PGP here to stroke Bono's....ego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did she dress up?? I bet Alex would have been blown away!

Kitties!!! They're gorgeous! :love: Is Dana a calico?

I'm horrible. I used to take pics all the time during their first year, and I posted them in the cat thread all the time, but I haven't taken any in ages. :reject:

No she didn't want to do anything like that, plus it isn't allowed. We met one of their friends there who is also a Dr Who fan, but he really does wear bow ties in real life, and they made him remove it. :lol:

And I remember when your kitties were born. :cute:

Did she dress up?? I bet Alex would have been blown away!

Kitties!!! They're gorgeous! :love: Is Dana a calico?

I'm horrible. I used to take pics all the time during their first year, and I posted them in the cat thread all the time, but I haven't taken any in ages. :reject:

She is! It was by pure luck we found her, too.

My mom went out to check on the goats (long story), and she found her in a tree! The poor baby was barely 6 weeks old (by the vet's estimate), and soaking wet. (really super huge rainstorm the night before)

My mom likes to joke that because our dog was shedding at the time, and Dana's fur matches the colors of the dog's exactly, that we grew a cat. :lol:

Okay, you asked for it...

This is the mom. We started out calling her Kitty. We suck at names. When it came time for her and the kittens to have their first vet visit, we were literally coming up with names on the way out the door. We succeeded in naming all of the kittens. By then, the name Kitty just fit her, and we kept it.

Picture011-1.jpg

This is Abby. She's a pretty girl, very sweet and she squints like Renee Zelwegger when her picture is taken.

Picture016.jpg

To be continued...

Okay, you asked for it...

This is the mom. We started out calling her Kitty. We suck at names. When it came time for her and the kittens to have their first vet visit, we were literally coming up with names on the way out the door. We succeeded in naming all of the kittens. By then, the name Kitty just fit her, and we kept it.

Picture011-1.jpg

This is Abby. She's a pretty girl, very sweet and she squints like Renee Zelwegger when her picture is taken.

Picture016.jpg

To be continued...

:cute:

Abby reminds me of a cat I used to have, named Wombli. (that's a Lakota word, and I've forgotten what it means... Soaring Eagle, I think).

Anyway, she used chase me down the hallway and jump on my back, purring really hard. And she liked grapes. And broccoli. And headbutting. :crack:

This is Stripey. Before we got him fixed, he was a hellion, very aggressive and alpha-catish. Now, he's a sweetie, very friendly and affectionate, a sweet boy.

Picture027-1-1.jpg

This is Toby, our other tabby boy. Named after Toby from The Office, because he has this perpetually sad/grumpy expression. He's turned into a giant goofball, he makes me laugh more than any other cat, and he also purrs so loudly it sounds like a buzzsaw.

Picture007.jpg

This is Stripey. Before we got him fixed, he was a hellion, very aggressive and alpha-catish. Now, he's a sweetie, very friendly and affectionate, a sweet boy.

Picture027-1-1.jpg

This is Toby, our other tabby boy. Named after Toby from The Office, because he has this perpetually sad/grumpy expression. He's turned into a giant goofball, he makes me laugh more than any other cat, and he also purrs so loudly it sounds like a buzzsaw.

Picture007.jpg
More kittehs! :love:

My orange cat purrs so loud you can usually hear him all the way across the room. It's awesome.

This is Jack, aka Jackson. He's my boy, right from the time he was a baby. A giant suck and diva. We think he might be gay, but we're totally fine with that, and we support him. Since i started working, I think he misses me. He sits on the back of the couch behind me, and taps my shoulder with his paw for attention.

Picture019-1.jpg

This is Max, aka Maxwell. He is definitely the smartest cat, a very clever boy. He is also a mischief maker, most likely to get into trouble, because he's so smart I'm pretty sure he gets bored, and looks for shit to get into. I think he needs a job. He's also a sweetie and very affectionate (all my cats are super affectionate, actually).

DSC02290-1.jpg

And finally...Zoey. When they were babies and we were figuring out which ones to keep (ha! we ended up keeping them all!), Sarah chose Zoey. Since Sarah is at school, over the past few years, Zoey has bonded with me, in a creepy, obsessive way. Like, she's seriously OCD, and it the clingiest cat I've ever seen, she will NOT leave me alone. :crack: And, if she is sitting awkwardly on me (like usual) and I go to move her, she gets all bitchy and goes "mrrrrOOOOOW" as if to say "don't move me, bitch." And then I'm all "I'm the person, and I don't want you here right now." And then 5 seconds later, she's back where she originally was. She's persistent and a giant, needy pain in the ass, but I adore her.

DSC02319-1.jpg

Picture027-1-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

OMG he does look just like Toby :lmao:

I think it's the greatest kitty story ever that they all got to grow up together, such a rare story these days I'll bet. :cute:

My grandparents had a cat named Kitty too. :D It seems to be a very popular cat name.

Oh come on guys, Matt Smith is attractive. I don't know. It's the hair. And the face. And something. Hard to get it straight in my head. Yeah, one of the episodes was The Lodger, another was a clip from something I haven't seen yet, where apparently Capt. Jack is causing his clothes to dematerialize or something...

Soooo many kitties! :cute: I feel like I'm going to implode. Want. Want. Want. I so badly want a cat again.

This is Jack, aka Jackson. He's my boy, right from the time he was a baby. A giant suck and diva. We think he might be gay, but we're totally fine with that, and we support him. Since i started working, I think he misses me. He sits on the back of the couch behind me, and taps my shoulder with his paw for attention.

Picture019-1.jpg

This is Max, aka Maxwell. He is definitely the smartest cat, a very clever boy. He is also a mischief maker, most likely to get into trouble, because he's so smart I'm pretty sure he gets bored, and looks for shit to get into. I think he needs a job. He's also a sweetie and very affectionate (all my cats are super affectionate, actually).

DSC02290-1.jpg
Wow, those are some really big cats! :cute:

And finally...Zoey. When they were babies and we were figuring out which ones to keep (ha! we ended up keeping them all!), Sarah chose Zoey. Since Sarah is at school, over the past few years, Zoey has bonded with me, in a creepy, obsessive way. Like, she's seriously OCD, and it the clingiest cat I've ever seen, she will NOT leave me alone. :crack: And, if she is sitting awkwardly on me (like usual) and I go to move her, she gets all bitchy and goes "mrrrrOOOOOW" as if to say "don't move me, bitch." And then I'm all "I'm the person, and I don't want you here right now." And then 5 seconds later, she's back where she originally was. She's persistent and a giant, needy pain in the ass, but I adore her.

DSC02319-1.jpg
Aw....

:lol:

I think it's the greatest kitty story ever that they all got to grow up together, such a rare story these days I'll bet. :cute:

My grandparents had a cat named Kitty too. :D It seems to be a very popular cat name.

My grandparents had a cat named Cat. :|

:lol:

He DOES! That name is perfect for him, I think Sarah came up with it. :lol: He does this completely amazing/funny/cute thing for that past couple of years, that when most people hear it, they say it's just a coincidence, but I SWEAR it's not, he does it too often and it's too established. When I'm walking through the house, he will walk just a few steps ahead of me and keep turning back to make sure I'm still coming...this will continue till he sees me turn in toward the living room and head toward the spot I usually sit in. The last few steps, he will break into a run and then jump up in my spot, and then look up at me all innocently. I make a huge fuss and pet him and call him a "seat thief" and he purrs SO loudly and sucks up all the attention. It's hilarious. :lol: Sarah said she's watched him many times where he's thought that I'm heading to sit down, but then I go upstairs or something instead. As soon as he realizes I'm not going to sit down, he jumps out of my spot all dejectedly and waits for me to come back so he can steal my seat for real. :lol: I adore him, he's so funny and nuts.

He DOES! That name is perfect for him, I think Sarah came up with it. :lol: He does this completely amazing/funny/cute thing for that past couple of years, that when most people hear it, they say it's just a coincidence, but I SWEAR it's not, he does it too often and it's too established. When I'm walking through the house, he will walk just a few steps ahead of me and keep turning back to make sure I'm still coming...this will continue till he sees me turn in toward the living room and head toward the spot I usually sit in. The last few steps, he will break into a run and then jump up in my spot, and then look up at me all innocently. I make a huge fuss and pet him and call him a "seat thief" and he purrs SO loudly and sucks up all the attention. It's hilarious. :lol: Sarah said she's watched him many times where he's thought that I'm heading to sit down, but then I go upstairs or something instead. As soon as he realizes I'm not going to sit down, he jumps out of my spot all dejectedly and waits for me to come back so he can steal my seat for real. :lol: I adore him, he's so funny and nuts.

That is adorable. :cute::cute::cute:

Wow, those are some really big cats! :cute:

They ARE. My god, I think I have this family of ginormous monster cats. Some of them are a little overweight, but not that much for their body size. For instance, Stripey is slim but wow, he's LONG, if I hold him and he dangles, his head can be at my shoulders, and his back legs hang to my knees!

When Max was at the vet most recently, he was 15 lbs. He's a bit overweight, but I'd say his normal weight for his frame should probably be around 12 lbs. Then I see my neighbour's cats, and they're like less than half the size of mine!

I LOVE his little grin in those pics! :love:

Just got some FABULOUS news from my aunt about her cancer treatment. She had an appointment with her doctor today and her tumours have shrunk amazingly. One is down to 5mm from 32mm, which is incredible. Everything's progressing very well and the doctors are very pleased. It's so encouraging to get such great news! :)

I LOVE his little grin in those pics! :love:

Just got some FABULOUS news from my aunt about her cancer treatment. She had an appointment with her doctor today and her tumours have shrunk amazingly. One is down to 5mm from 32mm, which is incredible. Everything's progressing very well and the doctors are very pleased. It's so encouraging to get such great news! :)

Yay! :happydance:

I really don't understand this. They say that if you have a close female relative diagnosed, you need to be extra careful and do checks. When my mom was first in treatment, my sister asked her oncologist if her and I need to have any extra monitoring done. He said "nah, I wouldn't worry about it, unless you have another female relative like an aunt who has had some form of this or reproductive cancer." We don't. He was so blase about the whole thing, which is contrary to everything I've ever heard. But the man is the chief of staff of his oncology dept, and a prof at a university teaching hospital, so he must know what he's talking about, right?? Maybe her form doesn't have genetic links?

Oh, and apropos of nothing, I got my hair cut last night!! It was sorely needed. Got about 6 inches off. I keep feeling it, wondering where all the hair went. Feels fantastic!!

I really don't understand this. They say that if you have a close female relative diagnosed, you need to be extra careful and do checks. When my mom was first in treatment, my sister asked her oncologist if her and I need to have any extra monitoring done. He said "nah, I wouldn't worry about it, unless you have another female relative like an aunt who has had some form of this or reproductive cancer." We don't. He was so blase about the whole thing, which is contrary to everything I've ever heard. But the man is the chief of staff of his oncology dept, and a prof at a university teaching hospital, so he must know what he's talking about, right?? Maybe her form doesn't have genetic links?

I would hope he knows what he's talking about, being a practicing oncologist AND a professor. :ohmy:

*has had females on both sides of the family with breast cancer* :crack:

Thanks! It's so encouraging to get good news like that.

Arcade Fire's Wake Up still gives me chills. :) :love: Such great memories....

I get a little misty eyed every time I hear it. One of my favourite songs. :love:

I have no clue how all of that genetics stuff works. There have been so many forms of cancer in my family over the years that I've always assumed it might be in my future. But I'm going to cross that bridge if/when I ever get to it.

And yay for the haircut! I love the feeling of a brand new haircut. I got about 5 inches chopped off a month ago, and I kept shaking my head around because it was so much lighter. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom