PGP - October and it's not just the trees that are stripped bare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pic, comet! :wink:

I admire all those of you who are doing multiple shows in a row. I don't think I'd have the stamina to be able to do that. I'm an old lady and need my sleep too damn much. :giggle:

I don't sleep at home, so I might as well not sleep on the road I guess! It does all catch up to me after awhile though and then I crash bigtime.

Um, yeah, I would say that's definitely commando. :ohmy: :lol:

True...it would be very convenient to be right downtown. I really wanted to do the train so I could enjoy the views and relax for a while!

Yeah, I find trains relaxing, and I hate flying, so it's a no-brainer for me. :wink:

I was looking for an exterior shot of the hotel for you, to show you where the GA line is. The walk from the front door of the hotel to GA is literally seconds. :lol: It was awesome...

Nice pic, comet! :wink:

I admire all those of you who are doing multiple shows in a row. I don't think I'd have the stamina to be able to do that. I'm an old lady and need my sleep too damn much. :giggle:

When you have that many people, there are bound to be some who will be too tired, or not feel like lining up on any given day. So, you go late and hang by the soundboard. :)

With Bono and the boys around, I'll sleep when I am dead....

or when I pass out from exhaustion!:wink:

With Bono and the boys around, I'll sleep when I am dead....

or when I pass out from exhaustion!:wink:

Ha! I *always* have trouble sleeping, even at home, and it's really hard to sleep in strange places or while travelling, for me.

Last tour was like nearly a week of constant activity in TO, then the day after the 4th show, we came home (GoTrain to Burlington, then got a ride from there), did some laundry, repacked, and then left again that night just before midnight, drove to Port Huron, MI, and got on the 5 am train for Chicago. That was a 6 hr train ride. We got on it, I must have crashed immediately, I think once on the way there I opened my eyes for 2 seconds and asked Sarah what time it was, and then went right back to sleep till we pulled into Chicago. :lol: I NEVER do that. I had to have been severely exhausted, nearly comatose to do that. Then the next day, I slept for a few hrs in GA.

Night Thora! :hug:

I'm pretty good at functioning on little/no sleep as long as there is coffee around! I'm actually surprised that I tend to wake up feeling better after 3 hours of sleep after a boozy night out than I do on a normal day. :lol: I think music & fun nourish me more than sleep and food!

i am so-so at that........
sometimes i can do the 48 hrs pretty well and then i have have some sleep the 2nd night.

WIth me most of my staying up when i've had to stay up because of various medical crisises involvong my mom, or my dad throughout most of my life ( going on for days, sometimes weeks, and thre one time my mom was in the hospital for 2 - 2 1/2 months.......i've managed more or less ( cleaning usually takes the first hit) ....... sort of OK, sometimes not so ok.
But that's always involved unhappy, scarey stuff.

It's been a long, long while since I had a string of out all days into much of the nights expereince, so i don't know what that even would quite be like anymore.

The closest I had in reccent times was being out making computer art thern running up to Letterman's for NLOTH to catch the guys either going into the thearter or leaving or both. Or going back to art makling and then come back again later.:lol:

ANd i had the extra stress of the nasty roomate, and the really cold weather/snow that wouldn't melt :grumpy: much of that week. ANd that side of the street was mostly in the shadow.

it was :hyper: great/awesome despite the bitching about the cold & snow!
I could not do the 2nd night because it was even colder and windier the an the first one and my extra socks weren't enough with the unisulated rubber boots I had then. and that was tyhe nioght they came out and stayed out the longest eith the fans.

Please tell me there's still a chance I could get a ticket for the U2 show in Minneapolis next year? 'Cause if there is, I'm so going to get one when I start getting paid. I'd love to meet up with any of you who are going to be at that show :)!

:wave: to fellow "U2 virgins" out there :hug:.

Angela

Please tell me there's still a chance I could get a ticket for the U2 show in Minneapolis next year? 'Cause if there is, I'm so going to get one when I start getting paid. I'd love to meet up with any of you who are going to be at that show :)!

Angela

aaawwwww :hug: angela :hug:

I think there's good chance. Once you get the $ you have keep an eye on Ticketmaster to see when they'll drop tix.

you should register your credit card if you have one ahead of time so you'll be ready. If you don't have one, try to get a friend or helpful family member that has immediate acess to the internet so if you see stuff you can get in touch with them right away to grab you a tix!:D

Angela

I think that if you posted in the ticket traders thread, you might get a ticket, because some are dropping Minni and adding Pittsburg. I will be there, so if you do come, meeting up would be awesome. There is a decent size group of Interferencers going!:hyper:

Thanks for the great advice, guys, I'll certainly keep all this in mind :up:. I'll keep an eye on that thread. We'll see what happens-here's hoping it pays off.

aaawwwww :hug: angela :hug:

:) :hug:

I will be there, so if you do come, meeting up would be awesome. There is a decent size group of Interferencers going!:hyper:

So I noticed when skimming back through the thread :D! That's great, though, to know that so many people will be in the area, it'll be one big party. If it works out and I do go, I look forward to meeting you guys. It'd be nice to have people to hang out with who are just as enthusastic as I am.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom