October 18 - Norman, OK - Gatherings and Road Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
damnit i can't get there til 5 at the earliest. i hope I can still get in the pit cos I sure as hell don't want to be behind the red zones on the side.

anyone think there will still be close enough parking at 5 or 6

well we got into the pit at Cowboys Stadium and we didnt get in the GA line until around 5, so you should have a shot at it in Norman if they are letting the same amount of people in.

As for parking, you should try Lloyd Nobel Center and ride a shuttle over if you cant find anywhere else. Someone posted a link earlier with parking info i will repose it:

SoonerSports.com - Official Site of the Oklahoma Sooners

Good Luck and see you Sunday!!! :)

damnit i can't get there til 5 at the earliest. i hope I can still get in the pit cos I sure as hell don't want to be behind the red zones on the side.

The pit doesn't usually fill up. I've got into it after U2 hit the stage in Tampa and after 8pm in other cities!

Just to copy what other folks said earlier...at the US opener in Chicago there were people beside, in a really great position) who didn't even get in the stadium until 6:30. If not in the pit there should be more spots, closer to the ramps (behind redzone) because of the way the stage is set up.

Another reference as to the line and getting into the pit....Chicago had three or four different topics for opening night that were hundereds of posts long, and right now the Phoenix topic has 3x as many posts as this thread. We have 183 posts. I know GA will be full but I also think there won't be as man "in the know" fans who will get there early, or even know the pit exists. Some of us are nerds who research this stuff, and some of us just show up at 7 for a show and are happy just being in the stadium. I'm hoping for the best...the weather looks nice. Just hope I don't get the swine flu by then because Wichita seems to be getting nailed with it!!!

well we got into the pit at Cowboys Stadium and we didnt get in the GA line until around 5, so you should have a shot at it in Norman if they are letting the same amount of people in.

As for parking, you should try Lloyd Nobel Center and ride a shuttle over if you cant find anywhere else. Someone posted a link earlier with parking info i will repose it:

Good Luck and see you Sunday!!! :)

I read that they close streets for football games. Should I expect the same. I'm hoping to park near gate 7, the GA gate

^ Are you doing GA for Oklahoma?

Alas no, I've got two seats in the nosebleeds. You're doing GA I take it? The queuing shouldn't be as bad an endurance event as Tampa!

eta: Just read that you gave your book to Bono yesterday! Congratulations! :up: :hyper: :applaud:

Yeah, thanks, that was mad! Still haven't quite taken it in yet myself! My hands were shaking afterwards!

When do you get to Oklahoma?

Alas no, I've got two seats in the nosebleeds. You're doing GA I take it? The queuing shouldn't be as bad an endurance event as Tampa!

Yeah, thanks, that was mad! Still haven't quite taken it in yet myself! My hands were shaking afterwards!

When do you get to Oklahoma?

No GA - I think I am GAphobic for this tour :reject:.

I'm in section 29. Even the nosebleeds should be good for this show I think. The stadium set-up is different.

I get into Norman tomorrow evening.

So I am a little late looking into all this...we have seats in section 28. We are staying in Oklahoma City. Can anyone give me an idea of where to go at the stadium and how early to get there? Thanks in advance:) :hyper:

Hi,
Can some kind soul hoing to the show pick me a 360 tour book & I'll mail you the money??? I was shut out in getting one over in tampa. Please E-mail me if you can help. jrq401@aol.com

Don't know if this has been posted or not, but someone posted in another thread that there are GAs up on TM right now for this show. FYI.

Mark

So I am a little late looking into all this...we have seats in section 28. We are staying in Oklahoma City. Can anyone give me an idea of where to go at the stadium and how early to get there? Thanks in advance:) :hyper:

are you looking for directions on how to get there from OKC?

As for how early....i dont know really....you have seats im sure you probably would be fine if you get there by 5pm as far as traffic concerns go.

There is a link regarding parking and also stadium info. Your ticket should tell you what gate to enter.

I'm so excited! :hyper: So you guys don't think it'll be a problem to get into the circle if I get there around 4:00?

I haven't told my friend or my brother (who are coming with me) that we'll be standing around for five hours before U2 actually get onstage if we do get there at 4:00. :uhoh: Those of you who have been in GA at other shows, what did you do while you waited between when the gates opened and when the show actually started?

I'm so excited! :hyper: So you guys don't think it'll be a problem to get into the circle if I get there around 4:00?

The pit doesn't usually fill so you'll definitely get into it, and probably with an excellent spot too!

Those of you who have been in GA at other shows, what did you do while you waited between when the gates opened and when the show actually started?

Some bring chess boards, others bring a Wii, some sunbathe on the special 360 recliners and sip cocktails by the pool. Most just stand around, and stand around, and ... :)

are you looking for directions on how to get there from OKC?

As for how early....i dont know really....you have seats im sure you probably would be fine if you get there by 5pm as far as traffic concerns go.

There is a link regarding parking and also stadium info. Your ticket should tell you what gate to enter.

Thanks for the input. We were looking more for how long before to get to the stadium and such. This is my first U2 concert, so we really don't have any prior experience with such a big venue! :hyper:

It really just depends on Security, and how many points of entry there are, parkeing etc. I would imagine there will be a big rush at 5:00, and then again at 6:45ish.

I don't know if anyone else has been watching the link or not that was mentioned earlier but I've really enjoyed it. Owen Field U2 Preparation

I started watching on Monday and it's really cool if your into the production part of things. Yesterday around three oclock on it was basically dead. Then today they are moving in tons of gear. There is a glare in the mornings so it's harder to see.

I don't know if anyone else has been watching the link or not that was mentioned earlier but I've really enjoyed it. Owen Field U2 Preparation

I started watching on Monday and it's really cool if your into the production part of things. Yesterday around three oclock on it was basically dead. Then today they are moving in tons of gear. There is a glare in the mornings so it's harder to see.

awesome link. I watched a little bit of it last night and besides being dark it was also dead aside from a random truck driving round the field. No idea what that was....i felt bad for it because it looked so lonely out there...i wanted to go and have a beer with it. Oh well....beers with it tomorrow night!

Thanks for the input. We were looking more for how long before to get to the stadium and such. This is my first U2 concert, so we really don't have any prior experience with such a big venue! :hyper:

No problem, probably the earlier the better to avoid traffic and get good parking and such. You can always shoot for 4pm and get parked, then have dinner somewhere around campus corner and then migrate towards the stadium.

Since im GA i will probably be doing something like that but much earlier....though i still feel like i can be in the GA line by 4ish and get inside the pit based on Dallas.

Camping is not supposed to be allowed according to the Stadiums home page. They say that at most places though I beleive...sometimes it still happens, and sometimes it doesn't.

Just looking at the video stream...they have been adjusting the angles of the camera. It looks like the back 3/4's of the entire upper tier of the stadium is covered. On't know if that is because they are too high and you wouldn't be able to see the screens/stage, or of they were just not selling enough tickets.

I'm on my way to Norman now from Little Rock.
Anyone know if we'll get kicked out if we are waiting before 8:00? The website you all are referring to states 8:00 a.m. I was hoping to get there prior to that time.

I'm on my way to Norman now from Little Rock.
Anyone know if we'll get kicked out if we are waiting before 8:00? The website you all are referring to states 8:00 a.m. I was hoping to get there prior to that time.

I did a walkaround of the stadium just now and none of the security guard could give me any useful info.

Hey, Thanks for the info!! Had a feelng that would happen, no one ever really knows much.

The link you were looking for is in this thread, but the parking information relates to game days, it really does not mention special events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom