PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oookay facebook is creeping me out right now.

It has just added Eve Hewson to the friend search thingy.. How on earth...?

Oookay facebook is creeping me out right now.

It has just added Eve Hewson to the friend search thingy.. How on earth...?

That must be the 'Eve Hewson' who posts magazine photos of her parents as her own. I might be an obsessive person when it comes my interests. But I'm not that cray-cray.

I'm not hardcore either (mostly a fan of The Resistance and thats about it), but I LIKE THIS. I LIKE THIS SO MUCH. :up:

Also, on the subject of books...I finally read the Hunger Games series (meh. still an HP girl at heart :reject: )

Cool :up: :).

As for 'Hunger Games', hey, at least you gave them a shot. I've still yet to read them-found out a friend of mine likes them, so I suspect she'll probably be loaning me one to read down the line.

I'm currently re-reading HP for this mass re-read going on in an LJ comm, and also s-l-o-w-l-y reading Our Endangered Values by former Pres. Jimmy Carter. I bought it at a library book sale so I figure if I dont like it, I can donate it lol.

And speaking of library booksales, the library closest to me is having their annual one this weekend and Monday is $2/bag day. I'm hoping to score a ton of bargains lol.

Great idea.

Library booksales :drool:. It's been ages since I've been to one, I should keep tabs and see if our library will do one of those anytime down the line. I'd love to poke around there and see what they've got. That's not a bad deal for books, hope you can find some cool stuff when you go!

Looks like an editor from NME has discovered the dark underworld of U2 slash ff.

LOL, oh, dear, really? How'd you come across that piece of news?

That must be the 'Eve Hewson' who posts magazine photos of her parents as her own. I might be an obsessive person when it comes my interests. But I'm not that cray-cray.

Agreed, yeah, people who do that...that is beyond creepy. That's getting into, "Okay, now police and whatnot may have to start keeping tabs on you 'cause you're :coocoo:" territory.

Also, to Thora and arw regarding recent hectic, crazy stuff...*Sends big :hug:s*.

Thanks, all. :hug: I feel MUCH better today. I had a shower after I posted, then had a half hour nap on the couch before my mom arrived last night. I was basically back to normal after that. :up:

I had SUCH a great time with my mom. :heart: We did a bit of shopping, then had sushi and wine for a late dinner. Slept in this morning, then ate a crazy amount of food at the food & wine festival this afternoon. :love: Now I'm going to turn on the TV and just relax for the rest of the night. :love: Despite the disgusting-ness of getting sick yesterday, it really was a wonderful weekend.

Thanks, all. :hug: I feel MUCH better today. I had a shower after I posted, then had a half hour nap on the couch before my mom arrived last night. I was basically back to normal after that. :up:

I had SUCH a great time with my mom. :heart: We did a bit of shopping, then had sushi and wine for a late dinner. Slept in this morning, then ate a crazy amount of food at the food & wine festival this afternoon. :love: Now I'm going to turn on the TV and just relax for the rest of the night. :love: Despite the disgusting-ness of getting sick yesterday, it really was a wonderful weekend.

sounds like a great weekend. I love food and wine festivals! :drool: I always seem to miss those events here for one reason or another lately.

sounds like a great weekend. I love food and wine festivals! :drool: I always seem to miss those events here for one reason or another lately.

Me too! :drool: There are a shit-ton of them in the month of September. I'm going to do my best to get to all of them (and then write about them on my website), but since there are 3 next weekend alone, I really don't know if I can manage that, PLUS working for a few hours as well. :lol: :crack:

I'm almost finished editing the pictures I took. And now I'm hungry again. :lol:

Congratulations on 25 years, comet--that is wonderful!

Yes, they do have fountain show views. I was lucky enough to stay there a few years ago when my niece Jenn (who is a conference coordinator for the Swan and Dolphin hotels at Disney World) got rooms there at a reduced rate through her connections in "the hospitality industry", the only reason I ever got to stay there. Jenn and I decided we'd leave the big curtains open, with just the sheers closed (we were on the like the 19th floor), while we slept. But the lights were so bright we had to close the curtains. :lol:

I have also stayed at Excalibur, which is not as price-y and pretty nice--at least it was when MrPurrl and I stayed there are few years ago. We also stayed at one of the older hotels, The Gold Coast, about a mile west of the Strip, next to Rio (home of a really amazing seafood buffet). There was a shuttle to the strip like every 20 minutes, so that was good for us, too.

Thank you! :)
RIO is cool too. I haven't been there for a few years though but it's fun. Same with Excalibur but it's been a real long times since I've been there. We saw the jousting show waaaaay long time ago. With the medieval dinner you eat with your hands, LOL. We wanted to stay somewhere on the strip so Flamingo was the best deal right now.

Also, on the subject of books...I finally read the Hunger Games series (meh. still an HP girl at heart :reject: )

I'm currently re-reading HP for this mass re-read going on in an LJ comm, and also s-l-o-w-l-y reading Our Endangered Values by former Pres. Jimmy Carter. I bought it at a library book sale so I figure if I dont like it, I can donate it lol.

And speaking of library booksales, the library closest to me is having their annual one this weekend and Monday is $2/bag day. I'm hoping to score a ton of bargains lol.

Yeah my kids were a little meh on the Hunger Games books too, that's why they thought the movie was actually much better than the books. that's a little rare!

I just finished the Stephen King book I was reading so it's on to book 5 in that series, but I also have a few comics I've been meaning to get to too, and I went to a comic store today and bought a few more. They were from the $1 rack so I couldn't resist a few.

Just finished a yum Chinese dinner. :drool:

When I was in Vegas for Clawfest I stayed at the Riviera - nice hotel, decent price, my only complaint that it was so far down from where everything was going on (it's at the north end of the Strip). Next time I go I'd stay somewhere a bit more central to the action :)

Thank you! :)
RIO is cool too. I haven't been there for a few years though but it's fun. Same with Excalibur but it's been a real long times since I've been there. We saw the jousting show waaaaay long time ago. With the medieval dinner you eat with your hands, LOL. We wanted to stay somewhere on the strip so Flamingo was the best deal right now.

I don't know where my brain was when I mentioned Excalibur--it was Luxor we stayed at. :reject: You know what "they" say--There are two signs of getting old: the first one is you lose your memory. I can't remember what the other one was! :lol:

I would stay at the Flamingo! That's where the big foosball tournament was last spring that we didn't go to.

Hmm, I didn't actually check it. It was just weird. Even if my interest is U2 or Bono, how does facebook link it to someone named Eve Hewson. Then again, if it's some crazy obsessed fan, she might have posted shit tons of U2 stuff on there.

I think 'she' does have a bunch U2 stuff. And if one of your U2 friends are friends with her. It's pretty interesting how people fall for that. As far as I know, none of the Hewsons have a Twitter account anymore. Didn't Eve delete hers?

Whoah! Those Edge pics Comet posted in News thread!:faint: I first thought they were from 2006 or something.

Whoah! Those Edge pics Comet posted in News thread!:faint: I first thought they were from 2006 or something.

same! I saw one on FB where the person said it was a new pic of Edge from last night. I thought "that's an OLD picture" until I went searching myself and found some more.

I hoped he was in NYC for something picture worthy since there was a visit to Spiderman rumors the other day. :drool: So happy to see new pics of our handsome guitarist. :)

same! I saw one on FB where the person said it was a new pic of Edge from last night. I thought "that's an OLD picture" until I went searching myself and found some more.

I hoped he was in NYC for something picture worthy since there was a visit to Spiderman rumors the other day. :drool: So happy to see new pics of our handsome guitarist. :)

He goes to that event every year I think. I remember photos of it last year, yet he looks the same.

yes he goes every year. Last year he also wore an adorable golf outfit the next day so maybe he's golfing again today with Mario :)

Or maybe another sport, something to cool down maybe, like water polo... :hmm: Hey the Edge girls can dream, right? :sexywink:

I think it's sad that the highlight of my day is that I finally scored over 300,000 on FB Bejeweled. :reject: Sadly the only person I beat was my old score since the next person on my list has 500,000.

By the way, this is some epic hair right here.....and I don't mean you, Bono....

tumblr_ma4s1pwV6C1qeoueko1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom