PGP - are you too good to show us your bloopers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to try that program you mentioned. (was it in the other thread? I forgot to write it down :reject: can you tell me again? And Gg let us know how it works for you!

:sad: The program said dvd was successfully burned, but dvdplayer can't read it, when I put it back in my laptop it says 0 bytes used, 0 bytes available. It fucked up and I don't get it.

Ugh, that's so frustrating trying to get it right the first few times. :hug:

Worst part is that 5 double layer dvds cost me 20 euros. :| So that's 4 euros down the drain already. Now I'm shit scared to try again in case I fuck up again. Which I don't know if I will because I have no clue what went wrong. It said it burned successfully!

I see your not drunk .to type more than one word wrong :up: You'll never get drunk
Wich sometimes is a good thing ;)

Wow! Are you realistically going to be able to do that on so little sleep? Do you have someone to at least split the driving with?

I don't mean to sound preachy, just concerned. :hug: I just know how exhausting doing multiple consecutive shows in GA is.

Oh yeah, there's gonna be two of us in the car minimum at all times so we're taking turns. Plus we're splitting the long drive from Chicago to Montreal into two days so we'll have a night to get a lot of rest.

Thanks VP :hug: You're very sweet.

ZOMG - yeah, you might die from that. I know I'd get sick. I'd wind up with a cold/flu. After Phx/Vegas/Pasadena last year I had no voice - actually by Pasadena I sounded like Kathleen Turner and by the end of the show I wasn't even making any noise when I screamed. :lol:

:lol: Just a silent scream.

I'm expecting to need a week to recover after all the trips are over :wink:

I see your not drunk .to type more than one word wrong :up: You'll never get drunk
Wich sometimes is a good thing ;)

Even with 7 beer I still type better than you. :wink: And four of those were thrown back at once for the Estafette.
It's a good thing to have high alcohol tolerance, but can be annoying at times. When everyone else around you is completely wasted, and you're just... meh. It's boring.

90549483.jpg

:ohmy: Bonogasm?

Even with 7 beer I still type better than you. :wink: And four of those were thrown back at once for the Estafette.
It's a good thing to have high alcohol tolerance, but can be annoying at times. When everyone else around you is completely wasted, and you're just... meh. It's boring.

Good thing my insanity level adapts so quickly, all the people around my work / school / concerts are crazy without even one drop of booze.
Take Gerard for example :lol: That was only 3 minutes of talking to him.
You'll always type better probably. Speak better for sure :wink:

Wild! :tongue:

You have a cd drive, don't you? You should, unless your computer is ancient. :lol:

What operating system do you use? You can go into your control panel and look at the system or device manager information and find the brand of your drive, and then google it. If you'd like steps to do this, let me know, but I need to know your operating system to give you exact instructions. :)

Ok if I'm even looking at the correct thing it says I have Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
System type- 64-bit operating System
the computer is a Toshiba Satellite (of loooove) ( :rolleyes: ) A505
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz

is that what I needed? Now you say google it? You mean google the speed of my burner? ( :uhoh: )

How on earth did you guys figure this stuff out? LOL!

:sad: The program said dvd was successfully burned, but dvdplayer can't read it, when I put it back in my laptop it says 0 bytes used, 0 bytes available. It fucked up and I don't get it.

Oh no :(

(iz scareded now)

Good thing my insanity level adapts so quickly, all the people around my work / school / concerts are crazy without even one drop of booze.
Take Gerard for example :lol: That was only 3 minutes of talking to him.
You'll always type better probably. Speak better for sure :wink:

Wild! :tongue:
Heh, he was awesome. :love:

If I'm drunk posting, I'll still usually very anal retentive about correcting all my typos.

:nerd:
I am like tha tnormally. Right now? I can't be arsed. too relaxed.
Ok if I'm even looking at the correct thing it says I have Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
System type- 64-bit operating System
the computer is a Toshiba Satellite (of loooove) ( :rolleyes: ) A505
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz

is that what I needed? Now you say google it? You mean google the speed of my burner? ( :uhoh: )

Oh no :(

(iz scareded now)
Well ti could just be my laptop or me who fuckewd up. Maybe my laptop isn't able to write dual layers? though I thought that if so it would says o or just burn a normal layer dvd or something. Maybe my dvd player cannot read them, nor my laptop. or something equally fucked up. I just do not know.

Last edited:

A lot of trial and error, unfortunately. I do go through a lot of blank discs when I'm using a new program or burning a new type of DVD, like a dual-layer.

Usually I will Google for instructions on how to burn specific things using whatever program you have (like "how to burn dual layer DVD with ImgBurn"), and that's been very helpful.

It sucks, and it's frustrating, and sometimes a little pricey doing the trial and error, especially when you can't figure out what the problem is. :(

A lot of trial and error, unfortunately. I do go through a lot of blank discs when I'm using a new program or burning a new type of DVD, like a dual-layer.

Usually I will Google for instructions on how to burn specific things using whatever program you have (like "how to burn dual layer DVD with ImgBurn"), and that's been very helpful.

It sucks, and it's frustrating, and sometimes a little pricey doing the trial and error, especially when you can't figure out what the problem is. :(

That's another confusing thing. I couldn't find an option to set what kind of dvd I was using. Couldn't set it to DL or something.

Currently Playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooNFf-ZDLbI
:drool: I've fallen in love with this song all over again - to think I witnessed it live only to have a complete black-out of the entire happening:doh: I guess that's what hardcore-fanboy-joy overload does to you :lol:

Lucky! I'd love to see them do that song.

Honestly, I might start from scratch and capture the ones I want to keep from YouTube and burn them again - might be easier.

I'll echo my earlier comment about the ease of using ImgBurn, a free burning program. Love it. :up:
Huh. The program I mentioned seems to handle You Tube videos okay. And IMGBurn is the one I mentioned that I use for ISOs, but I've never used it for anything else. I've just found that using freeware for burning regular dvds, I've never had much luck.

Yeah, I do torrents. Torrents are actually easier when it comes to the burning, because the information on the site will tell you if it's 1 DVD or 2 DVDs, if it's a dual-layer, or an HD DVD (which I can't burn, so boo).

I might have to come back to this thread later and try to convert/burn YouTube videos this weekend.

You can't do dual layer, or HD, or both? I'm not sure if I've ever tried HD, I must have though, I think...but dual layer, my program handles fine, it shrinks them down to single layer size.

Wow. :( When you clicked on the file in your computer, and then it opened the dvd file, did you click on the video_ts.ifo file? That's the one that you want, in order to burn the audio and video. You can also expand the boxes within the program to make sure that the file you've selected has both an audio and a video file.

I'd try it out on cheaper disks. That's a lot of money to waste. :(

What program are you using to burn the DVD?

Are these files you downloaded from a torrent site? Or somewhere else?

Huh. The program I mentioned seems to handle You Tube videos okay. And IMGBurn is the one I mentioned that I use for ISOs, but I've never used it for anything else. I've just found that using freeware for burning regular dvds, I've never had much luck.

I have a few other freeware programs that will convert some file types to others that will work with ImgBurn. I think there are still a few file types I can't figure out. We'll see what happens with the YouTube ones.

You can't do dual layer, or HD, or both?

I can't do HD. It took me two tries last week to do the DL, and using some online instructions and trouble-shooting, it worked!

I can't remember why I can't do HD - either it's because I don't have the right software to burn them, or because they wouldn't play in my DVD player or TV? I remember reading up on the files when the HD DVDs started showing up on U2Torrents, and had come to the conclusion that I just couldn't do it.

Plus, the files are huuuuuge, and they take a lot longer to download. So far, I haven't missed out on too many bootleg DVDs because of this, but I'm sure I'll reach a point where I'll go back to the drawing board to see what I need to remedy to be able to do them.

Wow. :( When you clicked on the file in your computer, and then it opened the dvd file, did you click on the video_ts.ifo file? That's the one that you want, in order to burn the audio and video. You can also expand the boxes within the program to make sure that the file you've selected has both an audio and a video file.

I'd try it out on cheaper disks. That's a lot of money to waste. :(

I put every file I downloaed in the torrent in. Everything in the video_TS folder.

Video_ts.bup
video_ts.ifo
video_ts.vob
vts_01_0.bup
vts_01_0.ifo

And more .vob files..

it said it was a dvd with little over 2 hours of material, which is correct. Also said it burned correctly, which it shouldn't if it didn't go well.

Back
Top Bottom