PGP-Hoping For Some BOOMCHA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have Elevation Barcelona and literally haven't watched it in a couple years, but one of the things that stands out most for me still is Bono dedicating Kite to "my father, who is very ill". It's heartbreaking watching that and knowing that less than four weeks later he'll be mourning his father's passing :sad:

I have Elevation Barcelona and literally haven't watched it in a couple years, but one of the things that stands out most for me still is Bono dedicating Kite to "my father, who is very ill". It's heartbreaking watching that and knowing that less than four weeks later he'll be mourning his father's passing :sad:

Aw. :(

There's just an openness and sincerity to the Elevation shows that I can't even describe, that's really appealing to me.

Jess - what happened with your brother

This is the short version:

Well, he severed his toe at school yesterday. Got so mad kicking a padded door that he took everything above the first knuckle clean off. So they sewed him up, sent him on his merry way and about a mile from the hospital, he tore it off again. So my mom took him back, they glued it shut and sent him home. Then this morning, he popped the wound open again, so we went back to Primary's again and they bandaged it and put him in a walking boot to keep him from openign the wound again. However, through all this, he's officially been declared a danger to himself and others and his psychiatrist wants us to put him in the U of U psychiatric hospital. My mom, who was in the hospital last month with severe bleeding ulcers was told not to stress out so she could heal. How I haven't lost my mind yet, I don't know.

I totally pwned bitch girl today. I went to stand near where she was eating, and of course she acts like a baby and moves away. :rolleyes: I start laughing and she says, "I move because you smell like shit." I told her that was false, I smell like roses. She repeated what she said and I started laughing again. Then I said, "Unlike you, I am an awesome person who knows how to put my makeup on, won't be waitressing for the rest of my life, and I can come up with better insults than 'you smell like shit. Oh and I don't say sub-tle when pronouncing subtle." (At a trainer meeting last month, she was reading from a booklet and pronounced subtle that way. I'm not insensitive to people with learning disabilities but I made an exception for her.) Anyways, she shut up and it looked like she would start crying. Unfortunately, she didn't. :sigh:

I don't enjoy hurting people or cutting them down. But I did with her. Yeah, I'm a bitch.

Well, he severed his toe at school yesterday. Got so mad kicking a padded door that he took everything above the first knuckle clean off. So they sewed him up, sent him on his merry way and about a mile from the hospital, he tore it off again. So my mom took him back, they glued it shut and sent him home. Then this morning, he popped the wound open again, so we went back to Primary's again and they bandaged it and put him in a walking boot to keep him from openign the wound again. However, through all this, he's officially been declared a danger to himself and others and his psychiatrist wants us to put him in the U of U psychiatric hospital. My mom, who was in the hospital last month with severe bleeding ulcers was told not to stress out so she could heal. How I haven't lost my mind yet, I don't know.

I'm so sorry. :( :hug:

:yikes: :yikes: :hug: wow.

I totally pwned bitch girl today. I went to stand near where she was eating, and of course she acts like a baby and moves away. :rolleyes: I start laughing and she says, "I move because you smell like shit." I told her that was false, I smell like roses. She repeated what she said and I started laughing again. Then I said, "Unlike you, I am an awesome person who knows how to put my makeup on, won't be waitressing for the rest of my life, and I can come up with better insults than 'you smell like shit. Oh and I don't say sub-tle when pronouncing subtle." (At a trainer meeting last month, she was reading from a booklet and pronounced subtle that way. I'm not insensitive to people with learning disabilities but I made an exception for her.) Anyways, she shut up and it looked like she would start crying. Unfortunately, she didn't. :sigh:

I don't enjoy hurting people or cutting them down. But I did with her. Yeah, I'm a bitch.

I love you. :love:

:hug::hug:

I love you. :love:

She has this annoying habit of bursting into song about people she's friends with at work. So tonight I sang back, "Like nails on a fucking chalkboard!!!!" :happy:

Watching Elevation Miami again. This show is so amazing, you girls really need to see it. :drool:

Have you seen/heard Elevation Turin? After Walk On, they perform Pride and Out of Control. I had an awesome bootleg of that. Right now I'm downloading video clips of the show. :love:

He was given a sedative A SEDATIVE one that would knock you or I on our ass and all it did was piss him off more. I look like I've gone ten rounds with a prize fighter. Well, a prize fighter who is also allowed to claw the shit out of you with his fingernails.

I feel for you, I really do. A very good friend of mine has a brother who is autistic, and I know it's not easy. Like you, she's very close to him, and most of the time, she's the only one he'll respond to and cooperate for.

If he doesn't respond to a full dose of the sedative (he was given a half this afternoon) he's definitely going to the hospital, which is going to tear my mom apart, and probably me, too.

She has this annoying habit of bursting into song about people she's friends with at work. So tonight I sang back, "Like nails on a fucking chalkboard!!!!" :happy:

Have you seen/heard Elevation Turin? After Walk On, they perform Pride and Out of Control. I had an awesome bootleg of that. Right now I'm downloading video clips of the show. :love:

Seriously, stop with your being so awesome. :love:

No, I've never seen/heard that show. Nor have I seen the one Drea mentioned. If any of you girls I'm seeing in July have requests, PM me. I'll look for the show and burn it and bring copies with me.

No, I've never seen/heard that show. Nor have I seen the one Drea mentioned. If any of you girls I'm seeing in July have requests, PM me. I'll look for the show and burn it and bring copies with me.

I only have Elevation Barcelona because I won it at InTO The Heart in 2005 (for answering a trivia question I think) *g* If I had a way to burn stuff I would, both that and Vertigo Sao Paolo (the one that was televised, I was given that one back in *thinks* 06?)

Jess, i'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. My thoughts are with you and your family. I know that doesn't help, but it's the best I can offer.

DG, :hi5: - Really? "You smell like shit?" That's the best she can do???

:(

But it would just be for a little while, right? And for his own safety, from the sound of it?

Yeah, he wouldn't be there permanently. And since he likes to attack us, it's for our safety, too. It's just a very hard thing to do.

Jess, i'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. My thoughts are with you and your family. I know that doesn't help, but it's the best I can offer.

What a shitty thing to have to go through, for all of you. :( You're in my thoughts, and if you need anything, I'm just a PM away. :hug:
Thanks. :hug: If I truly unloaded everything that was going on on someone right now, their head would explode trying to fathom it all, I swear. It's been a crappy two months.

Watching the Elvis Costello show now - SO fucking jealous of those who got to attend that taping!

Drea, were there any GTAers who got to go? Because there are clearly some hardcore fans in the audience.

Thanks. :hug: If I truly unloaded everything that was going on on someone right now, their head would explode trying to fathom it all, I swear. It's been a crappy two months.

If you need someone to talk to - try me. I can relate. Seriously. :hug: Different conditions, but the health and wellbeing of a family member, and my own mental health...yeah.

Watching the Elvis Costello show now - SO fucking jealous of those who got to attend that taping!

Drea, were there any GTAers who got to go? Because there are clearly some hardcore fans in the audience.

When Jem and I were waiting at the entrance ramp on the Thurs we met a girl who'd been there (because she knew someone who had tickets), but no one in the GTA was at the taping... some of them were at the EDGE 102.1 radio interview (out front), but no one at Masonic Temple for Costello.

When Jem and I were waiting at the entrance ramp on the Thurs we met a girl who'd been there (because she knew someone who had tickets), but no one in the GTA was at the taping... some of them were at the EDGE 102.1 radio interview (out front), but no one at Masonic Temple for Costello.

Ahhh, I need to know how they got to be in the audience! :scream:

Yeah, you called me about The Edge appearance, and thanks to you I was able to let Liz and Sarah know about it, and they got to see it.

Did you ever see the newspaper pic of that? Liz is very clear in it, but Sarah, who was right beside her, must have been behind someone.

I got the impression it was mainly bigwigs who got tix, but I imagine there were ways... (and it also explains why they didn't do a soundcheck on the Tues night, half the band was somewhat busy :lol:)

All I've seen is the video clip with Mark Baker wearing his U2Brthr licence plate around his neck and getting a high five from Bono :giggle:

(Btw, from the TO thread from last year I got some "sightseeing" info...)

My mom just called. He's been attacking her for an hour and a half, even with more sedative. I'm gonna leave work and go help her or try to convince her that the hospital is the best place for him.

Thanks for your thoughts, etc. :wave:

I got the impression it was mainly bigwigs who got tix, but I imagine there were ways... (and it also explains why they didn't do a soundcheck on the Tues night, half the band was somewhat busy :lol:)

All I've seen is the video clip with Mark Baker wearing his U2Brthr licence plate around his neck and getting a high five from Bono :giggle:

(Btw, from the TO thread from last year I got some "sightseeing" info...)

Like what info? :eyebrow: I can send you the picture...

My mom just called. He's been attacking her for an hour and a half, even with more sedative. I'm gonna leave work and go help her or try to convince her that the hospital is the best place for him.

Thanks for your thoughts, etc. :wave:

Oh no. Good luck. :hug:

Hey girls!! How are things??

So I hear hotels are booked!! :hyper::hyper:

Mucca!!!! How are you?? :hug: Do you know when you're arriving?

Hotels for the 2nd and 3rd for sure, maybe earlier, I just need to find out from the others!

Like what info? :eyebrow: I can send you the picture...

U2_Bonoat102Edge1.jpg

That's Liz in the very center, with the sunglasses on, behind Bono to his right. You can see Sarah's forehead, just behind her.

Back
Top Bottom