PGP: I'm Dreaming Of A U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dis, Sami, VP. :hug:

My Christmas tree is somewhere in my attic, where it's been stuck behind boxes for years. :shifty:

What can I say, I was in school and working for four years. :shrug:

sami0201 said:

:lmao: yes, that's what up means :shifty

seriously though, as long as it doesn't bother you or Sarah, it's no big deal :shrug: :hug:
I wish I could come over and put up your tree!! :sigh:

I'm not supposed to celebrate Christmas and I put a tree up the week after Thanksgiving :lmao: :reject: I love them :love:

OMG, that's what I was just telling Sarah 30 seconds ago - I read her our conversation, and pointed out to her that your family doesn't celebrate Christmas, and yet you beat us by a month. :reject: :lmao:

Okay, Sarah just had a brilliant idea! She said we could just put up a menorah (sp?) because it would require less effort. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

OMG, that's what I was just telling Sarah 30 seconds ago - I read her our conversation, and pointed out to her that your family doesn't celebrate Christmas, and yet you beat us by a month. :reject: :lmao:

Okay, Sarah just had a brilliant idea! She said we could just put up a menorah (sp?) because it would require less effort. :lol:

OMG :lmao:

we don't have a menorah yet :lmao: :lmao:

Hey Joanne :hug:

Before this year, I was in school for 4 years too, with the joy of pre-Christmas exams and term papers due in December, and yet I still managed to be prepared earlier than I am this year. :reject: This year, I really have no excuse.

VintagePunk said:

And Hanukkah (sp? I know I spelled it right in fanfic an hour ago) starts on Christmas day this year. So there you go. :wink:

However, you and Sarah would have to light candles for eight days. That might require some effort.

jobob said:

And Hanukka (sp? I know I spelled it right in fanfic an hour ago) starts on Christmas day this year. So there you go. :wink:

However, you and Sarah would have to light candles for eight days. That might require some effort.

there's like a million different spellings, don't worry about it :wink:

yeah, the first night is Christmas Eve (tomorrow)!! :hyper: :love:

sami0201 said:

OMG :lmao:

we don't have a menorah yet :lmao: :lmao:

Remember when we talked about those religion quizzes, and discovered that we were both humanists/Universal Unitaranists? If I recall correctly, reformed Judaism was also fairly high on my list, as well. :hmm: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Remember when we talked about those religion quizzes, and discovered that we were both humanists/Universal Unitaranists? If I recall correctly, reformed Judaism was also fairly high on my list, as well. :hmm: :lol:

:yes: :lol:

does it say something about my family that we have 2 different Christmas trees in the house (not both up :wink: )yet we don't own a menorah :lmao:

jobob said:

No matter how apathetic we might seem, I'm sure we could get up off our asses for the 30 seconds it would require daily to light a few candles. :wink: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

No matter how apathetic we might seem, I'm sure we could get up off our asses for the 30 seconds it would require daily to light a few candles. :wink: :lol:

you can get one of those electric menorahs that don't require candles!! :lol: just plug it in and you're set! :wink:

VintagePunk said:

My hotel in Boston was near one of America's first UU churches. I was so tempted to drop in for their Sunday services. Even though I'm Catholic. :wink:

Love doesn't light up my Christmas tree, nor does sitting here bitching about it. :sigh:

I'd better get a move on. Off to the grocery store to pick up a few things, then to do my Christmas duties. Talk to you later tonight. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Sami, aren't there prayers and blessings involved too? So it might be more like a minute or five. :wink:

I never heard of electric menorahs before. Although I did see two very nice silver ones in Crate and Barrel last weekend.

OMG, it's 4 p.m. already here! :ohmy: Where did my day off go? I still have to get to the post office! And do laundry to pack for my aunt's house, AND buy a Christmas present for my uncle! :ohmy:

Gotta go!

Last edited:
jobob said:

Sami, aren't there prayers and blessings involved too? So it might be more like a minute or five. :wink:

I never heard of electric menorahs before. Although I did see two very nice silver ones in Crate and Barrel last weekend.

:lol: yes, but no one here knows them :lol:

I always see electric ones in people's windows and stuff, it's almost like the Jewish version of putting your Christmas tree in the window :wink:

bye! :hug:

Read back a couple of pages for my tales of Christmas woe, and my laziness that has finally culminated into a desire to convert to Judaism because candles are so much easier than trees. :wink:

Girls -I'm resolving to spend more time in here post New Year

I just wanted to wish you all a safe, happy, and fun Christmas :hug:

Last edited:
She's tired cause we stayed up to watch South Park last night. It was the Christmas one, with all the forest animals. :ohmy: I'd never seen that one before...

I can't believe they get away with the shit they do. :lmao:

Hey Chrissi! :hug: I haven't been in here as much for the past week, but I was catching up the other day, and saw that you're going to come over to the dark side. :wink: Welcome!

You have a great Christmas, too. :)

I read about your christmas tree and candle thing:lmao: not a bad idea:hmm:

Never seen that south park....come to think of it I've only seen it about twice:hmm:

Hey Chrissi..merry christmas:heart:

What are you and your husband doing Christmas day?

I remember the years of schlepping off to 5,000 different houses on Christmas day, to visit both sides of family. :yikes: Glad I don't have to do that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom