October 09 Raymond James Center, Tampa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in, assuming I get down from Atlanta in time! It's gonna be a looooong indirect coach journey I think. But hope to be able to buy you a pint!

I'm sure there will be a few fans going to the Atlanta show who are also going to Tampa. You ought to post in the Atlanta forum to try to hitch a ride down with someone. It's about a 6 hour trip by car.

For those who live in the Tampa area. Is there anything fun to do besides Busch Gardens? Any beaches nearby? Leaving that Sunday after the concert so have all day Saturday to get into something.

For those who live in the Tampa area. Is there anything fun to do besides Busch Gardens? Any beaches nearby? Leaving that Sunday after the concert so have all day Saturday to get into something.

Lowry Park Zoo and The Florida Aquarium are also nice if you are looking for something a little less expensive than Busch Gardens . . . but Busch Gardens is pretty great :)

There's a pier in St. Petersburg that has a lot of places to shop and eat and it's on the beach.

http://www.stpete-pier.com/adventure.asp

Yes, as replied, St Pete/Clearwater has some awesome beaches and depending on whatever else you like, we can make suggestions. I would also check out Dunedin and Honeymoon Island. If you are a beer affiicianado, Dunedin has some great locales and is 5 minutes from the beach.

But Tampa has a lot to offer, just ask and you shall receive!

I'd like to know what's brewing as I need to make reservations as well. Looking for a hotel for Fri night but may consider Thursday if something's going on, considering I live 35 mins away (looking for a babysitter for Thursday night if there's a gathering)

I took the day off before the show and the day of the show. Two friends of mine are coming down from Orlando and a bud of mine from work is going to the show as well. There is a cool Irish pub called Mcdintons that are doing U2 things the week of the show. If anyone would like to go or see Tampa I'll be glad to show everyone around. Aquarium is cool, Ybor City is cool, etc... If anyone wants to do anything, check out beaches etc. email me. mmacdonnell1@verizon.net Show can't come soon enough. Going to Houston show with mys sis and here husband also. October is the month of U2.:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm sure there will be a few fans going to the Atlanta show who are also going to Tampa. You ought to post in the Atlanta forum to try to hitch a ride down with someone. It's about a 6 hour trip by car.

Good idea, just did that! But I may as well ask in here too. Anybody driving from Atlanta to Tampa for the following concert ...? The alternative is a fun fifteen hour coach journey - yay!

Oh, and I'm staying here:

Super 8 -Tampa, 321 East Fletcher Avenue

Is this a salubrious area?

^ It's not exactly the best area of town, but it's not the worst either :reject:.

Daytime should be okay, but I would be careful at night and avoid Nebraska Avenue in the evenings too.

Will you be renting a car when you get to Tampa? How long are you staying here? Am I asking too many questions? :lol:

No rental car for me, buses and the occasional taxi. And usually a lot of walking. I've bought some sensible shoes especially.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and help really appreciate it :). We're staying at the Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium. Had to go with something cheap lol. According to the site it's about a mile walk from the hotel to the stadium. Anyone familiar with this area? Want to have an idea of what to expect if we end up walking to the concert.

I'm taking the day off from work (Work for marketing at Disney) ... and a few of the managers here are going to the concert. I opted for the big price tix on the side via U2 fanclub ... but am still bitter about the fact this is a stadium tour. It's my DH's first concert and it's so much better in an arena.

I'm taking the day off from work (Work for marketing at Disney) ... and a few of the managers here are going to the concert. I opted for the big price tix on the side via U2 fanclub ... but am still bitter about the fact this is a stadium tour. It's my DH's first concert and it's so much better in an arena.

Soldier Field was just incredibly fine--and we were half-way up the side, just past The Claw. You're gonna love it, Sis! :hug:

I've been discussing with a co-worker about our seats (hers are basically opposite the field from us) -- we are so afraid one of The Claw's legs will be in our way. And we may miss out on seeing most of The Claw being down low. Guess we shall see what we see. :sexywink:

I had seats in the 100 level for the 2nd Chicago show. The view was pretty damn good! In fact it was a perfect view of the claw. Saw more of it that way then I did the night before in GA.

Can't wait for the Tampa show to get here! :hyper:

I had seats in the 100 level for the 2nd Chicago show. The view was pretty damn good! In fact it was a perfect view of the claw. Saw more of it that way then I did the night before in GA.

Can't wait for the Tampa show to get here! :hyper:

Hi! I was in Chicago and am heading to Tampa....I live in Ohio, so my husband says I'm officially a groupie. lol. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom