PGP..In and out...in and out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah! So you can like being up either morning or night, Wild or both esp. if Bono was with you?! :sexywink: :evil:

SG! :wink: I read your cap from earlier on and :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust:

VintagePunk said:

Being from where you are, do you find that road crews make the roads safe relatively quickly? They seem to here.

:lmao: That's a good one!

Oh, you were serious?! :uhoh:

Well, they work very hard to keep up with it, but when it's like this, pretty much non-stop, it's pretty impossible to keep up with. Especially when you consider the cost and realize Michigan is in a world of debt; and I live in one of the two poorest counties in the state (the other one is only a few miles from where I live)

:shrug: You get used to it, after the first few weeks, but it never stops being a pain.

They keep the roads clear and relatively safe when it isn't actively snowing, or heavily snowing. I don't want to complain about the DOT too much, because I know how terribly hard the drivers really do work. They only have so many trucks/equipment and a lot of miles of road to cover.

Fly, That's great! :hug:

I never doubted that you would be able to get a handle on taking care of patients, even in a tough department like you're in at the moment. You have the right stuff to be a caregiver.

It feels good, these little victories, doesn't it? :heart:

Sad_Girl said:

:lmao: That's a good one!

Oh, you were serious?! :uhoh:

Well, they work very hard to keep up with it, but when it's like this, pretty much non-stop, it's pretty impossible to keep up with. Especially when you consider the cost and realize Michigan is in a world of debt; and I live in one of the two poorest counties in the state (the other one is only a few miles from where I live)

:shrug: You get used to it, after the first few weeks, but it never stops being a pain.

They keep the roads clear and relatively safe when it isn't actively snowing, or heavily snowing. I don't want to complain about the DOT too much, because I know how terribly hard the drivers really do work. They only have so many trucks/equipment and a lot of miles of road to cover.

Oh, that's too bad. :(

I didn't mean that they're perfect here, but they're pretty good. And like you said, here when it's snowing heavily, they can only do so much, and sometimes it gets bad enough that even plows are pulled off the road till it's over.

Hi Jem :wave: :hug:

I was going to say the same thing as you Wild about the snow: that it's lovely when it's freshly fallen but if it gets slushy or icy it's :no: :scream:

VintagePunk said:

Oh, that's too bad. :(

I didn't mean that they're perfect here, but they're pretty good. And like you said, here when it's snowing heavily, they can only do so much, and sometimes it gets bad enough that even plows are pulled off the road till it's over.

Yeah. And the plows themselves present a danger to other pedestrians and vehicles on the road. There was a man hit and killed by one just last year. I felt so bad not only for the man's family but for that poor snow plow driver.

:sigh:

Damn, I'm a ray of sunshine tonight, aren't I? :laugh:

Good afternoon girls! :dance: :wave:

I just got a call from Mr. Cat and he sold a car today!!! This means that I don't have to worry so much about our mortgage next month, its covered! Woohoo! I'm so relieved I feel like crying. :hyper: :faint:

He called up and asked me if I wanted to go to Hatchcover tonight which is this really expensive resturant here in town and it took me a minute to realize that meant he sold the car. Cuz as of this morning we had like $2 in the bank. :lol:

SG I'm glad everyone is safe! :hug: Snow really is a pain in the ass! :madspit:

Sad_Girl said:
Fly, That's great! :hug:

I never doubted that you would be able to get a handle on taking care of patients, even in a tough department like you're in at the moment. You have the right stuff to be a caregiver.

It feels good, these little victories, doesn't it? :heart:

Thanks SG! :hug: It does feel nice cause yesterday I figured I'd get nowhere with her. My other goal was to get her to talk about her overdose on the weekend which she did open up about. She took between 80-100 tylenols :|

FlyYourKite said:

Psychiatric. Long history of eating disorders...and her potassium was freakishly low so she was put on supplements but didn't want to take the pill cause it's the size of Toronto and tastes like crap. It took a good 15 minutes of trying to convince her and I wanted to rip my hair out in the process. But it was successful! :)

:hug: ....sometimes the trust isn't there. that can be a direct result of which kind of illness.
Somestimes it IS part of the actual illness. It can also be the sometimes....real disregard that even some people in the Health/Medical fields have for people with mental illnesses. The patient may have had really bad previous experiences.This can come from.......treating a person like a 2-dimensional DSMA case vs the living/ breathing/ thinking /feeling unique person each patienrt is.
The symptoms of each of the illness can manifest diferently/ .in quantity......in intensity............and cultural differences play in.
WHen the whole person is treated.listened to.....the really good practitioner well see how things manifest with suble and sometimes obvious differences from person to person.

Sometimes people think p.w.m.i. are stupid. There's a bell curve there of that population a per intellengence as the "normal" pop. That's because at times when the illnesses is nearing or full blown bad stage {which doesn't always happen } the symptons are so distracting that concentration levels can slide or really plummet down. SO you appear stupid, as almost anything esp decision making make take a lot longer time to do at those points. But that often isn't so for much/ most of the time............

Last edited:
Awwww i'm so happy for you Russty :happy: :hug: :hug:

That's a great thanksgiving pressie! :wink:

VP - I always look at the bad weather the same as you! :D it's nice to look out of the window if you don't have to go out and be all warm inside the house :cute:

FlyYourKite said:

Thanks SG! :hug: It does feel nice cause yesterday I figured I'd get nowhere with her. My other goal was to get her to talk about her overdose on the weekend which she did open up about. She took between 80-100 tylenols :|

Thats good, that you got her to talk about it. Thats a huge step :yes:

Hi Russty :hug: congratulations! :hyper: thats great news!

Russty, glad to hear that! :hug:

Susan...with a nice cup of hot chocolate...or a glass of wine, and someone to snuggle with. Not that I've had the latter for a long time, but maybe this winter. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I just got a call from Mr. Cat and he sold a car today!!! This means that I don't have to worry so much about our mortgage next month, its covered! Woohoo! I'm so relieved I feel like crying. :hyper: :faint:

He called up and asked me if I wanted to go to Hatchcover tonight which is this really expensive resturant here in town and it took me a minute to realize that meant he sold the car. Cuz as of this morning we had like $2 in the bank. :lol:

SG I'm glad everyone is safe! :hug: Snow really is a pain in the ass! :madspit:

How wonderful!!!!!!!!!! that's a real goooooooood thanksgiving gift!
Enjoy you dinner out!

as for Blizzard Condirtions........:yikes: :yuck: :yikes: :hug: to you all in them now.......

Awww Russty!!!! :cute: :hug: :hug: A big huge hug! :drool:

Speaking of The Penthouse story&stuff like that Wild - I took my friend out to IKEA today (Yes, i'm so sad i had to go AGAIN!!!!) and we were looking at the big king size beds AND lying on them&there was this wonderfully huge&ornate bed set up and i'm like: Does the bed come with a free Bono :combust:

If only it did&i'm like: Hey - Buy this bed&get a free Bono clone as we walked away from the shop! :lmao: so yeah, i'll take the king sized bed Wild!!!! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Bye Fly and Jem :hug:

A snowy scene can be gorgeous, I used to love to go out and take pictures on snowy days. I just haven't been doing the photography thing for a couple of years now :shrug:

That was really the main thing I ever enjoyed about snow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom