PGP - going back to Bass-ics for Mr Clayton's 50th Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummm, I wasn't even lurking here wtf? :lol:

Gah, I'm so frustrated right now. I allowed myself to think about things that I haven't let myself think about for awhile. Dammit.

Sorry, had to go heat us up some food, we haven't eaten yet. Good thing there are b-day party leftovers.

She was home all weekend for her b-day (which is actually tomorrow, yay, what a way to spend it) and went back last night. Today, she was walking to school and we were on the phone. Suddenly the phone just went dead. I figured the connection dropped or something, tried calling back, no answer. Two minutes later she called me. She was walking through a rec center parking lot a few blocks from her house, went to step over a curb, caught her foot and went down. She was crying/in a panic on the phone, said she "sprained her ankle," felt sick, felt like she was going to pass out, so I calmed her down, and she said there was a nice man who stopped to help her, and was going to drive her home. I was grateful of course, but also worried about the whole stranger thing. Oh, when she fell, the phone dropped and the battery came out of it, and the guy fixed it so she could call me back.

He got her home, helped her to the door, and then one of her roommates helped her into her room. She had it elevated with ice, took advil, I offered to come right then but she said no, wait a few hours and see how it is. So, we chatted and stuff, then around 4:30 she told me to come, said it was swollen worse than she'd ever seen it (she's sprained it a few times in the past, but never to the point where she nearly passed out)...so, I left right after that, got to her place, took one look at it, and it was SO swollen (she said she didn't know how bad it was, since she'd had an ice pack over it) and her foot was just sort of on an angle that made me cringe and think that this wasn't good.

Packed her things, her roommate helped me get her in the car, and we drove to the urgent care clinic in Paris, at their small hospital (which is about 15 minutes from Brantford, but they're known for being a LOT faster than our walk ins or ER). They x-rayed it, the doctor said it's broken pretty badly in two places, but that he thinks she shouldn't need surgery. He got us an appt for an orthopedic surgeon at our hospital at 9 am tomorrow. He said the surgeon can make the decision re surgery, and will probably reset it and put a bigger cast on it. For tonight, she has a half cast halfway up her shin to keep it stable for the night, and she has a prescription for Tylenol 3s.

So, fingers crossed for tomorrow. :(

Oh, and, thank god for that man being there. :heart: I'd love to find out who he is, and thank him.

She said she didn't think it was broken because she thought a break would be much more painful than this. She can't put any weight at all on it, and she can't really move it, but she says when it's just resting in place, it's not that bad. :huh:

Sorry, had to go heat us up some food, we haven't eaten yet. Good thing there are b-day party leftovers.

She was home all weekend for her b-day (which is actually tomorrow, yay, what a way to spend it) and went back last night. Today, she was walking to school and we were on the phone. Suddenly the phone just went dead. I figured the connection dropped or something, tried calling back, no answer. Two minutes later she called me. She was walking through a rec center parking lot a few blocks from her house, went to step over a curb, caught her foot and went down. She was crying/in a panic on the phone, said she "sprained her ankle," felt sick, felt like she was going to pass out, so I calmed her down, and she said there was a nice man who stopped to help her, and was going to drive her home. I was grateful of course, but also worried about the whole stranger thing. Oh, when she fell, the phone dropped and the battery came out of it, and the guy fixed it so she could call me back.

He got her home, helped her to the door, and then one of her roommates helped her into her room. She had it elevated with ice, took advil, I offered to come right then but she said no, wait a few hours and see how it is. So, we chatted and stuff, then around 4:30 she told me to come, said it was swollen worse than she'd ever seen it (she's sprained it a few times in the past, but never to the point where she nearly passed out)...so, I left right after that, got to her place, took one look at it, and it was SO swollen (she said she didn't know how bad it was, since she'd had an ice pack over it) and her foot was just sort of on an angle that made me cringe and think that this wasn't good.

Packed her things, her roommate helped me get her in the car, and we drove to the urgent care clinic in Paris, at their small hospital (which is about 15 minutes from Brantford, but they're known for being a LOT faster than our walk ins or ER). They x-rayed it, the doctor said it's broken pretty badly in two places, but that he thinks she shouldn't need surgery. He got us an appt for an orthopedic surgeon at our hospital at 9 am tomorrow. He said the surgeon can make the decision re surgery, and will probably reset it and put a bigger cast on it. For tonight, she has a half cast halfway up her shin to keep it stable for the night, and she has a prescription for Tylenol 3s.

So, fingers crossed for tomorrow. :(

Oh, and, thank god for that man being there. :heart: I'd love to find out who he is, and thank him.
:yikes: Poor Sarah! Sounds like she's a pretty brave girl if she thought she just sprained it! :hug: Hope her birthday will be nice even with the broken leg.

Bleh, got 2 hrs sleep. :| :coffeeIV:

GG, she said after she thinks she was in denial. :lol:

:uhoh: Go back to bed!!

Perhaps a way of her brain to make the pain less bad?
:hmm: I've heard of this more than once, and I probably experienced it myself when I broke my arm as a kid. I fell while rollerskating(did not realise that you cannot do that on grass, well, I was like 6 or so) and my arm was broken, so I went back home showed it too my mom asking her "is my arm supposed to be bent like this?". Scared the crap out of her and she took me to the hospital. Apparently I claimed it didn't hurt and just ate a sandwich in the car like nothing. It probably helped that it was broken very cleanly, could be put together without any pins or so.

So any news on the surgery yet or is that later today?

woooooops I forgot to hit submit before leaving. :D I picked up my bike from the shop. It was shit expensive to fix it, but I can cycle again. :yippie:

GG, I had to get up, to have her at the hospital to see the surgeon by 9 am. :crack:

Anyway, we're home now, no surgery. :happy:

The surgeon looked at the x-rays from last night, checked her ankle and said he thought that the ligaments on the one side were still in good shape, and that that would help stabilize it hopefully. He said they'd cast it, then do another x-ray with the cast on to see if the fractures were held together adequately. They were. After the exam, cast, x-rays, then back to see the dr again for the news, then she had to go up to physio to have a crutch lesson.

So, she has a full cast from her toes up to the knee, it'll be on for 8 weeks, she's to put absolutely no weight on it during that time, and the surgeon wants to see her again in 9 days.

I have noooo idea what she's going to do about school. :crack: It's a 5 minute walk to the bus stop from her place, a 15 minute walk to the campus, and then assuming she could even get to the campus, once she's there, it's all hills and stairs. She has two weeks of classes after this week, and then only two exams. The exams are no problem, I can drive her and wait, it's just the classes.

The university should have elevators in all the buildings - it doesn't solve the hill problem, but at least the classes part will be a bit better :)

GG, I had to get up, to have her at the hospital to see the surgeon by 9 am. :crack:

Anyway, we're home now, no surgery. :happy:

The surgeon looked at the x-rays from last night, checked her ankle and said he thought that the ligaments on the one side were still in good shape, and that that would help stabilize it hopefully. He said they'd cast it, then do another x-ray with the cast on to see if the fractures were held together adequately. They were. After the exam, cast, x-rays, then back to see the dr again for the news, then she had to go up to physio to have a crutch lesson.

So, she has a full cast from her toes up to the knee, it'll be on for 8 weeks, she's to put absolutely no weight on it during that time, and the surgeon wants to see her again in 9 days.

I have noooo idea what she's going to do about school. :crack: It's a 5 minute walk to the bus stop from her place, a 15 minute walk to the campus, and then assuming she could even get to the campus, once she's there, it's all hills and stairs. She has two weeks of classes after this week, and then only two exams. The exams are no problem, I can drive her and wait, it's just the classes.

Ah I wasn't sure of the timezones.

Good to hear it's not necessary to have surgery. A cast isn't that bad. Sounds like a pretty clean break then. 8 weeks is a bit unnusual though, isn't it usually just 6?

Isn't there an elevator? :crack: Perhaps a friend who lives at campus she could perhaps stay at?
Otherwise is it possible she can stay home and study for herself?

and I'm going to the EYE Doctor tomorrow :uhoh: :scared:

b/c i haven't seen him in 7 months (and I should of seen him at least around the fall ) -- nothing seems wrong with the eye ( thank the powers)....
but he does want me to start looking at a contact lens.

I've never wore them :yikes: A friend has talked me half off the ledge about them. It's for one eye and then eventually if the other eye's cataract gets too bad then I;ll have to have surgery or the other eye. :( :sigh

I don't know what's covered wise and i may need a colored contact because the iris was damaged ( had to do with the cataract over growing) one one side and so I have a distorted image b/c the opening is no longer a circle :sad:
I'm hoping a colored contact will help since it has to have a round opening for the (normal round) hole of the iris.

Hi dazz! :hug:

Good luck with the eye doctor tomorrow! Hopefully it won't be too expensive. I went to the eye doctor last month, and it had been 7 years since my last visit. :reject: Whoops! :lol: Let's just say I needed a slightly more intense prescription after all that time! :wink:

Hi dazz! :hug:

Good luck with the eye doctor tomorrow! Hopefully it won't be too expensive. I went to the eye doctor last month, and it had been 7 years since my last visit. :reject: Whoops! :lol: Let's just say I needed a slightly more intense prescription after all that time! :wink:

:hug:

i onc edid that --- not seeing my eye doc for 7 yrs.
:uhoh:

and i only went b/c my eyes seemed to doing something "offish" it was okay..... basically stress on my part.

:hug:

i onc edid that --- not seeing my eye doc for 7 yrs.
:uhoh:

and i only went b/c my eyes seemed to doing something "offish" it was okay..... basically stress on my part.

I avoided going for a few years because I didn't have health insurance. Even though I've had insurance for 5 1/2 years now, I never went because I just didn't think about it. But since I started getting headaches a few months ago, and could notice myself squinting to see, I knew it was time to go and get my sight checked out. :)

def sounded like it, thora!

glad you got it corrected!!!:hug::hug:

have to leave!

and I ALMOST forgot about :hyper::hyper: LOST--- I was/am so worried about tomorrow!!!

won't be here ( maybe stop in at local net around 7:30 b/c my eyes will have the whole dilation thong going on
not sure i want to be puttering around to far from home.

here's to fun/inrstinf/exciting TeeVee!!:hyper::love: :cocktail:

hi/bye to everyone else:wave::heart: go well!

Back
Top Bottom