PGP: Chin rodents and greasy mullets are not allowed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big toes in general, or extra toes as in Hemingway cats??

I would sink a jewel in the ocean for you, my dear. :kiss:

:censored:
Larry could sink his....
nevermind :reject:

Apropos of nothing, I was just thinking. Remembering. I was a fairly mature kid, being around adults all the time (my brother and sister are 12 and 15 years older than me)...he would call our house to talk to my brother when I was 10. I'd answer the phone, and then he would spend the next 20 minutes chatting with me, laughing about stupid things. Then I'd put my brother on, and they'd talk for two minutes. He came to my wedding. When Sarah was a tiny baby, I took her to "meet" him. When my dad died, he was around a lot for the next 6 months. Just hanging out. When we had my mom's 80th birthday party a few years ago, it was me who insisted we invite him, and he came.

And I really don't know what my point is... :lol: I guess I just miss him sometimes. :) But it's this bizarre mixture of big brother-worship/inappropriate crush/I don't even know.

:cute: I don't think there's anything inappropriate about that. I think you guys should get married and then Rob Reiner should make a movie about your crazy parallel lives.

My sisters range from 11-21 yrs older than me. :hi5:

I'm 7-16 years older than my brothers and sisters.

They are singing 'Hallelujah' on the Emmys. It makes me think they should have had Bono come in to sing this. Aside from Jeff Buckley (rest your sweet soul) he's the best I've heard.

*sigh* I think I'm gonna be on hiatus for a little while, guys. I've got a lot of work to do and have hit a pretty low note in my life. I need to finish everything the hell up and forget someone exists :|

:censored:
Larry could sink his....
nevermind :reject:

:cute: I don't think there's anything inappropriate about that. I think you guys should get married and then Rob Reiner should make a movie about your crazy parallel lives.

:lol: Thanks for indulging my crazy reminiscences. :hug: I have this cousin who is 5 years older than me, we were bffs growing up, still close now, but not quite like we were when we were kids. After meeting him a handful of times back then, she developed a crush on him, and I was all "wtf, he's this bizarre, odd-duck friend of my brother's, he's not an object of romantic desire, are you nuts??" That didn't last long, and it wasn't till after I separated from my ex husband that I started to question how I feel about him. He's just always been this amazing presence in my life that I've always adored.

I've mentioned on here before, this friend of my brother's who recorded demos at Daniel Lanois's studio back in the 70s when he was just getting going? That was him. In his younger incarnations, he was a talented guitarist/songwriter, who did demos with Lanois, to send to studios to try to get other artists to record. My brother actually played drums with him on a few of those sessions.

Grace—No, it's not Larry (you made me laugh there, good job ;)) It's actually a family member and I'm not going to go into it, he's in a worse downwards spiral than me so I should probably stop complaining.

(I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me; I keep having really good days and then the next day something happens...)

My sisters range from 11-21 yrs older than me. :hi5:

:hi5: This will come in handy in our crazy cat lady colony...somehow. :wink:

*sigh* I think I'm gonna be on hiatus for a little while, guys. I've got a lot of work to do and have hit a pretty low note in my life. I need to finish everything the hell up and forget someone exists :|

Oh no! Did anything specific happen?

I actually have a bunch of advice about your education, but I've never wanted to come across as an older know-it-all :blahblah: so I never wanted to say anything.

It's not my education. Well, I have too much shite to do, but that's beside the point. I have been unable to get stuff done, though, which just makes me feel worthless. All I've been able to accomplish lately is food (I made a shitload of food for dinner...etc...)

I think it's really unfair time machines don't exist. There are a couple concerts that would cheer me up perfectly :hmm:

Besides that if I go back in time, my homework doesn't exist.

I hope things work out Katie. Remember, you have friends here should you ever feel the need to talk! Take care!:hug:

It's not my education. Well, I have too much shite to do, but that's beside the point. I have been unable to get stuff done, though, which just makes me feel worthless. All I've been able to accomplish lately is food (I made a shitload of food for dinner...etc...)

I don't know. Feel free to completely discount this, because I'm basically talking out my my ass, but the impression I've gotten is that you're not that interested in some of the areas you're being made to study right now? My advice would be, that even if some things don't seem to relate to what you want, to try to see the underlying relevance and how it might make you a better artist, and to immerse yourself into it. Friends will still be there, family will still be there, interference will still be there, but right now you have this amazing opportunity to learn more about something that is a passion of yours, so take advantage of it. Look at it as less of a chore and more as an opportunity.

Again, feel free to ignore if you want. I don't know your situation or what you're going through. :)

Also, the first year of university and being so far away from family and friends is fucking hard for anyone - so cut yourself some slack. :hug: Maybe try to use your art as an escape from all that?

I may have to ignore that for art history...and I did my work for the weird-ass assignment in another class but am waiting on someone else before I can be done *sigh*

So I've got nothing, tomorrow. And my fabulous weekend seems very lacking in the face of 'what the fuck were you doing that you don't have your shit together, Katie'.

I like my classes, mostly, it's just some of the mediums and all the work that gives me no time that's giving me shit.

But this isn't even relevant. I'm just on the wrong end of the country right now and it's really sucky to realize you love someone way back at the other end and

it'd be a bad idea to make that into a relationship anyway.

:hi5: This will come in handy in our crazy cat lady colony...somehow. :wink:

Oh no! Did anything specific happen?

I actually have a bunch of advice about your education, but I've never wanted to come across as an older know-it-all :blahblah: so I never wanted to say anything.

:cute:
Loved your advice, btw.

:lol: Thanks for indulging my crazy reminiscences. :hug: I have this cousin who is 5 years older than me, we were bffs growing up, still close now, but not quite like we were when we were kids. After meeting him a handful of times back then, she developed a crush on him, and I was all "wtf, he's this bizarre, odd-duck friend of my brother's, he's not an object of romantic desire, are you nuts??" That didn't last long, and it wasn't till after I separated from my ex husband that I started to question how I feel about him. He's just always been this amazing presence in my life that I've always adored.

I've mentioned on here before, this friend of my brother's who recorded demos at Daniel Lanois's studio back in the 70s when he was just getting going? That was him. In his younger incarnations, he was a talented guitarist/songwriter, who did demos with Lanois, to send to studios to try to get other artists to record. My brother actually played drums with him on a few of those sessions.

I think there comes a time in your life when certain lines get erased. Even when I was a sophomore in college, one of my brother's long time friends kinda hit on me at my brother's wedding. My brother thought it was more cute and funny than weird or wrong.

okay, speaking of "apropos of nothing", Skype has an emo smilie - where the little smilie brushes the bangs out of his eyes and then they fall down into his eyes again :lol:

:cute:
Loved your advice, btw.

I think there comes a time in your life when certain lines get erased. Even when I was a sophomore in college, one of my brother's long time friends kinda hit on me at my brother's wedding. My brother thought it was more cute and funny than weird or wrong.

I think my advice (not that it will be helpful or anything) came from attending university as an adult. Sure, some shit is boring, but it ultimately gets you where you want to go, you know? I do think it's easier to appreciate it when you've been away from school for a while, though.

Aw! So what happened with you guys?

There's just this weird, emotional attachment there. It's not unusual for us to go two or three years without talking, but when we do, it's really intense. And to be honest, the past few times of this cycle, I've almost been expecting something to happen. :reject: Just a vibe I've gotten.

I may have to ignore that for art history...and I did my work for the weird-ass assignment in another class but am waiting on someone else before I can be done *sigh*

So I've got nothing, tomorrow. And my fabulous weekend seems very lacking in the face of 'what the fuck were you doing that you don't have your shit together, Katie'.

I like my classes, mostly, it's just some of the mediums and all the work that gives me no time that's giving me shit.

But this isn't even relevant. I'm just on the wrong end of the country right now and it's really sucky to realize you love someone way back at the other end and

it'd be a bad idea to make that into a relationship anyway.

yeah, long distance, especially clear across the country is probably not a good idea, but sucks to realize that you want something when you can't have it.

Also, there's just absolutely no way...I mean, it's definitely not happening, so I should forget about it. But it hurts to care that much.

Go find a local guy and get laid pronto. :hug:

:lol:

I'd a-have to be a pro at finding better places than my dorm room. These blinds :crack: they do not work.

Oh and no lie,

tumblr_lkfvigpeJ31qhtl9zo1_400.png

I could just spill random crap and pretend it's my homework. Maybe.

:lol:

I'd a-have to be a pro at finding better places than my dorm room. These blinds :crack: they do not work.

Oh and no lie,

tumblr_lkfvigpeJ31qhtl9zo1_400.png

I could just spill random crap and pretend it's my homework. Maybe.

:lol: The life of a fine arts student. I say this with affection, but suck it up sweetheart...that's the nature of the beast you've gotten yourself involved in. :)

I guess above all else...believe in your talent. I KNOW you're talented, from what I've seen you post here. Don't ever let anyone make you doubt that. :) School is just shit you need to go through to hone it and make it marketable.

Yes.

:wink:

Oh and I'll live through teachers yelling and bullcrap. I've just gotta remember that doesn't matter so long as it's only 1 class a semester I fuck up on :crack:

You'll be fine. :hug: Like I said, it's a huge adjustment, not just academically, but socially. My daughter's first year, she cried every night for the first week...and she's only an hour away from home! You'll find your niche. What you're going through is very normal.

Back
Top Bottom