PGP- Angel of Harlem--oh the torture of it all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes!

I need to find a zip files program so I can send something to Wild ...

it's an iTune she can't buy in the UK but I can buy here ... :shh:

Is that avatar of Bono in that little kids video? :giggle:

Last edited:
It goes okay. I'm here instead of doing the 12 more productive things I was going to do today. I do need to sign off soon and go do at least one of those productive things. What else is new?

:lol:

How's things with you, Diane?

Well, my life is same old, same old. I told you about being paid less for my latest magazine assignment. I have to write two articles for them today, and I am in NO MOOD to do so.

There is nothing like a writing deadline to make me want to clean my apartment! I've been doing that in between reading posts. I have a lot of stuff underneath my desk that's been there for way too long, so I've been unearthing books and videos and such from there. What little organizing I've done the past week has made me happy, so I want to continue.

jobob said:
Wow, I just realized I've posted over 1,500 times. Not that anything special happens at that number, but go me. :giggle:

Yay you!!! :dance: :dance:

When I joined this website, I was sure I was not going to post much. The Setlist Parties and PGP have really upped my post count considerably, with all the hi's and bye's and such...!!!!

Diane L said:
Well, my life is same old, same old. I told you about being paid less for my latest magazine assignment. I have to write two articles for them today, and I am in NO MOOD to do so.

There is nothing like a writing deadline to make me want to clean my apartment! I've been doing that in between reading posts. I have a lot of stuff underneath my desk that's been there for way too long, so I've been unearthing books and videos and such from there. What little organizing I've done the past week has made me happy, so I want to continue.

Funny thing about deadlines making you want to do something else, isn't it?

What magazine are you writing for, and what are the articles about?

I should be at work myself, cleaning up my desk and catching up on the pile in my inbox while the office is quiet. But look where I am ....

Here's an example of why I can be so stupid sometimes:

So I'm sitting here wondering why my new iPod has no sound while I'm playing the SYCMIOYO video and "Desperate Housewives" episodes.

I forgot two things:

A. It's charging.
B. My little white headphones.

:banghead: Sometimes, I swear, I just overlook the obvious.

And yet, they let me earn college degrees and let me live on my own and hold a job and drive a car and use the Internet and travel to U2 shows and everything. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The articles are for a Diet and Exercise magazine that I've worked on for a long time...I'm not saying the name because of things I've said in the past about the place...but it's that sort of thing. I can write it in my sleep at this point...I'm just dragging my heels.

It's more fun to unearth things that I haven't seen since I moved in five years ago and toss old files and stuff. Cleaning is so cleansing!!!

As for the iPod, well, I'm the Queen of Obliviousness, so I've done a lot worse things, believe me!

Diane L said:

As for the iPod, well, I'm the Queen of Obliviousness, so I've done a lot worse things, believe me!

My best oblivious story was when I was 11 and camping with my father and brother at a state campground. They were pitching our tent while I was sitting on the campsite's picnic table, filling out the site registration form.

The form asked if we had all the equipment at the site: Trash bin, barbeque gril, fire pit. We did, so I checked those things off.

"Where's the picnic table?" I asked them.

They looked -- I was sitting at it.

For the rest of Dad's life, he loved to ask me "Where's the picnic table?" whenever he thought I was being clueless.

Diane L said:
I can't remember any particular story offhand, but I know I'm the kind of person who misses a lot that's going on around me. I tend to live in my own little world...

I've been accused of doing that more than once. :wink:

In fact, I used "in my own little world" as my location here not that long ago.

I've been wishing that I can make it to the Cleveland show. ETS appears to have GAs still, and I'm starting to long for the GA experience. I've been telling myself that Brooklyn was my GA, but I guess I just want to see Our Guys as close up and personal as possible...

...how I would pay for this, I have no clue. I still don't have the $$ for Boston, and it's about a month away...

Diane L said:
I've been wishing that I can make it to the Cleveland show. ETS appears to have GAs still, and I'm starting to long for the GA experience. I've been telling myself that Brooklyn was my GA, but I guess I just want to see Our Guys as close up and personal as possible...

...how I would pay for this, I have no clue. I still don't have the $$ for Boston, and it's about a month away...

I have a spare ticket for Cleveland. It's an upper level seat, but it gets you into the building... and I'm looking for someone to share a hotel room with me and to go either to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with me or wait at the loading docks for the band the afternoon before the show ... :wink:

jobob said:

I have a spare ticket for Cleveland. It's an upper level seat, but it gets you into the building... and I'm looking for someone to share a hotel room with me and to go either to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with me or wait at the loading docks for the band the afternoon before the show ... :wink:

:hmm: *starts forming plan* Jobob, we'll have to discuss this further...I have to check out airplane fares and/or Amtrak (I'd prefer to take the train, but it would be a LONG ride.) I'll PM you by Tuesday with an answer...!

The ellipse was so much fun in Detroit. It was one of the best times of my life. (Maybe I don't get out much, but it's true.)

That said, I don't think I want to wait in a GA line in downtown Cleveland in mid-December (insert shivering, teeth-rattling similie).

jobob said:
The ellipse was so much fun in Detroit. It was one of the best times of my life. (Maybe I don't get out much, but it's true.)

That said, I don't think I want to wait in a GA line in downtown Cleveland in mid-December (insert shivering, teeth-rattling similie).

I think I'd take my chances with the possible ticket beep rather than wait in the cold. I could always stand by the soundboard, which I understand is a good vantage point if you're not up close.

Hi Wild!!! :hug: :wave:

Cheapest Amtrak fare is $120 round-trip. The good news is there is one daily train that makes the trip from New York without switching trains. The bad news is that train on Sunday, 12/11, leaves Cleveland at 4:10 am!!!!!!

WildHoney said:
:scream: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo i just missed Jem :grumpy:

Wild, I'm trying to figure out how to send you that file -- it's just over Yahoo's e-mail limit for an attachment. :mad:

Diane, I'm not sure what the major airline is in and out of Cleveland ... but, heck, you're a librarian! You can search for cheap air fares as well as I can! :wink:

Much as I'd love to stay and chat, I have to take a quick shower and go accomplish something today.

Bye, all. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom