PGP: More U2 in our beds, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dazzled, we're finally on at the same time! :hug:

:ohmy: VP :hyper::hug:

The Who kicks Zep's ass, btw. :shifty: : wink:

BLaaahahahahahaaaa! :up:
You know it, baby! ; )
And while Roge was certainly not clasically good looking but sooo hot back in the day--
once he rocked those Tommy Curls!!! omg!!! :drool:
Red HOT Memories! :D

:shifty:

:uhoh::ohmy: I feel a Swoon coming on! :lmao:

Them's fightin' words.

:shifty: Not. :D

Ha!

I actually went through a huge Zep phase and bought their entire catalogue. They bored me really fast, though. Blues-based rock tends to do that to me. I keep going back to The Who though, I saw them (well, half of them) live a few years ago, and it was amazing. :drool:

Btw, every time I hear Bryan Adams on the radio now, I think of you and wonder if you would be such a fan if you had to live with Can-Con (a law here that radio has to play a specific amount of Canadian artists - resulting in some of them, including Bryan Adams, being VERY overplayed) for a couple of decades. :lol: Bryan makes me a little stabby, sometimes. :shifty:

Wow, we were like mid-70s today and are supposed to hit the 80s before the week is over. Normally I'd be pleased, but it feels too hot!

WHile I love a bit of this--- too much makes me nervous for the summer!!! :uhoh: think I heard we might get close to 80 ourselves but probably more inland.

well back in around 88, 89 or so we had a 80F day around March 17th so not so totally rare!

had some posts back... so glad you had a good B-D time with Sarah despite not feeling so gud. :hug:

Aw, thanks! We had a good weekend, but way too short. I have a couple of days saved up thanks to all the overtime I've worked. I would have loved to have taken one this past weekend, but couldn't because the department was short-handed. I was thinking of taking one Easter weekend for an extra long weekend, but because of her exam schedule, Sarah won't be able to come home that weekend, anyway. :( So, I'm thinking of taking this Friday off. I need to catch up on life stuff, and I'm getting increasingly grumpy at work, so it's time.

:ohmy: VP :hyper::hug:

BLaaahahahahahaaaa! :up:
You know it, baby! ; )
And while Roge was certainly not clasically good looking but sooo hot back in the day--
once he rocked those Tommy Curls!!! omg!!! :drool:
Red HOT Memories! :D

:shifty:

:uhoh::ohmy: I feel a Swoon coming on! :lmao:

I actually downloaded a show from the 70s a few weeks ago and watched it, and that was my first exposure to Keith Moon...he was actually kind of hot, looked sort of like a Gallagher brother. :lol:

I have a soft spot for Townshend, though.

Aw, thanks! We had a good weekend, but way too short. I have a couple of days saved up thanks to all the overtime I've worked. I would have loved to have taken one this past weekend, but couldn't because the department was short-handed. I was thinking of taking one Easter weekend for an extra long weekend, but because of her exam schedule, Sarah won't be able to come home that weekend, anyway. :( So, I'm thinking of taking this Friday off. I need to catch up on life stuff, and I'm getting increasingly grumpy at work, so it's time.

yeah I caught you going your (then) current options....

yes... I do think a Mental Health Day is in order for you!

:shifty::shifty:
shall we send Dr Bono in for a further exaimination? :wink:

Ha!

I actually went through a huge Zep phase and bought their entire catalogue. They bored me really fast, though. Blues-based rock tends to do that to me. I keep going back to The Who though, I saw them (well, half of them) live a few years ago, and it was amazing. :drool:

Btw, every time I hear Bryan Adams on the radio now, I think of you and wonder if you would be such a fan if you had to live with Can-Con (a law here that radio has to play a specific amount of Canadian artists - resulting in some of them, including Bryan Adams, being VERY overplayed) for a couple of decades. :lol: Bryan makes me a little stabby, sometimes. :shifty:

Blues-based rock does that to some people.... it's actually starting to bore me lately too. :lol:

As long as they didn't play the same three songs and mixed it up a little, I think I'd be ok. Here, the only songs the radio stations play are Heaven, Run To You, and Summer of '69.

Occasionally I'm lucky enough to hear either All For Love (Sting and Bryan Adams :drool:) or (Everything I Do) I Do It For You... but for the most part, the only time I hear his other songs is when I'm listening to my iPod. :lol:

No worries Dazz. I love city living. I tried country living for 5 and a half years, and I nearly went insane..... well, the bad kind of insane, anway. :shifty:

wow.... :ohmy: :hug:

I go to the parks, gardens

the Hudson River and Palisades -we can seeing over looking from Ft Tryon park
Central Park, Prospect park, Riverside park ( above and below/by the West side highway..
NAtional Gateway park and the big parks on Queens
the NY(Bronx) & Brooklyn Botanical Gardens

we have a fare amount of nature.

Blues-based rock does that to some people.... it's actually starting to bore me lately too. :lol:

As long as they didn't play the same three songs and mixed it up a little, I think I'd be ok. Here, the only songs the radio stations play are Heaven, Run To You, and Summer of '69.

Occasionally I'm lucky enough to hear either All For Love (Sting and Bryan Adams :drool:) or (Everything I Do) I Do It For You... but for the most part, the only time I hear his other songs is when I'm listening to my iPod. :lol:

They play the shit out of Everything I Do here, too. :( And pretty much all the hits, I think.

I personally think I like Led Zeppelin a bit more than the Who, myself, but eh, both bands have made some fantastic music, I think.

But hey, to each their own :)!

Tara, about radio airplay of songs-ohhhhh, I know that feeling. I get a weird sort of "Eeeeei!" reaction when the radio plays a song I DON'T hear very often from my favorite artists. Sure, if I want to hear those songs I can always go home and play them myself, but it's just particularly special and cool when lesser-known songs by artists you like pop up on the radio, isn't it :wink:?

yeah, small towns have found out they aren't immune to those kinds of trouble.

My mom's sister would sometimes say they missed living in the city. They live in a ? medium size Town about 30 mins away from NYC.

Oh, yeah? Neat. Yeah, that setup would be all right for me, I can do a 30 minute drive (it'd be a pain if I had to drive that distance for work purposes, perhaps, but that aside, that's close enough but still a bit quieter).

I'd love to live near New York City, 'cause that city is awesome and I'd happily visit it again. But I think it's one of those cities that in order to actually livethere, it generally helps if you were born and raised there. I'm just afraid it'd take a while for me to get used to everything or find my way around without the aid of a school guide or something, LOL.

someone you haven't dated and not really had from the woman's part any sexual convos - a bit much! esp after all GG said.

As for being blunt from a bf or hubby-- it would depend...
sometimes I like that bluntness! :lol:

Exactly. It's too much too soon.

Bluntness can be fine on occasion, yes. Some guys can be direct in sexy conversation and make it sound hot and sexy. But I guess I just tend to like a bit more subtlety, apparently :p.

OH i forgot>>>>

One can nevah have too many hot men! :hyper::drool::hyper: :lol::wink:

Amen to that :yes: :up:!

*Imagines herself being surrounded by all her crushes at once* Ohhhhhh, yeah...:drool:.

I think my issue with Zeppelin is that they are very...samey. Bands who hold my attention long term are ones who mess around with tempo, genre, styles (oh hai there U2! :wave: )...saminess bores me long term. The Who does this much more than Zeppelin, IMO. Daltrey does have a distinctive voice (Bono's is more chameleon-like, IMO, depending on the era or what he's trying to emote), but overall, for mixing it up, The Who are FAR superior to Zeppelin, and thus my favourite.

wow.... :ohmy: :hug :

I go to the parks, gardens

the Hudson River and Palisades -we can seeing over looking from Ft Tryon park
Central Park, Prospect park, Riverside park ( above and below/by the West side highway..
NAtional Gateway park and the big parks on Queens
the NY(Bronx) & Brooklyn Botanical Gardens

we have a fare amount of nature.
All the more reason I need to go to New York. :D

They play the shit out of Everything I Do here, too. :( And pretty much all the hits, I think.
Wow.... ok, I need to go to Canada too.

And, not just 'cause of Bryan Adams. :shifty:

I personally think I like Led Zeppelin a bit more than the Who, myself, but eh, both bands have made some fantastic music, I think.

But hey, to each their own : )!
:up:

Tara, about radio airplay of songs-ohhhhh, I know that feeling. I get a weird sort of "Eeeeei!" reaction when the radio plays a song I DON'T hear very often from my favorite artists. Sure, if I want to hear those songs I can always go home and play them myself, but it's just particularly special and cool when lesser-known songs by artists you like pop up on the radio, isn't it :wink:?
Exactly! I get all hyper and stuff when I hear those songs....

*Imagines herself being surrounded by all her crushes at once* Ohhhhhh, yeah...:drool:.
:combust:

: p
Nyah, nyah......

not :hug:sssss
:hug:

I think my issue with Zeppelin is that they are very...samey. Bands who hold my attention long term are ones who mess around with tempo, genre, styles (oh hai there U2! :wave: )...saminess bores me long term. The Who does this much more than Zeppelin, IMO. Daltrey does have a distinctive voice (Bono's is more chameleon-like, IMO, depending on the era or what he's trying to emote), but overall, for mixing it up, The Who are FAR superior to Zeppelin, and thus my favourite.
I'd have to agree with you there. A lot of their songs do tend to sound the same.....

And, U2 = chameleons of rock. :shifty:

Yea, Friday was her last chemo.

She has, in her words "the chemo punies." She feels sore (body aches are a side effect of the second chemo treatment), and kinda nauseaous, but other than that she's doing great.

I'm alright. :shrug: Same as always, I guess. Thanks for asking. :)

I can understand that critque about Zeppelin. Fair point indeed. Especially given that often I tend to forget which songs go with whichever titles I see. Some songs, like "Stairway To Heaven" or "D'Yer Maker" (my favorite Zeppelin song, btw) or "Rock & Roll", that's not a problem. But then there's others where I see the title and I try to remember what that song sounds like. Then when I hear it I go, "Ohhhhhh, yeah, THAT one." The Who I don't have that problem with.

Bye to Dazz :wave:!! Good to be able to actually chat with you for a few moments!

Yea, Friday was her last chemo.

She has, in her words "the chemo punies." She feels sore (body aches are a side effect of the second chemo treatment), and kinda nauseaous, but other than that she's doing great.

I'm alright. :shrug: Same as always, I guess. Thanks for asking. :)

So glad you're finally done. :hug: Keep us posted.

I can understand that critque about Zeppelin. Fair point indeed. Especially given that often I tend to forget which songs go with whichever titles I see. Some songs, like "Stairway To Heaven" or "D'Yer Maker" (my favorite Zeppelin song, btw) or "Rock & Roll", that's not a problem. But then there's others where I see the title and I try to remember what that song sounds like. Then when I hear it I go, "Ohhhhhh, yeah, THAT one." The Who I don't have that problem with.

Bye to Dazz :wave:!! Good to be able to actually chat with you for a few moments!

Yeah, the saminess factor is a huge thing for me. Others, it probably doesn't matter as much. :)

Fun Who fact - Ringo Starr's son Zak Starkey has drummed for them for the past several tours, and he's amazing. He has been invited to be a full member of the group, but has declined, so far. He played when I saw them. He also played for Oasis, among many other bands.

OOOOH, cool :hyper:! That sounds like fun!

Fun Who fact - Ringo Starr's son Zak Starkey has drummed for them for the past several tours, and he's amazing. He has been invited to be a full member of the group, but has declined, so far. He played when I saw them. He also played for Oasis, among many other bands.

Oh, really? I didn't know that! That's neat.

(Given how huge of Beatles fans the Oasis guys are, I imagine that must've been a dream come true, the son of Ringo sitting in with them.)

The Who kicks Zep's ass, btw. :shifty: :wink:

hmm.... Isn't that the age old argument, second only to the Beatles/Stones one?

re: Bono's voice, I forget which song we were listening to (I'd kill to remember) but Mr.Z and I were in the car once and he says "How the hell does he do that?" I said "What?" Mr.Z says "Sound like he's whispering right in your ear!" :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom