Pauatahanui, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay, I thought it was stronger. I had an ABC shot once, which is Absinthe, Bacardi I think and something else, and it destroyed me.

I'll have them when they're cheap, but at the local club they're 10 bucks, and because you have to have a ton to get drunker, it's not really worth it.

No sarcasm? :lol: It was a pretty messy night. I hate the taste.

Ugh, well, don't judge absinthe until you do it properly, not in one of those disgusting shots. Absinthe really shouldn't be shot at all, let alone mixed with other drinks. I won't say that it should be illegal, obviously, but it sure is fucking dumb to advertise that kind of thing. This isn't a comment on what you did, more to the dickweeds that sell the shots.

Yeah, well they can be on special on some nights of course, but overall I'll only have them if someone else is buying them. ;) And that usually happens, to get the party going and whatnot.

No sarcasm! Seriously, I can imagine that happening, I thought it was pretty fucking funny.

Ok, I gotta go now, really must get some sleep!
I'll be back to regale you all with boring stories about my first day at uni tomorrow evening.

Seeya! :wave:

Ugh, well, don't judge absinthe until you do it properly, not in one of those disgusting shots. Absinthe really shouldn't be shot at all, let alone mixed with other drinks. I won't say that it should be illegal, obviously, but it sure is fucking dumb to advertise that kind of thing. This isn't a comment on what you did, more to the dickweeds that sell the shots.

Yeah, well they can be on special on some nights of course, but overall I'll only have them if someone else is buying them. ;) And that usually happens, to get the party going and whatnot.

No sarcasm! Seriously, I can imagine that happening, I thought it was pretty fucking funny.

True, don't really know why they have it. It's relatively cheap, and very strong. The proper way has to do with sugar yeah? They make money from it :shrug:

Haha, everyone loves a few quick 'bombs.

Cheers :lol:, I was pretty paralytic. My mates still bag me about it, a year on. They wouldn't be laughing had the wolves attacked. :tsk:

I try.

Kipper and the Corpse.

The one where...

that's the name of a Fawlty Towers ep too.

Why didn't it end after about season 9? WHY.

(Though the movie wasn't all bad.)

I ain't seen the movie. Well, I probably have, because it's always being played on the TVs in the windows at Dick Smiths at Marion Shopping Centre, but I haven't heard any of the laugh riot gags, bar the trailers, and the highlarious jokes about the kid Lisa likes being the offspring of Bono.

Ok, I gotta go now, really must get some sleep!
I'll be back to regale you all with boring stories about my first day at uni tomorrow evening.

Seeya! :wave:

Me too :D

I ain't seen the movie. Well, I probably have, because it's always being played on the TVs in the windows at Dick Smiths at Marion Shopping Centre, but I haven't heard any of the laugh riot gags, bar the trailers, and the highlarious jokes about the kid Lisa likes being the offspring of Bono.

It's good, if a little overrated. The Schwarzenegger rip-off as governer was pretty funny.

My favourite ep meanwhile, is an old one, where Homer starts to lose his hair, I think? and that guy named Karl comes in and motivates Homer and he gets promoted, etc.

Also the one where they move towns and Homer works for that guy, can't remember the name, who runs a huge corporation while at the same time being a terrorist.

Also the one where they move towns and Homer works for that guy, can't remember the name, who runs a huge corporation while at the same time being a terrorist.

HANK SCORPIO!

I love that episode.

True, don't really know why they have it. It's relatively cheap, and very strong. The proper way has to do with sugar yeah? They make money from it :shrug:

Cheers :lol:, I was pretty paralytic. My mates still bag me about it, a year on. They wouldn't be laughing had the wolves attacked. :tsk:

The one where...

Yeah, I know, I wasn't referring to the Simpsons.

The one where...

Cheap, hmm, I guess so. Bottles go from about $50-100+ depending on the brand. I have a bottle that cost about $75. The best I've had cost a bit more than that. There's a slight differentiation between French style and Czech style absinthe, both are pretty nice if you get the right ones, though. I guess since you might not notice the subtleties because it's like fucking 80% is that basically Czech absinthe doesn't cloud up when you add water, and French absinthe does. Both look like toxic chemicals. The first sip I ever had of absinthe, I thought I wouldn't be able to use my throat again for anything.

Yeah, pretty much. Depends who's paying, though!

Ah, everyone gets times like this. I mean once when I was 16 I got so drunk on goon that when the bong was passed to me, I was blowing out rather than in, and it was just really embarrassing, because it was in the dark outside around a fire, and people had to go looking for the cone because I blew it out. It was dreadful. I actually consider that more distressing a memory than the couple of times I've been carried back home. At least I don't remember them.

Wait, you guys weren't talking about Fawltys?

HANK SCORPIO!

I love that episode.

ME TOO! Hank Scorpio is fucking amazing.

Other favourite episodes: both Who Shot Mr. Burns', Lemon of Troy, Marge in Chains, Homer's Triple Bypass and pretty much any good Lionel Hutz episode. And plenty of others, naturally.

Well I wasn't talking about Fawlty Towers. :lol: I thought it was the Simpsons. Anyway..

THE GERMANS is my favourite. Laughed uncontrollably for half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom