PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy::lol::lol:

omg!

birds, rigght and ....drunk on fermented berries?!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: omg!

did you videotape them? :lol:

i think b/c i saw a tv commercial for it (what i'm going to metnion) the night before

this is like the reverse of Hitchcock's movie "The Birds"

Just google Imaged them
ooo they're kind of pretty. AND they do have racoon-like "bandet-mask" black strip over thier eyes! stealing your berries

By the way, this is some epic hair right here.....and I don't mean you, Bono....

tumblr_ma4s1pwV6C1qeoueko1_500.jpg

:lol: Oh, wow...

I kind of like it, though. On her, at least, I don't know if anyone else could pull off that hair.

That's an adorable picture regardless :cute:. Awwwwwwwww. I think it's so cool that they've been married for 30 years, in this business that's such a rarity, sadly.

saw quik tv footage last nite

it just we've NEVER gotten as many as we have had in the past ?5-6 years or so.
now i am including at least one NJ one but it wasn't that far from the upper Hudson Bay which lower manhattan part of brooklyn face w nj on the other side!

Seriously, one of the biggest draws of that part of the country for me has been that they have less of those than my area of the country does. I mean, of course, I know ANY place can get them, nobody's immune, but there are the tornado hot spots and then the other areas get them every great once in a while at best.

But now...yeah, it's really weird how common it's been out there.

Seriously, one of the biggest draws of that part of the country for me has been that they have less of those than my area of the country does. I mean, of course, I know ANY place can get them, nobody's immune, but there are the tornado hot spots and then the other areas get them every great once in a while at best.

But now...yeah, it's really weird how common it's been out there.

i've had friends on-line (totally diferent subject/on-line community) some native Californians, some native Mid-Westerners and some who moved and switched geographic places debate pro & cons of living in either area and fears about Tornados vs Earthquakes. I'd be like :huh::yikes: i wouldn't live in either!

let me tell you living in NYC the during the Cold War ERA 60's - 80-s there were some really scary times even w/o quakes or shakers durin the real tense occasions!

only near equal were those livin in certain parts of the ?Mid-west & ?Northern Tier right near the missle silos....

in the movie "The Day After" watching the missles come out of their silos along with the cinematography of the small cities or towns people see the rising missle exhaust-fuel smoke trails in the sky.... :yikes::sad:

Eleven years ago, I felt lonelier than I ever have in my life. It was morning - much like this one. Bright and cool. Tuesday as well. I remember hearing my universities clock tower chime as I walked to work.

My boss came into our office and said Logan Airport was in crisis mode. A plane hit the World Trade Center. For those who don't know - there is a World Trade Center across the harbor from Logan and I thought that's what happened. It's the building my husband works in now. It made sense that a plan would crash so close to the airport. I was worried since I worked there part time as a banquet waitress. Slowly, we found out it was in NY. Well that didn't make any sense. We just had a radio which made things 10 times scarier as all you could hear was the panic. We just didn't know what to expect next. They got to our planes. Would our trains and subways be next? We stood in our conference room and watched the horror unfold on TV. We were let out early.

I rode the subway home and everyone had a glassy look in their eye. We were all shell-shocked but also wary. Was there something on the subway? I lived in South Boston directly across from the airport. Planes took off and landed over my house all the time. Sometime I'd think they were going to crash right into us. Not that night. The streets were still eerily so. The skies were dark and quiet except for the occasional screech of a fighter jet high above my city.

I was single and sort of at a low point. I wasn't dating, in fact, I had forgotten how to talk to anyone. I just stayed at home and downloaded music. My family was far away - physically and emotionally. And as I stared at the empty sky, I was certain that I'd never marry or have children since the world was ending.

That was I remember about 9/11. The feeling of hopelessness, loneliness and helplessness.

It's eleven years, and my life and I am much different. But I will never forget how it felt to live that day.

I don't think any of us will forget that day. Even for us non Americans, if you ask someone Where were you... they know.

I was still a kid, 12 years old, just started highschool. I was fishing that day, with my mate that I have lost contact with years ago. BUt we used to fish a lot. When we got home, that's where I can still SEE the exact story unfold before my eyes. I had to ring the bell cause I forgot the key, my dad opened the door with horror in his eyes. I remember his exact words. "Get in here, a plane has just crashed in New York into the Twin Towers".

Yeah. One plane.

The moment I got in the living room and set my eyes on the tv I saw the second one crash into the towers live.

I'll never forget that moment. Even though I was a kid, the impact was huge. I still get goosebumps just from typing this.

I was 16.

I still can't watch documentaries about that day. It makes me start crying. I rmember my mom waking me up saying, "A plane just crashed into one of the towers in New York." I remember watching the second crash into the other tower. I remember watching things fall from the towers, and then the news anchor saying, "Oh my god, people are jumping."

Most of all, I remember praying that my dad would be ok. He was in Egypt on a training exercise at the time.

:sad:

I was in my last year of university, living in a crummy apartment off campus with two of my best friends. They were both gone that morning, which is really strange, since it was super early here on the west coast. I got a phone call from the fiance of one of my roomies, and he was freaking out, saying something about WW3, but I couldn't understand, because the phone had woken me up and I wasn't coherent. We didn't have a TV then, so I turned on the radio to a news station, and it took forever for me to figure out what the hell was going on.

My parents were supposed to fly home that day from vacation, so I called their office in a panic, and the receptionist reassured me that my parents had just called her to let her know they were okay. I think that the second plane hadn't hit at this point, so I remember calling her several times throughout the day, but of course my parents couldn't call to give an update until the late evening, because all the phone lines were jammed.

I jumped on a local bus and got to school so that I could watch TV with some of my other friends, as they had TV's in their dorm rooms. I remember riding on the bus and I was sobbing, but nobody else had any clue of what was going on yet, so I was getting strange looks. I don't think I'll ever forget that day. It was so perfect and hot and sunny, and I was so mad that it was such a gorgeous day here, and it was unfair because people were dying and in crisis.

:hug: So weird how that day affected everyone everywhere in almost the same way, no matter where you lived.

I was home with my kids and my dad called me in the morning and said to turn on TV. We saw the 2nd plane hit live too and when the Towers came down it was just totally surreal. My kids and I just sat there in the living room all day staring at the TV. Charlie had gone fishing that day by himself and back then he didn't have a cel so I was going nuts not being able to reach him. Since he was isolated from any other people all day he hadn't a clue what happened until he walked through our door that late afternoon. He was like WHAT are you talking about?! when I was trying to tell him about the day he'd missed, until he got caught up on the whole thing on TV.

We didn't lose anyone that day personally in our lives, but oddly enough it felt like we did, and still does to this day. :(

Strange coincidence. In The Hague today, a tram crash happened. Which lines crashed? a 9 crashed into an 11.

Holy crap, that's freaky. I too hope nobody was hurt.

Like Tara, I was 16 at the time, too, would've been 17 the following month. I remember being in my math class early, hanging out, listening to my teacher play some tunes, might've been catching up on some schoolwork, I don't know.

I remember kids started coming into the classroom, and they were talking about a plane hitting the World Trade Center. That caught my attention because, first off, obviously surprising, second, I'd been to New York City earlier that year, and I remembered thinking, "World Trade Center...oh, wow, that's in New York! I saw those buildings! That's freaky, I hope people got out okay." I thought it was a freak plane accident.

Then I started hearing more kids come in and mention a second plane hitting. Well, obviously, then I knew this couldn't be an accident. But honestly, the words "terrorist attack" never entered my mind. I didn't know what was going on, but for some reason my mind did not immediately jump to an actual attack.

At 9 am, the principal or somebody like that came on the intercom, and she said, "Well, I guess you've all heard what's happened." And I was sitting there thinking, "No, what? What exactly is going on?" She told all the teachers to turn on their radios or TVs, and my teacher turned on his radio, and that's when I finally heard exactly what was happening. I heard the words "terrorist attack" and actually looked up and over at the radio like, "WHAT?"

It wasn't until I went to my next class, my drama one, that I finally saw footage of what was going on, 'cause my teacher had the TV on in there. And that's pretty much how I spent the rest of the day, just sitting there in various classes and watching the whole thing unfold. I saw the footage being replayed of the planes hitting the towers (chilling. Just downright chilling. I can't even imagine...), and I saw the towers collapse, and I was just in a totally stunned daze.

Then in my gym class, we'd appropriately already had a walk planned for the period, where we'd travel through a wooded area near our school and have it be quiet and reflective. I remember walking and looking at the sky and seeing how beautifully blue it was, seeing how gorgeous the weather was and thinking, "This isn't right, shouldn't there be dark clouds coming in and the ground opening up or something?" Then during our walk a person saw us passing and stepped out on her porch to inform us that the president had been sent to Omaha's base for protection. And given that I was living just a few hours' drive away from Omaha at the time, and remembering my dad telling me about how important that place is during extreme national emergencies and stuff, that is when I finally got genuinely scared. I didn't know what would happen next now that he was doing that, and I couldn't wait to get home.

Then I remember spending most of the next week watching footage on TV of the aftermath and crying my eyes out a lot at the stories and everything. I was very fortunate to not lose anyone personally, but my heart broke for those who did, I heard stories of people waiting in lines for hours to hear word on their loved ones, and I heard stories about people being pulled from the rubble, and I heard of the sacrifices made (the people of Flight 93 never cease to amaze me with their heroism. That story is one of the most incredible things I've ever heard in my life), and it was overwhelming to imagine all that happening. And then that fall, we got our yearbooks for the 2000 to 2001 school year, and we had pictures from our New York trip in there, and the towers were everywhere, and it sent a chill down my spine.

In some ways it's weird to think it's been eleven years already, it alternately feels longer than that or shorter than that. My heart and condolances go out to everyone who was personally affected, and my thoughts are with everybody today :hug:. I hope we continue to try and take positive lessons from such a tragedy and work hard to keep this from ever happening again.

I used to work for a TJ Maxx store. I started there in college and ended up working there for 6 years. I was helping out with the morning truck when a coworker, who started later than the rest of us, came in screaming about what she just saw on the TV in the break room. Later on, we found out that some of the executives of our company were on one of the planes. TJ Maxx is based in Framingham, MA so I remember one of the managers instantly saying that he hopes no one from the company was on one of the planes. I couldn't believe with everything going on in all of our minds that he would put it together so quickly that someone from corporate could be on a plane. But then we got a call that afternoon saying that all stores were to close immediately so everyone could go home to be with their families because our "family" lost members. That's really all I remember of that day. Sept 12 was my grandma's birthday so I have very vivid memories of going to her house that day and baking with her while we watched Tom Brokaw all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom