October 20, 2009 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey I was impressed with BEP myself I'm not a fan of theirs or hip-hop in general, but they put on a great show, I got to feel what it was like for the first time to be in a pit at a show and have the crowd jump for you, you just stand there and as the crowd moves you move, you don't have to do anything the crowd does it for you! :lol:

Pretty much what everyone said about the show is how I feel, I had the greatest time of my life, minus the couple of problems I mentioned earlier, I couldn't have been more proud to know that I was able to sale just about everything and get it worked out so I could go. I meet some awesome people too, Zooey, Amy, Romi, Jesse and a few others and it was so nice that the people next to me a guy and his son protected me during the show, and made sure I was okay, I was a total mess well going to the field and if it wasn't for them and my best friend Kiki I don't know how I would of made it, I really don't and me and Kiki would not have made it if it wasn't for Amy getting us a cooler and water,bless you Amy so much!

The show was amazing, words can not express it, I was full with such emotional, I don't know where to start, I felt my spirt being lifted and restored, something I have needed for awhile, all my troubles were put behind me like I didn't have any, the music moved me, the music healed me.

It was great seeing Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry live for the first time, to be able to be arm length from them. It was awesome to have Edge shakes his butt at me everything I tried to take a picture well he was at the cat walk and than he would run.

Bono made my night when he smiles and winked at me after that guy punched me and smashed me into the railing right in front of him and to have Larry stop right in front of me during crazy and do a small smile and wink as well, was priceless, heck we even got a small grin from Adam as well. It was the greatest time of my life. Now I'm having U2 concert withdraw and having problems writing my review cause I don't know where to start.

Thank you to everyone that I got to meet, and Thank you to Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry for the everything they do and putting on one of the greatest shows on Earth. Thank you! Thank you!:heart:

Here are some of the pics I took...Soon I'll put a few youtube vids up- my camera sucked ass and the audio is horrible, but oh well.....Great show tho!!!

171.jpg

120.jpg

094.jpg

197.jpg

123.jpg

More to come......Have TONS of great Adam shots.....

Here's a draft of my brief review for u2station.com let me know what you all think. :)October 20th, 2009
Opening Act: Black Eyed Peas.

U2 makes an invasion in Phoenix, Az on the night of October 20th, 2009, with a bang, and it couldn’t have came at a better time.

What a special night it was on October 20th at the University of Phoenix Stadium, in Glendale ( Phoenix) Arizona. The perfect weather and the perfect atmosphere for a U2 show. We even had a special guest in the house Muhammad Ali, what can get better than having Muhammad Ali in the house?
The night started with the opening band act, Black Eyed Peas, who put on a great performance, with Fergie doing her thing, as the rest of the band got the audience to rock out and get pumped up for U2, they even talked about “Where is the love”, President Obama, and how we can all love one another and be “One”. After about an hour of Black Eyed Peas, U2 came come.

Opening with one of their smash hits Breath off the No Line On The Horizon album, with Larry Mullen Jr. pounding on the drums, as the rest of the band walked on, and the crowd going nuts to the beats, and as Bono comes on to the stage singing “16th of June, Doorbell Rings”.

After U2 finishes Breath, they go into Get On Your Boots, and boy was the crowd getting on their boots, as everyone jumped, and rocked out to the first smash hit off the No Line on the Horizon album, it was like crowd had put on their boots and were ready to rock out, as Adam Clayton put on his bass beats, and Edge put in his slick guitar sounds, as Bono sings “Get on your boots”. We knew were all in for a big ride on this space adventure.

As the band went into Magnificent, the crowd takes a breather, as Bono sings his heart out, across the brides of the stage on to the cat walk of what the fans call “The outer circle” or simply “the outer rail”. You can tell Bono is in a moment in this song, his hands in the air, than falls to his knees, as like he has been called to kneel, as he sings with such beautiful emotion. At the end of the song he looks into the heavens, as the crowd looks at him with such emotion, like we’re all in a spiritual moment and then Bono gets up and starts to dance and we go into Mysterious Ways, off the Acthung Baby album, as Bono swings his hips in “mysterious ways”, as all the ladies in the crowd, stare at him in dreamy ways.

After a few more other songs, Beautiful day, I still haven’t found what I’m looking for, Stuck in a moment, No Line On the Horizon, Elevation, and a few others. The crowd and U2 go into a beautiful moment with the song Walk On, everyone puts on our Aung San Suu Kyi mask, in which they were all requested to put on for the democracy leader, Aun San Suu Ki, who has been under arrest for 14 years fighting for the democracy for the people in Burma. As a few people who were chosen to put on the mask and line up on the cat walk, as Bono wraps himself with his arms around himself, as to give a hug, sings this song with beautiful emotion, and compassion, as the crowd sings a long, with some crying, and some in prayer, a beautiful moment in the show no words can express, something you wouldn’t except at a rock show, something so amazing, it’s too hard even touch.

After a beautiful moment with Walk on, the band goes into Where the streets has no name, a fan favorite, and then a target looking microphone is pulled down, and Bono puts on a jacket that is turned on like a Christmas tree with bright reds light, as the band goes into Ultra Violet, and Bono swings on the microphone like he is Spiderman or someone from a comic book, as the crowd goes nuts over the jacket and the microphone and then slowly goes into with or without you and slowly coming to the end with Moment of Surrender.

As the show comes to an end everyone is mixed with such emotion, excitement, tears, and so on. The invasion of U2 into the desert was a success, and all that attended this invasion at the University of Phoenix stadium, probably came with the greatest feeling they have felt.

Set list
1: Breathe
2: Get on your boots
3: Magnificent
4: Mysterious ways
5: Beautiful Day
6: I Still Havent Found
7: Stuck in a moment
8: No Line on the Horizon
9: Elevation
10: In a little while
11: Unknown Caller