Oh My F**king God!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanner_sis

War Child
Someone Found Bono's notebook from '92!!! (I hope its true cause it sounds totally legit)

from Zootopia:

U2 'Lost songs'
#3371770 - 05/26/07 06:25 AM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

U2’s lost songs (April 2007 David Gill)
I have found what could prove to be an old notebook belonging to Bono of U2. When I came across this notebook in my uncle’s stuff that I was cleaning out since he passed away recently, something about it made me stop and look. Maybe it was the fact that it was unexpected to come across it in a clothes drawer, or maybe that it somehow seemed to have been placed carefully there, sort of hidden, but sort of waiting to be found. When I flicked through it, I came across what appeared to be poems, or, as I figured fairly quickly, song lyrics. The first one I recognised was “Redemption Song” by Bob Marley and I remembered that I had really quite liked that song from when I first heard it. Then I recognised the words from “One” though mainly because of it’s recent re-release. Slowly it became apparent that there was an underlying theme here and a bit of research confirmed that the common denominator was U2. It also became clear the significance of the names I had discovered there and which had initially meant nothing to me: HEWSON/EVANS/MULLEN/CLAYTON.
OK I thought – WOW! What am I going to do with this? And how on earth did it end up in my uncle’s drawer here in New Zealand? My uncle originally came from a little place called Drumsna somewhere sort of North of Dublin, but he left Ireland sometime in the sixties, long before U2 came to be. He had worked in the States for many years before retiring to Christchurch New Zealand where his sister (my mother) lived. The Internet is an amazing thing and with some serious ‘Googling’ I figured that all the songs were pre-1992 by a combination of searching for the titles or just segments of the text. Most of them I found readily but there were some that just would not come up for example the following segment which caught my eye:

I saw you so near, so close
Why didn’t you take me with you?

I was ready, not afraid
You can take me, can’t hurt me

Your grave will not win
No victory in your sting.

I’m guessing this was a song that was being worked on at the time that the notebook disappeared from the scene. Right! The next and obvious question was how did it come to be in my uncle’s possession? Since I had an approximate date – 1992 , I did some digging as to my uncle’s where-abouts at that time and according to my mother he would have been working in a Hotel in Houston, Texas – couldn’t find which one though. Alright, then how could my uncle have had any contact with U2? Maybe they were on tour and stayed at his Hotel. Back to the internet and sure enough, in October of 1992 U2 played in Houston Texas. The website I had come across was very impressive as it had a song list for each concert and as I scanned down the now familiar song titles, one caught my eye – there was that “Redemption Song” again. I was curious to hear how U2 sounded performing this song so I used one of those peer to peer programs to download the song. When I played the song I just could not believe my ears – I thought Bono was talking straight to me – It was eerie, scary, I felt guilty, just couldn’t believe how it all fitted. The recording was a live one taken from that Houston Concert and Bono introduced the Redemption Song adding that if anyone found the notebook that was pinched from their Hotel room he would be very, very happy!
“Oh My God!” here I am fifteen years later hearing these words and looking at the notebook on my desk! I can’t believe that my uncle would have stolen it – I imagine a scenario where it was inadvertently picked up by room cleaners and then put aside, not realising it’s significance, then it was kept out of an embarrassed ‘not knowing what to do with it’. I’ve got to get it back, and now with my growing appreciation of U2’s music, I’d just love to hear what they make of these “Lost Songs”

http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3371770&an=0&page=0#3371770

:shocked: :shocked:

It really sounds like he wants to give it back.. If i had the right addresses I'd pm them to him..

:ohmy: :sigh: Oh, that Is amazing!! And I think that is so....how that lil' book ended up in ur uncle's drawer! I just pray it gets back into Bono&Co's hands!!!! If you please!!:pray: I would love to hear how Bono&Co. and you figured this out!!! Please, let us know!:wink:

forbonou2 said:
:ohmy: :sigh: Oh, that Is amazing!! And I think that is so....how that lil' book ended up in ur uncle's drawer! I just pray it gets back into Bono&Co's hands!!!! If you please!!:pray: I would love to hear how Bono&Co. and you figured this out!!! Please, let us know!:wink:
err I'm not the one who found the notebook..if i did i'd fucking die on the spot lol :drool:

I'm such a modern day kid, I was always thinking of the modern kind of notebook when I heard the Redemptions Song recording and even when I read this story here.
Was amazed about them using such an old notebook and that it was still working today. :rolleyes:

Such an embarrassment.

Vincent Vega said:
I'm such a modern day kid, I was always thinking of the modern kind of notebook when I heard the Redemptions Song recording and even when I read this story here.
Was amazed about them using such an old notebook and that it was still working today. :rolleyes:

Such an embarrassment.
*pats on the head* Once upon a time, notebooks were made out of paper :wink:

tlski said:

I thought I had heard some where that the notebook was given back to Bono.:hmm:

I think you're confusing this with the stolen briefcase with all his October lyrics and passport and such in it :) that was returned in 2000/2001 I think

I would go on the news with the story or call principle management and tell them to make sure it got back into Bonos hand I would have to give it to him in person! :happy:

JCOSTER said:
I would go on the news with the story or call principle management and tell them to make sure it got back into Bonos hand I would have to give it to him in person! :happy:

That would be the right way to do it!;) :wink:

the right way to do it would be to send a ransom note to principle management ...

the notebook for a night with bono
bwahahahhahaaahahah :evil: :evil:

( and because i would die on the spot from meeting him it would be a quick night!) :wink:

Wow! Amazing! I hope that if this is true that it really is Bono's notebook. Very interesting! It will be cool to know abou his reaction to it! I hope he gets it back soon. :up:

mysterious_jen said:
the right way to do it would be to send a ransom note to principle management ...

( and because i would die on the spot from meeting him it would be a quick night!) :wink:

:giggle:

mysterious_jen said:

:lol:

Bono should contact him

I think this guy should not give it to ppl mgmnt or anyone else. he should wait be-coz Bono will want to get persnaly in touch w/him. besides if he gives it to anyone else cept Larry or Edge who knows what they'll do withzit? prolly end up on ebay for sure!

Re: Bono should contact him

ZagarX said:
I think this guy should not give it to ppl mgmnt or anyone else. he should wait be-coz Bono will want to get persnaly in touch w/him. besides if he gives it to anyone else cept Larry or Edge who knows what they'll do withzit? prolly end up on ebay for sure!

TROLL!! :mad:

Caroni said:

Really good puclicity :whistle:

why what is the point.. to get his 15 min of fame. No, if he is a fan all that needs to be done is contacting of Principle Mgt. If they want to generate publicity then that that is their doing.

tanner_sis said:
Slowly it became apparent that there was an underlying theme here and a bit of research confirmed that the common denominator was U2. It also became clear the significance of the names I had discovered there and which had initially meant nothing to me: HEWSON/EVANS/MULLEN/CLAYTON.

This part I don't understand, and makes me think it's a fraud. Why would Bono be using these names in his notebook?

I mean come on!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom