One Star Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2STEVE70

Babyface
Why is the new album getting so many one star reviews over at amazon.com. One star=awful. BOMB is far from awful. I have not seen a backlash like this for a band before. Why do you think that is:(

really though, even though some of those one star reviews are serious and by u2 fans, a lot of them are by young kids just trashing the record even though they haven't heard it. A lot of them say "u2 suck" or call them "sellouts" or "screw u2 and their i-pods." really great and in depth breakdowns :huh:

There are other smaller things too. I think some are in reaction to the pretty sizeable marketing blitz behind the album. I'm a huge u2 fan and I am sick to death of that "I-Tunes" commercial, so I know other people are as well. Kids see that commercial and say "I hate u2" and go to amazon and write one-line reviews about how the album sucks.

I also see more than a few reviews bashing Bono and not really the band. But in the end, a lot of the reviews are from people who just don't like the album. :shrug:

(but Achtung Baby is still getting 5 Stars....:wink: )

I think a lot of it is what occurs here: ie a handful of trolls signing up under different usernames and posting the same drivel over and over.

It's just a bunch of haters. That's all. F*ck 'em. If they have that kind of time to waste thinking it's going to somehow effect U2 or their fans, they really need to get a life.

Back
Top Bottom