October 1 - Scott Stadium - Charlottesville VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
btw- HELP! How can I get a parking pass?
Flying into Richmond from LA on Thursday (day of) & forgot to get one. DOH!
Never been to UVA.

Can any1 suggest options? Will they let cabs come into the stadium front door?

btw- HELP! How can I get a parking pass?
Flying into Richmond from LA on Thursday (day of) & forgot to get one. DOH!
Never been to UVA.

Can any1 suggest options? Will they let cabs come into the stadium front door?

3 claws. I think they close roads around the stadium after 5, except for permit holders. The Uva website (see links posted earlier) might have a couple of cash lots. There should be local residents/students offering cash parking. I might try for some free street parking about 1/2 mile away.

Just got my Red Zone instructions and they state to pick up the tickets on the show date starting at 10AM from the Westside Box Office. Red zone will enter through the West gate. This must be the gate with access to the field. In Boston, we entered the same gate as the regular field ticket holders with an area to the right with an exclusive Red zone shorter line. I imagine this is the case for Scott Stadium. I didn't have time to read all posts, but the lineup for regular GA may be around the West Gate entrance close the the 50 yard line of the stadium (on the West side).

It looks like my friends and I are having some disagreements on line up time for GA, any interferencers going to be there early that I can hang with? Email me pattip2000@hotmail.com and we can swap numbers ( :

If you have no luck finding a hotel room, try B&B's. There are a few in the area, just google bed and breakfasts or use the VRBO (vacation rentals by owners) website.

There were rooms left in Waynesboro (but you would be traveling west and farther from DC) when I checked last week at Affordable Corporate Suites, but don't know the status now.

Good luck!

I am planning on getting there around noon or so to line up. Hopefully they won't give us a hard time about lining up early. No way am I waiting until 3 o'clock. I got lucky and the hotel I am staying at is only about a mile from the stadium and we are just walking but I don't want to have to putz around town wasting time if they won't let us line up early. Oh well I guess I'll find out.
Can't wait!

Ok, who else is going to be lining up early (as in the first ones on line)? I fully intend to be on or organizing a GA line just like at any other show (i.e., 4am-6am). If anyone else is on board we can figure out where to meet up to start this thing!!!

Ok, who else is going to be lining up early (as in the first ones on line)? I fully intend to be on or organizing a GA line just like at any other show (i.e., 4am-6am). If anyone else is on board we can figure out where to meet up to start this thing!!!

I was just by the stadium tonight and saw the stage. I'm incredibly pumped for this show!!

Sounds like the GA line is going to be at the West gate, so I'm thinking we could start up a line at or near that gate... I will definitely be there, but not that early in the morning... probably more like right after lunch time.

GA lineups- I didn't have time to read all the posts either, so not sure if this was mentioned. I know folks who got wristbands/numbers the night before the show at the venue and were told to come back early in the morning to assume their positions. Are they not doing the same thing in Charlottesville?

Oh man, I'm so excited. This will be my first ever U2 show and thus my first ever GA experience...I want to get a good spot but my father who's coming with me refuses to wait in line for a really long time...anybody got suggestions as to what time to line up...?

Still trying to get a true bearing on how far our hotel is from the stadium, but I think Mr. Blu & I will be walking. As for line-up time, I'm thinking after lunch myself... say, 2-ish?

Is the West Gate confirmed for GA admittance?

Still trying to get a true bearing on how far our hotel is from the stadium, but I think Mr. Blu & I will be walking. As for line-up time, I'm thinking after lunch myself... say, 2-ish?

Is the West Gate confirmed for GA admittance?

I am thinking 2:00ish as well, that way if they are as strict as all reports are saying they will be, it is only an hour to screw around until they let us start lining up. :)

I go to UVA, and I'm very interested in organizing the line. I will be at the stadium around 4am. I'm sure we can make this go very smoothly - BUT - we need to come up with a backup plan in case we are forced to leave.

I go to UVA, and I'm very interested in organizing the line. I will be at the stadium around 4am. I'm sure we can make this go very smoothly - BUT - we need to come up with a backup plan in case we are forced to leave.

The fans who organized the lineup in Boston and Jersey seemed to have worked with the venue security to make sure they're allowed to stay for the night. I wasn't involved in the "committee" but I think the way it worked at these venues was:

The organizers get to the venue the day/night before the concert. Talk to venue security to let them know you are trying to organize the GA line so there will be no pandemonium on the day of concert. Let them know what you are doing. If they say no camping out is allowed, ask them to at least let one or two of you stay at the venue throughout the night to get people's names at whatever time they show up. There should always be one of you at the venue at all the times since you started the line. It's smart to have more than one person organizing it so you can take turns with the shift. And arrange for the people whose names you've already taken to return at 8am. Then they can line up according to the numbers. At a certain time, let's say 8.30am, do a roll call to find out who's there and who's not. Then I think if that person is not there when you do the roll call, that means they forfeit the line, and their numbers, and they have to go to the end of the line when they arrive past that roll call time.

After the roll call, it's the usual rules, shower breaks and lunch breaks are allowed, stow gears after a certain time, etc, etc...

This is better for the venue security so they won't have to deal with a whole slew of people camping out. And also better for the fans so they don't have to spend the whole night outside.

Do you know if the Free Trolly or UTS buses are available for non students?
How does it work?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom