October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I just point out that my name is Cathal and not Cath. And I'm a boy. Don't you lot know the gender of obscure Irish names? :)

:reject: After I posted that statement & realized my mistake, I wondered if I'd get called out for it. :lol:

My bad...... Sir. :)

Don't hide in a box anyone! Come out, it's alright, it's alright, it's all right!

It's actually a fairly common mistake. I get letters addressed to Ms Cathal McCarron all the time. I banged into a girl from @U2 in the Sheffield queue who recognised my forum avatar on my tour T-shirt and told me "Oh, you're a man!" which finally ended 36 years of confusion :)

I get letters addressed to Ms Cathal McCarron all the time.

My husband has a fine Irish name himself, but the same thing happens with us all the time.... his name is Kelly. Worse than the mail addressed to 'Ms. Kelly Powers' though, are the instances like this one that occurred at our bank a few years ago (and keep in mind, we've been members for over 20yrs now!): Kelly approaches the teller, still in his work uniform - which clearly has his name embroidered on the shirt - and presents funds to be deposited. The teller pulls up our account on her computer, looks at Kelly, looks back to the computer, then again at Kelly before asking him, "Do these ladies know that you're depositing money into their account?" :doh: That's a pretty extreme example, but it happens all.the.time. :tsk:

/thread derail :giggle:

Back on subject - emails recv'd from clipper699 & uluv2b - thanks!

Alma, did you get my email about the ticket?

Yes, Iris, I got it. I got sidetracked with having to change my plans and reservations for the NY show yesterday, I forgot to reply :reject:

Your ticket will be in the mail this weekend! I promise! Sorry it took so long, work has been crazy. I haven't cashed your check yet... so that you know I'm not trying to be Ticketmaster or anything like that, holding onto people's $ before sending out the ticket... :evil:

I will definitely email you when I send that envelope out so you can watch out for it.

Yes, Iris, I got it. I got sidetracked with having to change my plans and reservations for the NY show yesterday, I forgot to reply :reject:

Your ticket will be in the mail this weekend! I promise! Sorry it took so long, work has been crazy. I haven't cashed your check yet... so that you know I'm not trying to be Ticketmaster or anything like that, holding onto people's $ before sending out the ticket... :evil:

I will definitely email you when I send that envelope out so you can watch out for it.

No prob. just wanted to make sure. There are a lot of people going in and out of my house right now with all the construction so I do not want to lose this ticket.

Just wanted to let you all know...That I just won a u2 prize package at a local radio station here in Raleigh 96.1. I get free U2.com membership, free shirt, and No Line on the Horizon album. I am also qualified to win front row tickets to Raleigh show...not sure how it works but still pretty cool. Even though I already have GA tickets and the U2.com membership, I am still pretty excited!!! I even got to request a song...I went recent with Nloth...

Just wanted to let you all know...That I just won a u2 prize package at a local radio station here in Raleigh 96.1. I get free U2.com membership, free shirt, and No Line on the Horizon album. I am also qualified to win front row tickets to Raleigh show...not sure how it works but still pretty cool. Even though I already have GA tickets and the U2.com membership, I am still pretty excited!!! I even got to request a song...I went recent with Nloth...

That's awesome! :applaud: I'm glad that the contest was won by an Interferencer. The only thing I would've done was to make 96.1 serve up the full seven plus minutes of MOS. :wink: I'm not sure why, but I'm feeling some really good mojo for this show. After the Raleigh Popmart debacle, maybe on 3 October rock-n-roll karma is going to reder something epic? :hmm:

Way to go S_R44!!! :hi5: Good luck on those front row tix. :up:

For all who emailed me their contact info - I'll be working on putting the list together the next few days & getting it mailed back out to everyone. Worst case, I won't have it ready until the 1st of next week. And if anyone would prefer their cell # to stay private (i.e. just between yourself & me) please let me know so I can honor those wishes. :D

Thanks guys - if I don't talk to everyone before, all my fellow countrymen in the States: have a great Labor Day weekend! And all you remaining Blue Crackers just have a plain great weekend! :cocktail: :D

Does anyone know if/when the stadium will announce the "rules" for the line ups and entrance? Just trying to plan out some things...we have GAs but won't get there until later in the day. :(

Does anyone know if/when the stadium will announce the "rules" for the line ups and entrance? Just trying to plan out some things...we have GAs but won't get there until later in the day. :(
:wave: Got your email & sent you a reply back. Welcome aboard! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom