PGP: Detective Edge Awaits His Grape Jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what makes me happy?

That there have been no more of those pesky "ZOMG Bono looked like he was in pain!!!" comments that popped up after the Moscow (and another?) show.

That makes me happy to know it was nothing, people looking for something that wasn't there, or people shit-stirring. Whichever. I am happy about that.

/random drive-by while watching Project Runway

Funny I should come home to find Bedge gifs after last night. I'm not going to say anything except my subconscious has slipped a gear and my band member loyalty is shifting. :drool:

i tell you what I'm thrilled about.......
i've only had this @home net for 7 weeks....

Becuase of stuff that happened my income dropped some years back. I could look at tech stuff but not buy much , take years before I got such & such, or or luckily got used stuff from friends and sib.

Also in the NYC area comercial R&R was getting more restrictive, and finally the one free-form DJ left on commercial radio; who started on College Radio, went to 2 or 3 major commerical sations in this area for decades- was finally bounced off the commercial station (format chnge), went back to College radio where I had moved too far "south" to barely get that colleoge sation any more - totally messing with my abilty to follow alt/indie new music on the radio. :grumpy::grumpy:
I was reading tons of stuff about bands recording, visiting and local NYC scenes here an but not hearing 98% of it.

About 2 years ago a new staton took over another. They play classic, new and alt R&R. it's pretty great! But i don't always catch the name of song/band etc

SO last night i said :hmm: I should check out ITunes radio and :yippie: :yippie: it WORKED! I tuned into a station - had to pick one to start with :D. Within like 3 hours of being on here, and listening to that station I found out more names to songs/ name of bands to songs than i ever had in a years! :lol::hyper::heart:

It turned out i like a bunch of songs by The Foo Fighters- that I didn't know were theirs !:lol:
I reccently heard they're back in the studio....maybe a tourat some point> wooot i could go see them!

ooo thanks comet!:hug:

i should go to a good fan site and just catch up on everything ALSO find out when it's on in my area!

how is the "son" of one of the lead caharcters < he snatched the alt-dimension "son" to become his own> I saw the espoide where he told him the truth.

and since you're watching that are you a general fan of media & lit Science Fiction ( and i mean good stuff, tho we have our guilty pleasures i suppose) ?Or an occasional viewer/reader of it?

oh cori :hug:

me & cobl04 cleared things up :)
all is good:D

ETA
on other subject
if Project Runway is on cable, i don't have it.
But I do love fashion... . even haute cuisine..
I love looking at all the photos from all the big fashon shows around the world and here in NYC!
I don't have to like verything...and there are things I like that have gone "out of Fashion" at times but i still like them
My things are color & textures, types of fiting, and little detailings

you wouldn't think sometimes by the way i often dress ... my indulgence if nothing else is :heart: :drool: jewelry!

ooo thanks comet!:hug:

i should go to a good fan site and just catch up on everything ALSO find out when it's on in my area!

how is the "son" of one of the lead caharcters < he snatched the alt-dimension "son" to become his own> I saw the espoide where he told him the truth.

and since you're watching that are you a general fan of media & lit Science Fiction ( and i mean good stuff, tho we have our guilty pleasures i suppose) ?Or an occasional viewer/reader of it?

Hey daz :wave: I've always been a pretty big fan of Sci Fi my entire life. Movies, books, TV you name it. I've never met any member of U2 but I've met Leonard Nimoy... and the guy who played the Gorn in the original TV series of Star Trek! :happy:

:reject:
gornkirk.jpg

Anyway... :wink: My kids and I marathon watch a lot of TV shows. We either use Netflix or have the DVD's and watch all seasons from whichever show from beginning to end. Sometimes we have 4 or 5 different series going at once. Sci Fi is one of my favorites but I'm also a big fan of some shows like Dexter. We're currently on season 7 of X-Files. Even though I watched them all on TV during it's original run, it's fun now watching the whole thing over again. It's funny because I didn't remember it at the time, but this time we've been like Geeez would the 2 of you just freakiin KISS ALREADY!! :lol: (They finally did last night. :cute: )

Edit:

i see you comet!

I didn't know Fringe was now starting season 3 :(

catch up, catch up, catch up!!!! :runningsmilie: :wink:

I am a very slow typer. ;)

cool!
me too. I started with a book my dad had on his bureau i was ? 11. I was already reading like 4 grades above my grade.

I didin't understand it all but i was absolutely fascinated! became an SF Lifer!:lol::D Novels, best of short & novellas SF Stories, Trek:all series/ V old & new/ Alien Nation/ Babylon Five/ later on SG1..........
I catgch stuff on (SF Channel) Cable when i'm at my sib's house (apt sitting)

Have you ever rerad any of David Brin's Uplift Series ( 2 sets of trilogies):drool:

then I like certain Crime/Police Shows, Poltical Thrillers & Romantic Comedies are my general viewings besides SF
But in general NO horror, or serial killer stuff :yikes: :handsovereyes:

and non-fiction stuff too

how fun to have a family TV series Marathon! I remember you said you were going through X-Files. :D

neat, meeting LN!

:yes:

<---geek.

(and no, sorry I haven't read that series you mentioned)

(oh dang the arrow was supposed to point to my name, but instead it's saying Bono and Edge are geeks, oh well!)

well some people do call Edge at least geeky- don't they? :D

I highly recomment it ...
it's got incredible world/ galactic space-faring civilaztion ...wild astro & quantum physics
...action.....drama.... politics.. mystery...greatly drawn characters whether humans , an amazing variety of sapients (aliens) so that there are great momernts of quiet contemplation, intimancy as well as the drama.
and ecologocal bent as well.

i guess if you ever wanted to start with one...Startide Rising would be the one...

...And now the new muscle relaxer I'm on has taken effect. Good night to whoever's still up! :wave:*sneaks Edge out to my giant pillow nest of doom*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom