ONE on American Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what...maybe my "fail boat" post was alittle harsh...

I would have hated any performance of "One" by somebody other than Bono...

Sorry Mr. Lambert

Are you bringing heat at me or something? What?

popcorn.gif

I'm just trying to see where the heat is and where I'm supposed to go if a) there is no heat for me to take or not take; and b) I'm already home.

I just want to understand this intellectual discourse as best I can.

I'm just trying to see where the heat is and where I'm supposed to go if a) there is no heat for me to take or not take; and b) I'm already home.

I just want to understand this intellectual discourse as best I can.

Intellectual discourse? LOL

And for the record, I'm not a crazy Adam fan who must defend him from all the haterz. I think he's the best one left and should win, but I kind of hated this performance and think he'd do well to tone it down with the screeching more often.

I don't care if he's screeching on pitch (and yes, the dude has an amazing voice and knows how to make it do all sorts of neat tricks), it's still screeching.

i'm ok with people covering U2. I really don't give a shit if people do. if it's good, cool, will it be better than U2? Not likely. that's why I have U2 to listen to.

That said, this performance started out OKAY at best, but the middle and the ending? horrendous. just flat out bad on every level. and please, can people sing the lyrics right when they cover it? Love is a temple, love the higher law. not love is the higher law.

It started off just beautiful - if he'd kept it subtle, I think it would have been really, really great.

And for the record, I'm not a crazy Adam fan who must defend him from all the haterz. I think he's the best one left and should win, but I kind of hated this performance and think he'd do well to tone it down with the screeching more often.

I don't care if he's screeching on pitch (and yes, the dude has an amazing voice and knows how to make it do all sorts of neat tricks), it's still screeching.

yea. I agree. I dont really care for the screeching. kind of gives me a headache.

Yeah, nothing special there. I find it funny how it started off as a ballad and then all of the sudden he starts screaming like he'd seen a ghost and the band starts out of nowhere and make the song sound like if the band was thrown out through the stairs while playing their instruments.

I'm quite surprised at the jury's coments.

Yeah, nothing special there. I find it funny how it started off as a ballad and then all of the sudden he starts screaming like he'd seen a ghost and the band starts out of nowhere and make the song sound like if the band was thrown out through the stairs while playing their instruments.

:lol: That actually made me laugh out loud.

...and the band starts out of nowhere and make the song sound like if the band was thrown out through the stairs while playing their instruments.

:lol: Yeah, that's not too far off.

I'm quite surprised at the jury's coments.

I'm not. They've been pimping him as their favorite for a long time now. The judges do it every year, but it seems more excessive than usual this year.

I find it funny that there are still people who pull out the ONOEZ OMG IT'S FIXED hysterics when the judges pimp out their favorite. It's like, ".... yes? And where have you been throughout the run of this show?"

Regardless, he still should win.

.... And irritating.

That is such a Daria thing to say. :up: I miss hat show.

As for Adams "One"... I did like the beginning, but then the screeching...killed it for me. I also felt he screamed too much during "Crazy." Didn't care for either, but I agree he should win as he is an amazing talent.

:lol: Yeah, that's not too far off.

I'm not. They've been pimping him as their favorite for a long time now. The judges do it every year, but it seems more excessive than usual this year.

I find it funny that there are still people who pull out the ONOEZ OMG IT'S FIXED hysterics when the judges pimp out their favorite. It's like, ".... yes? And where have you been throughout the run of this show?"

Yeah, I haven't really followed this season.

I'm surprised at their comments regarding this specific presentation. But I haven't seen any other contestant or else.

I was not a fan of Adam's verson of "One". And I am a big Adam fan. I still voted for him tonight, but I have to say I was disappointed in the end result of the song arrangement.

He seemed to be channeling Mary J Blige's version of the song; screamy over the top One.

I disagree with you there - you could at least still discern the original melody in Mary J's version. Adam stripped out all of the melody completely. It was unrecognizable as the same song. And yes, it was bloody awful.

I agree with everything you said there - the "pimping" has been excessive this year. Simon is the worst at this - way too many times he's shown favoritism for a contestant that he wants to advance despite having a bad night, and vice versa.

that was absolutely the worse cover of the song of all time and to think this guy is going to be the new idol? :hmm: WOW

A Major Craptaculer!!!

Back
Top Bottom