says 4-27-2006, and I remember there was more info about it, but I don't remember what it was. :doh:

(but I'm also just finishing my tequila+ margarita from an extra tall Guinness glass. :cocktail: )

rf
The file info says 4-27-2006, and I remember there was more info about it, but I don't remember what it was. :doh:

(but I'm also just finishing my tequila+ margarita from an extra tall Guinness glass. :cocktail: )

:giggle: that's ok...........

um...it just a bit "shocking" as I said I've spent over 35 yearsgoing by on THAT particular cross street/ave. And going into that Book store ( Strand)....it realy is almost like he was walking in my neighborhood!

BTW is he still on the upper west side or did they move down to ?Soho? afew yrs back.

The UWS is another area....again very long time spent around part of that area, (almost 40 yrs in different parts) some consistantly, some at differtent times.

it's realy like I'm in his neighborhood, but actaully almost more like me being the born and bred NYC'r that I am -he's in "mine".... :lol:

:hmm: i think maybe also because it's NOT on one of the BIG cross-streets of NYC... it' 2 south blocks of14th St/Broadway & Union Square Park. But this a spot is a little more low key, more.....neighborly.... :)
it's kind of surreal, but really neat, too!

:lol: but i am really reactingly intensely to this photo of him in this location. :)

:lol: but i am really reactingly intensely to this photo of him in this location. :)

It's ok I'd react intensely if Bono were in my neighborhood too. :) (I'm sorry you just missed him by about 4 years :wink: )

and I just have to tell you, you made my night with a good giggle (Ok I laughed so hard I had tears) with a typo over in the PS thread. I'm SO sorry, I'm not laughing at you I swear. Some typos are just awesome though. :giggle:
(I know it's probably not even that funny, ignore me I'm a dork :reject: )

:ohmy::uhoh:now I have to go see what it is.........

oh......there have been some rare hysterical typos by others here so i guess i was due :D

i don't type that well, i can't always see the keyboard perfectly clear so I'm prone to them. I usually catch them tho, either before I post or on reading the post I'll go back and edit... sometimes i'm in a rush

But in the past 2 days I've had to "repost" several times FOR each post becuase the signal drops down and I get not connected- when i see the signal is still active

SO by the time I'm on my 3rd OR 4th try i could miss something...:giggle:

I've already given up on severall tonight and last night!

RE BONO
like i said it was NOT my actual nabe but places I frequent SO much for SO long they sort of really feel like it!

:hmm: FOUR years, you say?

get me a time machine - STAT!!!!
:wink:

Well, in all fairness the typo was partly the websites fault as the font makes capital "i" look like a lower case "L".

It made a good funny anyway. :D

:lol:

I was afraid it was THAT!!! yeah I scrambled to chage it and I thot I had! but with all thereposting i guess I missed

but i made another mistake

i meant to say R2D2
and i typed RF2 instead

if i hadn't been too tired i would have screamed with laughter at Edge as R2D2 w Beanie!!!!! omg!!!!!! :lmao:
in my mind I am ROTFLMAO!

I'm popping in and out, :wave: busy with home stuff, but I've just be sqweeeing over the pics of Bono's boys. OMG they are so cute. :cute:

and I'll post the pic so there's no confusion on his boys... :wink:

bonospawn8-2010.jpg

:cute: That's so adorable! When was this taken? Russia I guess?

Oh my god.

My uncle has always been a man with a lot of great stories, and last time he was hear(we dont' see eachother often) he said he was going to write me a letter about an encounter he once had, that he knew I'd be interested in. This all was months ago. I just received the letter.
It's a story from 1987, in Amsterdam. About how he was in a pub reading the paper, and studying people which he does a lot. He encountered a young man with long black hair there, with a hat next to him and sunglasses on his nose to shield him from the morning sun. A young woman came over and they sat for a while and then she wanted to leave. They left, but the man forgot his hat. My uncle grabbed it and ran after tham to hand him back his hat. He wasn't aware who the man was, but the waitress told him when he returned at the pub(after scolding him from running away before paying).

I don't think I have to explain anyone here who that man was. Damn. I am incredibly impressed rigth now, my uncle has a way of writing that is like when you read his letters it's a brilliant novel you've always wanted to read.

I'm immune too :shrug: After all, it wasn't his own that Bono called 'the fifth member of U2' *cough*

:lol::lol:

Oh my god.

My uncle has always been a man with a lot of great stories, and last time he was hear(we dont' see eachother often) he said he was going to write me a letter about an encounter he once had, that he knew I'd be interested in. This all was months ago. I just received the letter.
It's a story from 1987, in Amsterdam. About how he was in a pub reading the paper, and studying people which he does a lot. He encountered a young man with long black hair there, with a hat next to him and sunglasses on his nose to shield him from the morning sun. A young woman came over and they sat for a while and then she wanted to leave. They left, but the man forgot his hat. My uncle grabbed it and ran after tham to hand him back his hat. He wasn't aware who the man was, but the waitress told him when he returned at the pub(after scolding him from running away before paying).

I don't think I have to explain anyone here who that man was. Damn. I am incredibly impressed rigth now, my uncle has a way of writing that is like when you read his letters it's a brilliant novel you've always wanted to read.

That is SO cool :up:

I know. I'm trying to find a pic of Bono that fit his description. From what he said it sounds like Ali was with him. But the report is confusing. He states it was a beautiful early spring day in 1987. Then later the waitress told him the band had a gig at the Rai that evening. They have only played that venue once and that was in december 1989! JT they played Rotterdam.
Ofcourse the story is over 20 years old and ofcourse my uncle can remember things wrong, I'm just hoping I can get a pic I can send him of the outfit.

That was the plan, since he had a hard time remembering I'd like to find that picture for him so he can keep it for memories' sake.

Very cool, GG!

Wow, we're on the same page we were when I went to bed last night.

......... everyone feeling all right? :wink:

Maybe that's why he's flaunting it so much - he's trying to take over the title!

Does it get it's on throne?

Just a quick shout out to DG if she happens to pop in here any time soon. :wave: :hug: :kiss: :love: :hug:

Aww i miss DG :sad:

Oh my god.

:ohmy::drool:

NI's family have loads of stories like that. Random meets with the boys. It used to really annoy me until i meet them :reject:

Gg that's a cool story. I saw your request about the pic. I'll keep my eye out of course. :hmm: I've got tons of old magazines with random pics I've never had the time to scan, plus my scanner is really crappy and never makes old photos look better than a grainy mess, but I will definitely look.

Uh .....................

*cough*

No comment.

:shifty:

I wasn't picturing us wearing crowns - I was picturing us standing there holding a tiny little crown to present to him. Hence the kingly velvet thing. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom