Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Read that. Jackson's usually very good I have realised. If anything cricketing journalists seem more supportive of progressive change on average than football journalists are - and even someone you'd normally perceive as a resident grump in Ian Chappell is someone who came down like an avalanche of bricks on Gayle.

I'm pretty sure Gilly just channelled his inner BT to call "WOWEE!" for a Travis Head six.

Read that. Jackson's usually very good I have realised. If anything cricketing journalists seem more supportive of progressive change on average than football journalists are - and even someone you'd normally perceive as a resident grump in Ian Chappell is someone who came down like an avalanche of bricks on Gayle.

I suppose it's that cricket tends to have more reflective and sober journalism, so less kneejerk reactions and more thinking through the standards of the game. That said, we probably shouldn't overstate it given the sport has some deeply conservative and aristocratic heritage.

As for Russell Jackson, he's become my favourite sports journalist, both for the manner in which he treats serious topics and for his wonderful turns of phrase. I honestly don't have strong opinions on most journalists, sports or otherwise, in the sense it's rare that I will read (or avoid) an article just because a specific person has written it, but if he has an article I know it will be worth reading.

That fits. Like I said before, do we really think somebody willing to call himself #UniverseBoss is about to adhere to normal standards of propriety? He seems to basically do as he pleases, and to be honest he's got away with it. I was previously unaware of the entirely crass remark he made a couple of years ago to a female journalist who asked him about the state of the pitch, and I'm amazed a serious reprimand didn't follow.

I don't know what's worse, Jake Lehmann's 18th century stache or his attempt at fielding.

His moustache is great!

If I were a commentator I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face calling Willey. /ten-years-old

George Bailey just attempted what looked more like a tennis serve than anything else in the T20.

Got two runs off it too!

Here's the run chase.

Featuring great moments such as Inzamam pacing back and forth in frustration and Naib celebrating a ball too early.

Cricinfo mentioned Mohammad Shahzad (who's kind of like a cult figure, you have to say) eating two bowls of ice cream after he got out but that wasn't featured in the highlights unfortunately.

Chappelli is actually fucking great. He has a very good track record on all this sort of stuff. He might be a curmudgeon but he's about the only one with his head screwed on right.

I've got so hooked on the Big Bash that the fact I am missing it tonight and will miss it the next two nights feels really weird.

You know, I really do wonder if the ODIs between Australia and India will actually beat the Big Bash for attendance...

Peter Nevill got run out because Bravo hit the ball into Nevill's bat (when he was standing outside the crease), which subsequently hit Zampa in the face and then deflected onto the stumps.

That's ... you'll never see that again.

We're going to see that replayed forever.

And rightly so. Simply unbelievable. You couldn't do that again if you tried.

Guptill hits a half century off 19 balls to get the NZ record for fastest T20 fifty. This Munro guy beats him by 5 balls 20 minutes later. :lmao:

At the moment New Zealand seem absolutely lethal batting second. It's like we can chase anything and do it in no time at all.

Helpful that Guptill and Williamson are in top form at the top of the order, bodes well for the World T20 - and Sri Lanka are supposed to be one of the very best in T20 cricket.

Thrilling finish to the Scorchers/Hurricanes match. Sammy hits a four off the last ball when he needed a six to win.

One bloody run. I totally reckon a couple of full tosses were too high and should have been called no balls. But that's the nature of the game. Thrilling final few overs and now I may be late for a gig as a result!

http://m.theage.com.au/sport/cricke...cket-unless-icc-steps-in-20160110-gm2nnq.html

Interesting article regarding the state of the game.

A multi-tiered structure really should have been implemented years ago in test cricket to assist with developing the associates, but what should the structure look like given the rise of 20/20, which feels far more tangible now given it's dominance of this Australian summer's cricket calendar.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Oh jesus André Russell just got out to a brutal bouncer that hit him on the collarbone and pushed him back onto the stumps. He walked off in a daze. Hope he's ok.

Good grief! Ought to be a decent total to defend too.

Bit of a rough debut for Boland!

What a debut this is proving to be for Sran.

Should've had Bailey too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom