Orange Free State, South Africa superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
My iTunes is capable of converting WMA to MP3 or M4A ...
for real? maybe it's because you're using a pc to play music (i assume)? it's been so long since i've used itunes on a pc i can't remember if it accepted wma files or not. but i highlighted them and tried to add them and it didn't work. i could convert them but it's too much work.

KhanadaRhodes said:

for real? maybe it's because you're using a pc to play music (i assume)? it's been so long since i've used itunes on a pc i can't remember if it accepted wma files or not. but i highlighted them and tried to add them and it didn't work. i could convert them but it's too much work.

I'm using a pc. I wonder if mine will convert them.

oh jesus christ. i was updating security questions for a credit card and one of the choices was "what city were you in on new year's eve 1999?" i don't even remember! does that make me old?

I so need to play DI next round.

Is it too early to start planning? :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

Hmm. I know for a fact I converted WMA --> MP3 on my PC, but I use iTunes on my Mac nowadays. Can't recall if any of my attempts to do conversions from WMA were on a Mac though.

I use iTunes 6 on both.

Axver said:
PFan, Station To Station is a very good song, memorable and sustains itself well for its length. Great way to open your playlist.

I think due to your reaction to that track (one of my favorites) and your reaction to Low, I'm going to send you the other five tracks from the Station to Station album tomorrow.

RegularBonoFan said:
I so need to play DI next round.

Is it too early to start planning? :hmm:

Some people began their DI IV playlists during DI III - myself included. I have an entire quadrilogy of playlists of which my DI III playlist is the first quarter. However, I don't feel so strongly about it now, so my DI IV entry is not related to what I had previously made as a sequel to DI III. It's just a stand-alone tracklist.

Axver said:
Hmm. I know for a fact I converted WMA --> MP3 on my PC, but I use iTunes on my Mac nowadays. Can't recall if any of my attempts to do conversions from WMA were on a Mac though.

I use iTunes 6 on both.
:hmm: i have itunes 7 on my mac. but i don't recall ever being able to load a wma file on here.

phillyfan26 said:

I think due to your reaction to that track (one of my favorites) and your reaction to Low, I'm going to send you the other five tracks from the Station to Station album tomorrow.

Cool, thanks. :up:

I think this Frusciante track works well after Station To Station. It's not a bad song, though not going to become a favourite either.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i finished the first disc for my submission pretty much right after the last tournament ended! i was surprised it held up as well as it did (in my opinion, at least).
:hmm: *goes to B+C to review the rules again*

Khan, I don't know what I'm meant to make of your DI entry. I mean, it has some fucking amazing stuff, and I'm sure you know what I'm referring to there.

But the Spice Girls, really?!

Oh holy shit, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds is a fucking terrible song.

Are they on helium or something? The vocals are woeful.

PFan, your tracklist was starting well - why did you have to fuck it up with Lucy In The Sky? Ugh. That was dreadful. I will never understand how the Beatles became popular.

Under The Bridge isn't a bad song though. Not the best from RHCP, but it's a relief to hear something listenable after Lucy In The Sky so I'll take what I can get!

Axver said:
Khan, I don't know what I'm meant to make of your DI entry. I mean, it has some fucking amazing stuff, and I'm sure you know what I'm referring to there.

But the Spice Girls, really?!
:lol: i know some of the stuff on there isn't for everyone. but at least it isn't wannabe or something.

and for the record, i hate lucy in the sky with diamonds too (i assume you're talking about the beatles version)

Lucy in the Sky is certainly not as good as the first two, but I like it, and it fits thematically. Under the Bridge was placed for similar thematic reasons. And I agree, not the best from RHCP (I consider that to be Wet Sand).

On the first track of yours now. Pink Floyd has impressed me more than I thought it would in this tournament.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i know some of the stuff on there isn't for everyone. but at least it isn't wannabe or something.

and for the record, i hate lucy in the sky with diamonds too (i assume you're talking about the beatles version)

I expect I'll hit skip about ten seconds in! :lol:

You know, the only time I've enjoyed Beatles songs has been when U2's covered them - Help, Helter Skelter, and Rain were all good live, and the snippet of Norwegian Wood in Bad is one of the best Bono's ever done.

phillyfan26 said:
Lucy in the Sky is certainly not as good as the first two, but I like it, and it fits thematically. Under the Bridge was placed for similar thematic reasons. And I agree, not the best from RHCP (I consider that to be Wet Sand).

On the first track of yours now. Pink Floyd has impressed me more than I thought it would in this tournament.

I've never seriously listened to RHCP. I just know what I've heard on the radio. They're one of the few bands to get radio play who I don't dislike.

Cool. :up:

I was pleased with how well Time worked as an opener, and just how well it expresses my playlist's theme (though I think the final three songs most precisely sum everything up; the very very end of Our Illuminated Tomb is crucial).

Axver said:
I expect I'll hit skip about ten seconds in! :lol:

You know, the only time I've enjoyed Beatles songs has been when U2's covered them - Help, Helter Skelter, and Rain were all good live, and the snippet of Norwegian Wood in Bad is one of the best Bono's ever done.
:lol: it's not a bad song, i don't think it's a teeniebopper song. but knowing you, i know you won't like it :wink:

and i totally hear you. i know a lot of people consider me a heathen for not liking the beatles, but i can honestly say i've given them a fair chance. i've listened to all eras of the beatles (teeniebopper, psychedelic, later stuff) and i just don't like anything. i have a couple full albums on my computer even and i couldn't get into anything. the only version of lucy i like is elton john's cover, and like you said U2's covers are far and away better than the originals. blasphemy, i know, but i'm just more of a rolling stones fan than a beatles fan.

I've never heard of most of your artists on here, let alone your songs.

God Is An Astronaut is a new one for me. Post-rock? I like it.

PFan, I don't like Led Zep, but this is one of the least objectionable Led Zep songs I've heard.

Axver said:
PFan, I don't like Led Zep, but this is one of the least objectionable Led Zep songs I've heard.

I always thought I'd find Led Zeppelin boring, but I've found them to be a pleasant surprise. Their back catalogue is deeper than I thought.

phillyfan26 said:
I've never heard of most of your artists on here, let alone your songs.

God Is An Astronaut is a new one for me. Post-rock? I like it.

I think "post-rock" is something of a misleading label as it covers considerable stylistic diversity. I love most of what it covers though. Of the tracks on my playlist, the songs by God Is An Astronaut and Long Distance Calling count as post-rock and the songs by Russian Circles and The Sea, Like Lead are post-metal.

phillyfan26 said:

I always thought I'd find Led Zeppelin boring, but I've found them to be a pleasant surprise. Their back catalogue is deeper than I thought.

I've listened to a couple of their albums and didn't like them much at all. Found them fairly boring, untalented, and repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom