PGP: Letting Our Freak Flags Fly... Again... Still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect, if I'm tired enough to be noticing Larry's scars and going into in depth research on them, I should go to bed.. it means my inner Edge is clearly still awake but the rest of me is beyond bed time...

Comet - there's no evidence of it until Pop, so sometime between the Zoo tour ending and Pop starting would be my guess :)

Ah thanks :) So, does he have it in all the POP pics then? :hmm:

Here's that closeup, not very good quality I'm afraid.

larrytattoocloseup.jpg

Do you remember that pic of them backstage on the Joshua Tree tour and there's a picture in the room that looks like his tattoo? I wonder if they are related. I should dig up that pic and see if we can figure it out.

UPDATE 1
as of last nite cultures still not back
then my sis got a later call from the doctorshe was tryin to get in touch with.

NEW problems lower potasium level too

they think he is not getting enough nuitrition or water ( thus the high sddium due to not enough water) :|:|

they can put a (nutrittion) port ( considered non-ivasive) but they don't know whether the Nursing hHome would do do the maitanence.

we made need some one to do it but medicaid may only pay it for so long.

My sis & I just don't have the energy to go there and feed him everyday.,
Someone I spoke to today said most faimilies can't do this.

I have to call her now and she what's up.

I'm always happy to post Larry pictures! :love:

Btw, question for you zu. When did you mail the necklace to me? I think it must have been at the beginning of the month, correct?

OMG - his eyes in that pic :drool:

I was thinking the same thing Drea.. maybe Sunday night

The first one is actually a pic I've never seen before :shocked:

And the 2nd one? Um, yesplz, kthx.

The eyes in that first one, dreamy... :drool:

And that denim pic I just found recently! There were actually pics of all the guys. They belong to someone but I don't know who so I usually don't post fan photos over in the regular part of the forum if I don't know who they belong to, but I thought in here maybe it would be ok. :shifty:
Lemme get the other pics... :hmm:

Bono

Bonoelevationfanphoto3.jpg

Bonoelevationfanphoto2.jpg

Bonoelevationfanphoto1.jpg

this pic makes me go :cute: and :combust: at the same time.

Unfortunately they didn't have a closeup of Edge :( but lemme see what there was... hang on.

Why PGP is better than real life. As soon as I heard about my grant phail, I texted my BFF and Mr.Z. My BFF was all "oh shit. That sucks" and then minutes later she posts a pic of the treadmill readout after her workout, showing me how f-ing fast she is (way faster than I am). Thanks. And Mr.Z? Well, nothing. And I've been home for an hour. nothing. I know what he would say: "I didn't know what to say and I didn't want to say the wrong thing" but sheesh, you could think of SOMETHING, couldn't you?

Whateves. I'm going to bed. As a famous lady once said, Fiddle-dee-dee.

:( :( :(
aaaawwww damn, zu! I'm so sorry!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

ok you know I'm a bit unfocused tonight.....so
i'm not clear on this...

are you going to try that other option OR,
is that just too expensive period, or some how not doable
because of reasons A, B /or C...... :huh: (sorry)

UPDATE 2
:|:( :| :( :|

Well, it's not good news, it's not the immediately worst news yet...but sooner or later

did I mention he has a DNR (do not resusitate)

the intravenous feeding tube is called a "peg" (not a port), my sis read more about it, and felt it would be too painful/uncomfortable for him.

Then the ?Nursing Home doctor told my sis told her that it would be a moot point because for some mysterious reason while when this is used for cancer patients who can not be feed other-wise it works, but for people with (?later stage) dementia it doesn't. No idea why.

His sodium levels are down from 170 to 150. When it gets down to 145 (it should be around 140 - 135), the nursing home doctor wants him coming back.

He never had an infection (the cultures came back). His kidneys had been fine in Nov, so why they suddenly seemed to be a problem.....

The doctor also told her that in late state dementia the person either dies of infection or the organ systems begain to not work.

IF he wakes up again enough to be fed and drink water back at the NH that might OK for a while -only it he eats and drinks enough (which is questioanble because he refuses to a fair amoint)....and it's possible that some of his systems are beginning to not work so well....so that he'll be malnourshed again, and that will create more problems which X one could kill him.
Once he comes home to the NH, he will not ber sent to the hospital again, this is it.

Whether it takes more time, or shorter as in if he does not become awake enough to be able to be fed...it'll be a matter of days, a week ?

If hecan't be fed he'll be switched to Comfort Care to make him as comfortable as possible, and then switch to Hospice Care (hospice people will come in) for the very last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom