PGP: Fishing for a new thread title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I saw the guy who offered me the dream job that I couldn't take. I told him about the fellowship/internship thingy I'm applying for and he immediately asked "Do you want me to be a reference?" :love: Now I have to figure out how to work into my application essays that I was offered that position! :lol:

LOL, hey, of all the problems in the world to have, right? Aw, that's so nice of him to offer that :).

YAY!!! From having no options to possibly two to choose from is so exciting. Will continue to send you positive vibes.

Today I saw the guy who offered me the dream job that I couldn't take. I told him about the fellowship/internship thingy I'm applying for and he immediately asked "Do you want me to be a reference?" :love: Now I have to figure out how to work into my application essays that I was offered that position! :lol:

I know, right?! :lol: :hyper: Thanks for the vibes. :hug: I'm MUCH less stressed out about tomorrow, since it's just a "get to know you" meeting. That's kinda strange - I've never done anything like that before. Isn't that what the initial phone call is? :lol: All my correspondence was via email, so whatever. I'm happy to have the opportunity to sell myself a bit. I'm meeting with HR and the CEO and I don't know who else, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to bring my resume and references and have them in my car, just in case.

Awesome!! Love it when fantastic people offer to be your reference.

Ooh - banana bread is ready! Going to go have a slice now. :drool:

If I could virtually share it, I would. It's very light and has just a hint of sweetness.

I can post the recipe (it's for a bread machine, so it's basically just an ingredients list), if anyone wants it...

OMG.

The episode of Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica right now takes place in Indiana WHERE I USED TO LIVE. I mean, I lived about 20 minutes from this city. My parents and I even contemplated eating at this resturant at one point!

:lol:

It's always surreal to see the area you live in/used to live in on TV, isn't it? I saw an episode of "20/20" once that told the story of a newsanchor who'd disappeared from the town I currently live in (and grew up in) 16 years ago one night, and they were showing footage of our police station and the apartment complex she disappeared from and the news station she worked at and whatnot. Very strange (and what a thing to get national attention for!).

Thora, yeah, if you want to share the receipe, go for it!

My hometown was used as setting for a movie a long time ago. It's a fishing town, and it stood in for a fishing village on the East Coast. I was 12 yrs old at the time, and you had to be 13 to be an extra in the movie. :fist: I was SO mad! :lol:

And of course tons of movies/TV shows are filmed in Vancouver, so it always amuses me to see locations I know. :D

Here's the recipe:

• 1 package yeast
  • 1 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced right into the pan
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Put all ingredients into pan in the order listed & bake on white bread setting.

It's always surreal to see the area you live in/used to live in on TV, isn't it? I saw an episode of "20/20" once that told the story of a newsanchor who'd disappeared from the town I currently live in (and grew up in) 16 years ago one night, and they were showing footage of our police station and the apartment complex she disappeared from and the news station she worked at and whatnot. Very strange (and what a thing to get national attention for!).

Thora, yeah, if you want to share the receipe, go for it!

It really is! They even showed the main sign for Notre Dame! :lol:

My hometown was used as setting for a movie a long time ago. It's a fishing town, and it stood in for a fishing village on the East Coast. I was 12 yrs old at the time, and you had to be 13 to be an extra in the movie. :fist: I was SO mad! :lol:

And of course tons of movies/TV shows are filmed in Vancouver, so it always amuses me to see locations I know. :D

:shifty:

What movie? *loves movies* :shifty:

Here's the recipe:

• 1 package yeast
  • 1 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

:drool:

If I ever get another bread maker, I'ma try this.

Notre Dame will definitely get people's attention, yes :).

Agh, that just sucks, doesn't it? I've never been lucky enough to have a film being made in my town, BUT, the musical 'The Music Man' is based off of my town. Meredith Wilson grew up here and created that story based off his life here :). And the house that remains standing at the end of 'Twister'? That's somewhere down south a ways in our state-my family took a drive down that way and saw it once. They actually were going to film some scenes in our town and use our drive-in theater and a motel, but for some reason that didn't wind up happening. And I know 'Field of Dreams' is based in Iowa, I don't recall if it was actually filmed here or not.

Vancouver gets a lot of film/TV stuff going on, yeah. It looks like such a lovely city-I really would like to go up and visit Canada someday.

Here's the recipe:

• 1 package yeast
  • 1 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Awesome :drool:. Thanks.

OMG, it's DELICIOUS!!!! :combust: Why have I not made this before now??!! :drool: Hot damn.

I like my banana bread with chocolate chips. But whatever floats your boat. As I recall, you don't like really really sweet things.

Now that I think about TheatreGuy's comment, I don't know if he meant "reference" as in "Put me on your curriculum vitae/resume as a reference" or "recommendation" as in "I'll write you a recommendation letter". Hmm... we're pretty friendly so I could probably just ask him an email, but it's still kind awkward.

:shifty:

What movie? *loves movies* :shifty:

Needful Things (a Stephen King novel/movie).

Agh, that just sucks, doesn't it? I've never been lucky enough to have a film being made in my town, BUT, the musical 'The Music Man' is based off of my town. Meredith Wilson grew up here and created that story based off his life here :). And the house that remains standing at the end of 'Twister'? That's somewhere down south a ways in our state-my family took a drive down that way and saw it once. They actually were going to film some scenes in our town and use our drive-in theater and a motel, but for some reason that didn't wind up happening. And I know 'Field of Dreams' is based in Iowa, I don't recall if it was actually filmed here or not.

Vancouver gets a lot of film/TV stuff going on, yeah. It looks like such a lovely city-I really would like to go up and visit Canada someday.

Awesome :drool:. Thanks.

Cool! :up:

I'm obviously biased, since I've lived here for most of my life, but Vancouver is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth. :heart: It's such a great city!!

Tombstone, Young Guns, Three Amigos and countless other movies were filmed in my "hometown" (after 18 years here, I still don't consider it my hometown, and I still miss San Francisco) :reject:

I like my banana bread with chocolate chips. But whatever floats your boat. As I recall, you don't like really really sweet things.

Now that I think about TheatreGuy's comment, I don't know if he meant "reference" as in "Put me on your curriculum vitae/resume as a reference" or "recommendation" as in "I'll write you a recommendation letter". Hmm... we're pretty friendly so I could probably just ask him an email, but it's still kind awkward.

Oooh, chocolate chips would be lovely in that. You're right - I'm not a fan of super sweet stuff, but I do like chocolate chips in banana bread that I get from a local coffee shop. I'll have to try that next time. :)

If he said the word reference, I'd take that to mean that you can put his info on your CV. It wouldn't hurt to clarify, but I can definitely see how that would be awkward.

Aw. *:hug: zu*

San Fransisco looks like a great place, too, I've heard all sorts of good things about that city.

It is nice. Like you, I have pride in where I live. Iowa may not be as fast-paced and flashy as other areas of the world, but it really is a very nice state. People are generally friendly, you can get peace and quiet here if you long for such things, and despite a lot of flat land the scenery can be quite lovely (and we legalized same-sex marriage, so added bonus :up:).

Now if only it weren't for the tornadoes...

I'm obviously biased, since I've lived here for most of my life, but Vancouver is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth. :heart: It's such a great city!!

So I've heard. If I ever find myself up in Canada someday, I'll be sure to check out that city, definitely :). Any specific places (restaurants, theater, museums, whatever your city has) of note worth seeing?

Needful Things (a Stephen King novel/movie).

Cool! :up:

Never heard of it :reject:. But, in my defense: I'm not big on Stephen King, with a few exceptions.

*plans on going to Vancouver someday* :D

Tombstone, Young Guns, Three Amigos and countless other movies were filmed in my "hometown" (after 18 years here, I still don't consider it my hometown, and I still miss San Francisco) :reject:

Tombstone, Young Guns, and Three Amigos are 3 of my favorite movies.

Los Cerrillos, New Mexico was used as Lincoln, New Mexico in Young Guns. :shifty: *has been to Los Cerrillos ..... several times*

says the movie :nerd:

Oooh, chocolate chips would be lovely in that. You're right - I'm not a fan of super sweet stuff, but I do like chocolate chips in banana bread that I get from a local coffee shop. I'll have to try that next time. :)

If he said the word reference, I'd take that to mean that you can put his info on your CV. It wouldn't hurt to clarify, but I can definitely see how that would be awkward.

In the email I wrote "I didn't think to ask you for a letter of recommendation since we've never offically worked together" so he doesn't think I expect one. :reject: I feel like such a school girl with this guy - wanting his approval / professional respect so much.

So I've heard. If I ever find myself up in Canada someday, I'll be sure to check out that city, definitely :). Any specific places (restaurants, theater, museums, whatever your city has) of note worth seeing?

Oh my god, I could go on for AGES about all the good stuff. I'll make up a list for you (and anyone else who wants it) this week. That will be a fun little side project for me. :)

OMG - he just wrote back "Anything you need from me to get the position. Both if you think it will help" Wow. This is me right now: :D :loveshower:

Yay!! :love:

Holy canole. :drool:

BonodouglasfrankeTheIvyattheShore.jpg

We put the mini chocolate chips in our banana bread. :love: It adds the chocolate chip taste without overpowering the banana bread.

Yay, zu! Yay for good, helpful people!

Oh my god, I could go on for AGES about all the good stuff. I'll make up a list for you (and anyone else who wants it) this week. That will be a fun little side project for me. :)

Hehe, glad I gave you something fun to do! Look forward to your suggestions :).

Nice picture of Bono there. Who's the guy he's with :p?

Holy canole. :drool:

BonodouglasfrankeTheIvyattheShore.jpg

Where? When? Seems like some random hotel worker, no?

And oh geez. I just told Theatre Guy the application deadline is next week. He asked if I could write the basic letter, then he'll edit it and sign in. Crap, I don't know what to say about me! *frantically looks through other rec letters floating around in my portfolio* Easy enough to ask for others to say nice things about you, easy enough to tell people why you're so great in an interview... HARD to put it on paper, in the 3rd person! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom