Oscars Talk Thread 2013: It's a big night for Affleck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet Affleck wins for his racist, stealin-canadian-glory, history-rewritin' film

as terrible as 'based on a true story' Argo is
it is not near as bad as Lincoln, which is mostly crap

ZDT, the raid part is pretty much spot on, but a lot of crap before that,

so as bad as Argo is, it is the least bad of those 3.

And yes, i know the Canadians were most responsible for this event with a little assist from the US and CIA, and the film has it the other way around.

I was watching E! red carpet and Ryan Seacrest was interviewing Jennifer Lawrence. She said she was starving and wanted to know where the food was.

She was in the Hunger Games, right? Interesting way to promote for later this year.

I bet Affleck wins for his racist, stealin-canadian-glory, history-rewritin' film

I'm both glad and angry that I read about what was true and what was fiction, but the whole of the "We're America fuck yeah, did it on our own bitches" bit just killed Afleck for me in every way pretty much.

Hey deep! Anne Hathaway's nips are showing - just for you :yes:

I was wondering if those were nipples, or just unfortunately placed seams.

I was too, but then I saw Ryan Seacrest interview her. Yep, she was happy to see him.

That rock you've been living under, is it comfortable? Do you have much space to move around?

:lol: Her comment is going to go viral now. It already has a few memes already.

I like it when actresses are honest about how they have to go without food to look like that. Go on, ladies. Admit you're hungry. :up:

Proposition: The Red Carpet Show is the woman equivalent of the NFL Pre-Super Bowl talking heads

FASHION ALERT: Prada is dressing Christoph Waltz and David O. Russell

An octopus chose the 49ers to win

"Ronald Reagan was an actor who really was President."

The E news reel is gold

The genius behind the E! News Reel:

comic.php

first we appropriate your cultural legacy, then we author restrictive media-rights deals keeping the Oscars off Canadian network television!

first we appropriate your cultural legacy, then we author restrictive media-rights deals keeping the Oscars off Canadian network television!

Oh wait... I might actually get it. I downgraded my cable in favour of AppleTV/Netflix/Hulu/etc but I must still get some of the regular channels

Well would ya look at that. I have it on tv. Thanks mobvok!

But I should add that your racist entertainment industry makes it so I have to pay some company for a remote IP address in order to use Netflix and Hulu. Racists

No cheating!

Six Clooney categories:

Best Picture (Argo)
Director (Good Night and Good Luck?)
Actor
Supporting Actor
...The two screenplay categories?
Did he sing on the O Brother soundtrack?

I missed a bunch of shiny dresses because I had to go get my dinner (hey, sushi). But my favorite of those I saw was Amanda Seyfried's.

Also, unrelated to the Oscars, but since we're talking about actresses and I just really wanted to say this ... I watched a 2011 episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (don't judge me), and Rose McGowan was the guest star.

What the frell did Rose McGowan do to her face? Jesus, she looked just terrible.

open your eyes, bitch

(that was in reference to Zellweger's lemon sucking face.. not Cori)

Back
Top Bottom