Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good hundred. Too bad the result will be identical to the two games before it.

A tad annoyed about Broad since it took the attention away from Rabada's first 5fa.

Do other countries have shite nicknames for their players like 'The Big Show' and 'The Finisher'?

I'd be swapping him in for Voges to be honest. I think it's a little harsh to judge Mitch Marsh on this summer. He's obviously a huge talent, but it's hard to get yourself going when you've really only had two or three opportunities in three months to actually spend time at the crease. Really hasn't had much of a go with the bat. And he's been quite impressive with the ball.

NZ I'd be running with

Warner
Cowan
Khawaja
Smith
Maxwell
MMarsh
Nevill
Pattinson
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

(obviously that's not realistic. Burns to open, Voges at five and reckon they'd probably take Siddle over Pattinson, mmmmmaybe swap Siddle/Patto/Hazlewood around. SMarsh as 12th or in place of his brother as an extra bat)

So NZ managed to chase down Pakistan's 168 without losing a wicket, and KW has shown he can go at a S/R of 150 without needing to hit a 6.

And I've also only just found out that Guptill only has two toes on one foot because of a lawnmower accident when he was 13. I wonder how that does/does not affect his batting.

By far my favourite thing about that scorecard is that both Guptill and Williamson finished with strike rates of exactly 150.00

also, Kohli should be in every conversation that Smith, Root, Williamson and de Villiers are in

I thought he already is. His ODI statistics are amazing. One more ODI century than AB.

By far my favourite thing about that scorecard is that both Guptill and Williamson finished with strike rates of exactly 150.00

And to think Kane didn't kit a single six! That first T20 was an aberration - in general terms, we're unbelievable when chasing right now. Teams who win the toss and choose to bat against us are just electing to lose.

also, Kohli should be in every conversation that Smith, Root, Williamson and de Villiers are in

Oh of course Kohli should be in every conversation that Smith, Root, and de Villiers are in.

But Kane?

KANE FOR PM.

OK, we all probably agree about Chris Gayle being a bucket of shit of a person, but OH MY GOD the four sixes he just hit in four balls off Greg West in the first over of tonight's game. Renegades need 171 in 15.5 overs or less to reach the finals so he's got that big chase off to a good start.

Gayle's now equalled the fastest fifty! 51 off 12. Mindblowing hitting.

Well they've tried but I think the Renegades are cooked now.

Of course not. He thinks it's fine. And I am willing to bet that 95% of male cricketers have come up to him like "what an overreaction" as he says. Fuck off.

Jackson Bird and Chadd Sayers in the squad for NZ. Thankfully the Doug Bollinger rumours proved to be just that.

Who the hell is Chadd Sayers and why does he have such a shit name? Did he even play in the Big Bash? I don't think I've heard of him at all.

And good grief when are they going to stop selecting Shaun Marsh?

Well he just made a huge score...

Chadd Sayers is a v good swing bowler for SA who has done v well in Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes but there are drover's dogs that would get big scores against the Windies.

Forgot it was even on. I'm looking forward to BBL finals.

But hey, at least we'll get to see India chase. They can't defend a total, but maybe they can chase one down? Please?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom