PGP: Hello (Hello) *Disclaimer: That is an echo, not a Vertigo reference*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle has been lovely so far! :love:

The only frustrating thing is that I'd planned to have breakfast with a friend tomorrow morning. She emailed me not that long ago to cancel, after my family had all long gone to bed. :| My dad was going to get up super early to drive me to go meet her, so I had to wake him up to tell him he didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn any more. I figured it was better to wake him up now, rather than him having to get up unnecessarily in the morning. It will be nice (for him) that he can have a day to sleep in a bit.

I love this friend to bits, but it REALLY pisses me off and hurts my feelings when she cancels on me so last minute (she's done this before). :sigh: We'd made all our plans centering around this, so now everything has to be re-arranged in the morning. I'm sure it will all be okay with everyone, but it's just really annoying and hurtful.

Sorry for spewing. I just needed to vent about that for a second.

Oh well - I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things to do to fill that time. :)

That really is sucky that she keeps backing out at the last minute like that. Have you told her that you'd like a bit more notification or explanation or whatever ('cause if someone's got a legitimate reason to back out, obviously, that's understandable, and if it's a last minute emergency that makes sense, too. But to do it with no real explanation...yeah. Kinda crappy).

Glad you're enjoying Seattle so far, though! I bet that'd be a really neat city to visit.

1. I'm amazed that you have worthwhile family trips at all with the amount of car troubles you have! But I'm glad that kind strangers were able to help you out...so that's a good thing

It's one of those things where it sucked at the time, but we can look back on it and laugh years later :p. But we have had some fun moments on trips, and being with my family in and of itself is always good.

Indeed. It's why I refuse to lose faith in humanity. I know there are still good souls out there.

I remember reading a review once of that movie 'Planes, Trains, & Automobiles' that someone had written, and they liked the movie and it was great and touching and all that good stuff, but commented on how some might find the seemingly endless amount of things that go wrong on the trip to be a bit unbelievable. And all I could think was, "You've clearly never traveled with my family." :lol:.

2. I wouldn't know about long moves.....I have only moved across the street. But it's funny that you were to refer to your car as a clown car with the amount of stuff you crammed into it!

It really was hilarious. The puzzled looks of the police officers who were helping get our stuff out of the car and away from the fire made it all the funnier (again, it wasn't funny at the time, but now, I think of what a scene that must've been for everyone passing by that day and can't help but laugh).

Nothing got damaged, by the way, the fire was confined solely to the hood of the car and was a small one, easily put out within a few short moments. Some of our stuff got a bit dampened from the fire extinguisher, but that was about it.

Yeah, as cool as it was to travel to and live in various areas of the country, I'm really kind of sick of moving. Someday when I can afford my own place, I'll have to do it again, but hopefully that time will be the last time I'll need to do any moving. I'd like to just stay in one place.

3. I'm ok with it....it's been over 12 years....and I don't really remember her (despite the numerous pics of the both of us together when I was little). I know she is in a better place along with my grandfather, my maternal grandparents and my mom. But at least I had a good time in Manistee the times I was there.

That's good, at least. I'm like that with most of my grandparents, too, they died either before I was born or when I was really little. The only one I truly miss is my maternal grandmother-I was 10 when she passed away and I was really close to her, have many good memories of going to her house on the weekends and such.

But like you said, in a better place-I fully believe that, too. And I'm glad for that.

4. I know....there are places I want to go to that I want to go by foot....but I grew up learning to trust public transportations (My grandpa used to work for the CTA and the knowlege has been passed from him to my mom down to me.), Trust me....I live near Chicago....of course I'm going to expect traffic jams! It isn't a major city without them! :wink:

Hehe, exactly :D. Yeah, I've never had a problem with public transportation, either. It's a nice thing to have around, you never know when you'll need it. That's cool that your grandpa worked for the CTA-I'm sure he's got some interesting stories involving passengers over the years!

5. I feel kinda bad...but that's the problem (sorta). Iowa is know for being more of a farming state than Illinois is! But then again, never been to Iowa nor do I know if their major cities are like Chicago (with the variety of stuff).

We are notorious for our farming, yeah. According to my mom, my maternal grandfather actually caused a bit of a rift in his family when he decided to do something other than farm for a living. So that should tell you something about how important farming is here.

Funny thing, though? I've only ever been on a farm once in my entire life, and it was a historical farm down near Des Moines (showing how life was in Iowa in the 1800s for farming communities). I went there for a school field trip. Outside of that, I've driven past farms, but that's it, and I wouldn't know the first thing to do on a farm. I know it's extremely hard work and the weather we get here can be a real bitch for the farmers and their crops sometimes, though, so I do have the utmost respect for farmers and the work they do.

The major cities here (Des Moines, Iowa City, Sioux City, to name a few) aren't on the level of Chicago in terms of population, obviously, and there's things Chicago has that they don't, I'm sure of that. But they still have a good variety of things to do in their own right.

6. Yea...everything turned out alright...although there are now two different colors of bricks on the side of the buliding :giggle:

Good to hear that. LOL, hey, whatever helps make the place look pretty, right :D?

Yes, Rick Santorum is batshit crazy and fundamentally against everything I stand for, but he does not back down from his back-wood ideals. What scares me most about him was how far he got. That dude should have been discounted as soon as he opened his mouth.

This.

let me tell you -- even when pres Clintion was Pres there was squawking ALL OVER RIGHT WING Radio :yuck: (not that much TV at that time) about Bill "feminizing" the Presidency; him being concerned with issues of Education, help for Women and Children , Health Care!!!

People were calling up saying how the Right To Vote for Women should Be REVOKED!!!! THIS almost at the end of the Twentieth Century and we have people like that!!!!!! :gah: :gah:

In fact some Right Wing Christian (no offence thre are Cathoilcs/Jews etc) preacher just a day or 2 ago was saying one of the WORST things evah to happen in the USA was "Giving Women the Right To Vote"

You'd like to think those people are trolling just to try and attempt to be "cute" or "funny" or something, but then you realize...no. No, they're dead serious :|.

I was for Obama (and Kucinich, actually-he was one of few politicians who WAS fully onboard with legalizing gay marriage right off the bat, and I was the closest in agreement with him on many issues) from the start. But I would have been fine with Hilary as president.

I think she would've likely faced a lot of the same obstacles that Obama did, though. And her husband DID sign the Defense of Marriage Act, so that would've likely come up in any discussion about same-sex marriage if she were president-would she have agreed with it, what would she do differently, etc. ('cause lord knows we couldn't judge her on her own merits, we'd have to compare her to her husband).

I think Obama has been trying very hard, and I get the feeling he actually does care about what's going on and does want to fix it. Unfortunately, he has to deal with a shitty Republican party full of petulant children, and a Congress as a whole that refuses to get anything done and can't seem to pass anything. How can he sign off on bills and make them law if they don't even make it through Congress intact?

I also think he hoped that his supporters would be just as aggressive and involved after the election as they were before the election. Some did continue with the policies he wanted to enact, yes, but some also just decided that he'd take care of everything and their job was done. No, that's not exactly how it works, people, you have to stay as involved as he is. And I think he realized he was in over his head more than he thought, too. Plus, it's hard to properly explain your policy and its benefits to a country full of people that believe Sarah Palin when she starts talking about bullshit death panels.

All that being said, I do hope, if Obama gets a second term, he starts playing some serious hardball and comes out swinging. I hope, if the GOP refuses to grow up and help him out, he tells them to fuck off, then, until they come up with some legitimate ideas.

And I sincerely hope to god in 2016 someone will be elected to continue his policies and improve upon them. The idea of the Republicans fighting back and winning in 2016 scares me.

tumblr_luoyji8lrp1qfbuiyo1_r1_500.jpg

Vintage 80s figurine...kinda reminds of B for some reason. :giggle:

I used to play with those as a kid!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember they were in a bin at school!

Whoa. Blast from the past indeed. And I seem to recall seeing the Babysitters Club board game, but I don't ever remember playing it. I'd kinda like to get it and try it out-I used to LOVE those books as a kid.

Also, a belated happy birthday to Bono! Woo!

TaraCynara said:
:dance:

I'm watching High Fidelity.

I freaking :heart: this movie

I am Rob in that movie. Except for the dysfunctional relationships. I wanted to own a record store and I can be a huge music geek/snob.

It's one of those things where it sucked at the time, but we can look back on it and laugh years later :p. But we have had some fun moments on trips, and being with my family in and of itself is always good.

Indeed. It's why I refuse to lose faith in humanity. I know there are still good souls out there.

I remember reading a review once of that movie 'Planes, Trains, & Automobiles' that someone had written, and they liked the movie and it was great and touching and all that good stuff, but commented on how some might find the seemingly endless amount of things that go wrong on the trip to be a bit unbelievable. And all I could think was, "You've clearly never traveled with my family." :lol:.

It really was hilarious. The puzzled looks of the police officers who were helping get our stuff out of the car and away from the fire made it all the funnier (again, it wasn't funny at the time, but now, I think of what a scene that must've been for everyone passing by that day and can't help but laugh).

Nothing got damaged, by the way, the fire was confined solely to the hood of the car and was a small one, easily put out within a few short moments. Some of our stuff got a bit dampened from the fire extinguisher, but that was about it.

Yeah, as cool as it was to travel to and live in various areas of the country, I'm really kind of sick of moving. Someday when I can afford my own place, I'll have to do it again, but hopefully that time will be the last time I'll need to do any moving. I'd like to just stay in one place.

That's good, at least. I'm like that with most of my grandparents, too, they died either before I was born or when I was really little. The only one I truly miss is my maternal grandmother-I was 10 when she passed away and I was really close to her, have many good memories of going to her house on the weekends and such.

But like you said, in a better place-I fully believe that, too. And I'm glad for that.

Hehe, exactly :D. Yeah, I've never had a problem with public transportation, either. It's a nice thing to have around, you never know when you'll need it. That's cool that your grandpa worked for the CTA-I'm sure he's got some interesting stories involving passengers over the years!

We are notorious for our farming, yeah. According to my mom, my maternal grandfather actually caused a bit of a rift in his family when he decided to do something other than farm for a living. So that should tell you something about how important farming is here.

Funny thing, though? I've only ever been on a farm once in my entire life, and it was a historical farm down near Des Moines (showing how life was in Iowa in the 1800s for farming communities). I went there for a school field trip. Outside of that, I've driven past farms, but that's it, and I wouldn't know the first thing to do on a farm. I know it's extremely hard work and the weather we get here can be a real bitch for the farmers and their crops sometimes, though, so I do have the utmost respect for farmers and the work they do.

The major cities here (Des Moines, Iowa City, Sioux City, to name a few) aren't on the level of Chicago in terms of population, obviously, and there's things Chicago has that they don't, I'm sure of that. But they still have a good variety of things to do in their own right.

Good to hear that. LOL, hey, whatever helps make the place look pretty, right :D?

:lol: :hug: :yes:

I'm glad to hear about that.
I miss my maternal grandma....although I do feel bad for messing with her dog sometimes :reject:

Never been on a farm but I've also passed by farms

Although I have no interest in farming...I do agree with you on that part. Farmers do have a hard job.

:hug:

Yea...everything turned out fine.

I just want to say thank you so much to guys who offered me kind words these past few days. It really meant a lot to me and I :heart: you all for being such wonderful friends.

For those of you that don't know, I had to put my doggie down on Wednesday morning :sad:

I just want to say thank you so much to guys who offered me kind words these past few days. It really meant a lot to me and I :heart: you all for being such wonderful friends.

For those of you that don't know, I had to put my doggie down on Wednesday morning :sad:

I'm sorry, K. I know how hard that is. I'll send a Guy and Larry sandwich over to make you feel better.

When this game ends I´m goin to the woods, been hearing a loud owl somewhere in there past week or so during nights, need to catch that one on camera :camera:

Hey Dazz! You are on just as I leave work. Then I don't get back on until later. Obama isn't terrible. I just think he'd feel more comfortable standing up for what he truly believes if he had more experience in the political machine. He came in at a shit time and I don't think McCain could do better. I'd rather have McCain than Romney.....and this is from someone who DID vote for him for governor. The other option was just that bad. But he was a liberal Republican here as you need to be in Massachusetts.As for Bono, I need to go over to the post I created and get some photos in. Everyone knows your birthday lasts a week.

OH... no, I understand that you DON'T think Obama is terrible!
You just felt hillary was better. I see your point about maneuvering thepolitical machine! Unfortunately with Sen Ted Kennedy dying .... pres Obama lost one of his greatest boosters and mentors to Congessional doings!

This computer room closes at 5 PM :sigh: I'd BE in here like 7- 9/10PM pm IF they had it open that long since I know I can catch some of you latere on.

Seattle has been lovely so far! :love:

The only frustrating thing is that I'd planned to have breakfast with a friend tomorrow morning. She emailed me not that long ago to cancel, after my family had all long gone to bed. :| My dad was going to get up super early to drive me to go meet her, so I had to wake him up to tell him he didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn any more. I figured it was better to wake him up now, rather than him having to get up unnecessarily in the morning. It will be nice (for him) that he can have a day to sleep in a bit.

I love this friend to bits, but it REALLY pisses me off and hurts my feelings when she cancels on me so last minute (she's done this before). :sigh: We'd made all our plans centering around this, so now everything has to be re-arranged in the morning. I'm sure it will all be okay with everyone, but it's just really annoying and hurtful.

Sorry for spewing. I just needed to vent about that for a second.

Oh well - I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things to do to fill that time. : )
Glad you're having fun. Sorry your friend cancelled. :D

I am Rob in that movie. Except for the dysfunctional relationships. I wanted to own a record store and I can be a huge music geek/snob.
Rob :heart:

Actually, John Cusack :heart::shifty:

Kristen :hug::hug:

Hi Dazz :wave: *has an allergy/cold thing going on, and is sorta high on allergy/cold meds*

:lol: :hug: :yes:

I'm glad to hear about that.
I miss my maternal grandma....although I do feel bad for messing with her dog sometimes :reject:

:hug: Know the feeling.

Mess with her dog how, if I may ask?

Never been on a farm but I've also passed by farms

Although I have no interest in farming...I do agree with you on that part. Farmers do have a hard job.

Yea...everything turned out fine.

:up:

Glad to hear that :).

Oh, man, that's a shame. I'm so sorry :hug:.

As I cannot get over the crappy feeling allergy/cold has given me, I'm taking more Alka Selzter and going to bed.

:hug::heart::wave:
G'night all. Love you.

P.S.
My mom got the surgical clips out today. And, with the way things are going, might get all 3 drains :)crack:) out on Monday. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom