Ok, thoroughly boring question:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Greetings.

Just been listening to Velvet Dress and One and it occured to me that our Bs voice has the power to make me cry, make me unecessarily hot and make me smile.

Now, as far as I'm concerned this must be the proof of a damn good singer. (Not, of course, discounting the brilliance of the group as a whole and their ability to play such music as can turn your mood around).

Anyone agree?

Have you been in some kinda situation where you feel like shite, bad tempered or plain miserable and suddenly you hear them on some far off audio medium and suddenly, there you are, transported into another mood..

...well, maybe it's just me then..lol

hmm.... I totally agree with you!! My mood can change from glad to sad, angry to happy, just because of a U2 song!

Like, when I first heard "In a little while", I felt so sad!! Almost cried!! It was so beautiful!!
:drool: :sad:

So, yes. That is possible :wink:

Without a doubt - YES! Bono especially, and then a number of my other favorite singers Always make me feel better when I need them,and help me though rough spots, and intensify the joy of happy moments. But Bono can turn my moods around like no one else ever can! So, I give you my enthusiastic Yes!

I agree! The first time I heard With or Without you, back in the day, I remember getting emotional about it. I think it's because towards the end of the song he just sounds like he is in so much pain.... you can almost feel it.

By the way, not a boring question!

Yes!!!!!!! U2's music can change my mood greatly!!!!!! It has an amazing power!!!!! Recently I had a terrible mood, I was crying because I lost in a competition, and suddenly - Desire vid on VH1! That's what made me smile! And that's just one of numerous examples from my life!

Same thing here. That's why I love U2 so much, whenever I listen to them I feel like the world's going right. :)

Absolutely one hundred and ten percent. I agree completely with what's been said so far. I don't know what it is...but they can reach ya.

And when I've been having some low days...all of a sudden a song of theirs will play on the radio, and I'll feel better, and things start lookin up.
:heart:

I definitely agree with you. If I'm feeling down, listening to some U2 can lift my spirits.

:up: I whole heartedly agree! I've had my share of shite days at work and when I hop into my jeep and play the boys, my mood is always lifted. Amazing what they can do for us :D

:yes: I agree with everything that's been said
..and the one song I ALWAYS cry during is Streets. I don't know why, it's mainly the beginning. Especially on the R&H and Slane dvds, I'm a mess! I also just heard for the first time the version of Streets from Dec. 31, 1989. I think that was the most amazing one I have ever heard, I was sitting in my car with goosebumps and tears! lol. I can't listen to that song a lot because it gets me so emotional. (I can't imagine how I'll react when I see it live for the first time in May! I'll probably be hysterical!)

Oh absolutely YES! There have been many, many times when music has saved my life, and especially U2!

Whenever the lines from 'Stuck' come into my head, i realise life IS worth living and Bono keeps me going, always!!! :)

I think that way with Walk on too, Mucca!

The line: ' and i know it aches and your heart it breaks....you can only take so much...' So inspiring&moving! :sad:

How about every song has a purpose? Serious crap has happened, I won't go into detail, but death has been on my doorstep at my own doing...and it makes me rethink and go..wow...there is something. And when I was really depressed after my leg surgery, and still apprehensive about walking and moving again, bum bum bum Vertigo to the rescue. I had 5 titanium pins stickin out of my legs, and could hardly walk, but Vertigo got me off my bum and got me dancing. the first time after I danced around the room too it, I hobbled into my moms room and went " I CAN MOVE AGAIN!"

He really has become quite a singer.. This album is a muscial/instrumental showcase, and also a vocal show case.

Three sunrises, BD, elevation, Gloria to brighten my spirit & genrally energize me.

Sort of Homecoming can often deeply soothes me.

To help fight despair/discouragement- Acrobat, Yaweh, I Threw a Bric, Crumbs.

there there's the sexy engery {let us couint the ways} EBTTRT, LAPOE, Drowning Man, Do you feel Love, The Fly, UTEOTW, MW etc

these are the most active mood changers for me i can think of off hand.

And BTW, you'vedownwhat...........
since you've delurked here....

on WTE....I can never write to the writers there because i only have web-based mail. When I click on an e-m addy i get the ?? default microsoft mail service which i can't use.

So i just want to say--I've enjoyed a bunch of the stories there! And i enjoyed alot of the stories that came from the original Inf FF! I was a several month lurker before it becomea premium thread, and before it was revised all together.
So thanks to the gals & yourself. PS did you do the skiing Store/lodge story :laugh:

Last edited:
the musac at my job plays at least 4 u2 songs each day. so no matter what kind of mood i'm in, i always have that to look forward to. my co-workers laugh at me cause i stop and say "everyone sing with my boys now"

Oh, definitely, yeah, I've had that happen numerous times. And not just with the lyrics in studio versions of their songs-whenever I've gotten a chance to hear a live version of "Streets", Bono has on occasion changed one of the lyrics to some variation of "I'll show you a place/Where you won't be ashamed" and all that...and I really love it when I hear that, 'cause that's kinda telling me it's cool to be different, it's cool to be a bit odd and do your own thing and all that good stuff.

And I was listening to "Kite" today, and that song's usually made me all misty-eyed in the past, especially last month, as it reminded me of my late grandma. But today it took on a whole new meaning to me, as I realized the chorus also related quite well to someone I know back in Iowa...and that just added to the emotional aspect of the song. The nice part, though, was that with this new way of looking at the song, the last line in the chorus, that "I know that this is not goodbye" didn't sound so bittersweet, as it did with my grandma-this time it sounded more hopeful :).

And it's not just the sad songs that get me-every time I hear "Angel Of Harlem", or "In A Little While", or something along that line, I immediately smile, it immediately makes me feel much better than I may or may not have been feeling earlier.

Yeah. U2's music's just very good that way :yes: :up:.

Angela

... Odd, I'm the complete opposite to everyone here when I'm low and by low I mean just plain down, gone, out of it. I can't stand having any U2 on it's a real bummer I have to have Metallica, Nirvana or Placebo going till it just passes.

-Nikki

Back
Top Bottom