October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
itsokay.gif

Dang, parking was a nightmare if you weren't there super early. We had a baby sitter so we couldn't leave Durham (30 minutes away) until 6 pm. Traffic was backed up for miles. We drove with my parents, and my wife and a friend and I ended up getting out of the car at 7:40 and walking the last two miles down the interstate to get there at 8:20. My parents did not get in until 9:40, missing a full hour of the show. When they finally made it to the stadium they were informed that parking had been full for hours and they had to find street parking. I felt terrible for them. It kind of marred the experience of a fantastic show :angry:

I agree parking was horrible. I have never seen it as bad as it was tonight. I guess with football you have tailgaters arriving at all times and most people are familiar with the routes in, but tonight it seemed like everybody wanted to arrive around 7:30 PM.

I knew it was a bad sign when traffic started backing up five miles up the highway. Lots of people parking illegally on the side of the road. There was actually a good number of available parking spots littered throughout the lots but they just started closing them when they felt like it I guess.

Great experience though. It was pretty dope to see U2 with the NC State backdrop!

Last edited:
Just got home, it was absolutely fantastic. I'm too tired to go into huge detail right now but I enjoyed it so much. I met solacevip too, U2BROTHR plate and all! :)

Just got back to the BFF's house after dropping off uluv2b & friend at their hotel.

Sweet Baby Jesus - this show was fuckin' amazing!!!!! :rockon:

We went for inside rail this time & even though there were a few downsides - drunk sorority girls with no sense of personal space & a giant ass wipe who settled right in front of us for the last 1/4 of the show and refused to move out of anyone's way while he took pic after pic :madwife: - it was a great experience to be that close to the stage. The security was another matter that I'm sure will discussed in great detail later. :angry:

The band seemed really energized and humbled by Raleigh's response. Maybe now we won't have to wait another 23yrs to get them back here. :D

Soo tired now & need to get some sleep before getting up early to get the BAWs back to the airport, but I just had to drop in with a quick review. Pics to follow Wednesday after I get home from ATL. :wave: :)

Just got home, it was absolutely fantastic. I'm too tired to go into huge detail right now but I enjoyed it so much. I met solacevip too, U2BROTHR plate and all! :)
:lol: Every time I saw Mark, he was working the crowd & having his picture taken with somebody! :laugh:

:lol: Every time I saw Mark, he was working the crowd & having his picture taken with somebody! :laugh:

Ha...working the crowd. I had a fantastic time. Met some amazing fans. Blown away by U2 again. My flight leaves at 6am. Managed to get a "real" Bono pick from Fraser.

Will type more later...........

Great show. I was able to get a ticket at the show GA for 70 bucks. I met Mark from the board and thats about it because I was trying to find a ticket. Mark so I had to be more vocal about getting it but I'm not a vocal guy haha. Parking wasn't bad at all because there was parking right across the stadium for 15 bucks. Now getting out that was another story. My last show for the tour unless something comes up in 2010. I was also able to get the whole show on video and uploading them now. Check em out :wave:

YouTube - godieinhell2's Channel

From Neil this morning: Om baby - Something a guru called Barefoot Doctor used to say when the going got tough. Om as in zen. Baby as in Achtung!

eore227;6434711 My last show for the tour unless something comes up in 2010. I was also able to get the whole show on video and uploading them now. Check em out :wave: [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/godieinhell2 said:
YouTube - godieinhell2's Channel[/url]

Thanks for the videos again. I like how he says "Traffic is stuck...that's for sure". How was this show compared to DC and C'ville?

Thanks for the videos again. I like how he says "Traffic is stuck...that's for sure". How was this show compared to DC and C'ville?

I think the sound was just as good as Charlottesville. The DC sound wasn't that great I think thats because of the stadium. Overall it was a great week of shows. :D

Ha...working the crowd. I had a fantastic time. Met some amazing fans. Blown away by U2 again. My flight leaves at 6am. Managed to get a "real" Bono pick from Fraser.

Will type more later...........

Mark, I was blown away by your enthusiasm and friendliness. Running into you and your wife right after I got off my hotel shuttle was the start of my incredible experience at Raleigh.

Lisa, sooo nice to finally meet you and your husband, and Priscilla too. :wave:

I had a LOVELY time with Iris and Connie. :hug:

And I can say because of Connie, I was able to get my picture taken with Bono, and he even said my name!! :faint:

More to post on the Experiences thread.

As a crazy turbulent flight home is now over, yes, we saw Lisa holding her plate up on this morning's news...we were all right there with her but the focus is the plate...it was a fantastic show, I DID GA...we were on the outer right, on Adam's side...I was stalking AMY, she was bobbin' and weaving to MUSE in the red zone...

We just got home, not more than 30 minutes ago...time for dinner, somewhere..pics later.

Had a great time lastnight, the stadium is one of the smaller venues on the tour so having seats in the lower level was pretty close to the stage (say 150-200 ft) and the weather was perfect!!! First time I'd seen them outside and the claw looks like it could have taken off mid-show. Crowd didn't enjoy the deep cuts as much as I did (TUD, Ultraviolet, etc.) and was lukewarm to NLOTH songs, but WTSHNN, Elevation and Vertigo kicked ass!!!! My daughter's first show (9 yrs) and she said I can feel it my chest with her mouth wide open! :lol: Was over too quickly for me and I'll always want more unique stuff since I'm a blue crack baby, but the flow of the show worked great and was probably in my top 3 of the seven shows I've seen, can't wait for Tues. night in the ATL!!! :drool:

My daughter's first show (9 yrs) and she said I can feel it my chest with her mouth wide open! :lol: QUOTE]

lol i was the same way with my first u2 show, im going to my 2nd show ever in Atlanta tues cant wait, i will probably feel that way again:) have fun in Atlanta and stay safe:):wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom