Ottawa Presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demonseed

Babyface
Former-prop member in Ottawa here. I have a question or more of a concern. The corel centre does not use ticketmaster but rather capital tickets. Do you think our presale (or pre-presale for former-prop members) codes will work?

The capitaltickets.ca website seems to have a Presale link when you log in. I'm not sure if that was ever there before.

i don't know if that presale link was there before.

similarly, montreal tickets will most likely be sold through admission.com. they don't appear to have anything set up yet.

I've bought pre-sale tickets for another show before at the corel centre through capitaltickets - I'm just wondering if they will honour the prop members pre-presale on Tuesday

demonseed said:
Former-prop member in Ottawa here. I have a question or more of a concern. The corel centre does not use ticketmaster but rather capital tickets. Do you think our presale (or pre-presale for former-prop members) codes will work?

Hi!

I just got off the phone with Capital Tickets, and the rep told me that U2.com will be linking the presale for Ottawa with Capital Tickets, but they don't have anything to do with it (does that make any sense?). She seemed a little sketch, but she assured me that U2.com members in Ottawa will get a pre-sale.

-Amal

The concert now appears on the capitaltickets.ca website, but there is no specific information about the presale or where the code would be entered. Has anyone heard any updates about doing the presale for Ottawa?

Last edited:
Im looking for tickets to the Buffalo show on 12/9 and im under the same boat. Buffalo deals with tickets.com for its venue and not ticketmaster.com I tried to contact ticket.com and they have told me that there is no word on ANY presale for the Buffalo show :yikes:

sard43x and nt2626.... In my u2.com presale info email it says Buffalo is next Week (Tuesday March 15th - Thursday March 17th)

Got a response from capitaltickets.ca, who say they will have nothing to do with any of the presale, and that it would be through u2.com only.

It will be interesting to see how this works as Ottawa isn't even listed on the u2.com presale page. The Montreal link is, but it's just a link to its ticket distributor. If they do the same for Ottawa, and capitaltickets.ca has nothing to do with the presale, we'll be in a bit of a jam!

Another update:
The capitaltickets.ca rep on the phone said that she thinks that the U2.com link for the presale for Ottawa should link to the capitaltickets.ca website, where we should be able to enter in the passcode. However, she said this after originally saying the capitaltickets.ca website would have NOTHING to do with the presale and that there is NO WAY than can sell tickets before the general sale date.

It seems, at least today, that a lot will depend on capitaltickets.ca enabling the passcodes to allow ticket sales beforehand. I'm not getting a lot of confidence though....

I don't see how anyone else but the ticket provider could do the pre-sale. U2.com doesn't do pre-sales, all they can do is provide the links. That would mean that capitaltickets and Admission will have to dot the pre-sales for Ottawa and Montreal. I also hope they figure everything out before Tuesday... Is there a way to contact U2.com about this in advance?

I'm starting to sweat...I think they'll have it worked out but I'm kinda paranoid.

Has anyone had any luck with Fanfire?

Maybe I'll try giving Capitaltickets a call...

SOme more news...

Capitaltickets.ca is saying ticketmaster will handle the presale. All other tickets will be via capitaltickets.ca.

I'm envisioning a nightmare of showing up in November and having a Corel centre staff reject my ticket because it's on ticketmaster paper stock!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom