Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All five shows I went to were logistical nightmares after the show.

Maybe it was because I was having such a grand time sitting in the car with my fellow interferencers, but I thought the wait we had to get out of the Sam Boyd lot wasn't as bad as the wait we had in NJ or Foxboro.

You cannot compare a football game to the concert. Sporting events do not have 5000+ extra people on the floor for a show. People leave early, and a number of people that stay to tailgate in the lot. Post show, EVERYONE leaves at the same time. "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."

Foxboro is/was a much bigger venue and offered NO public transit and is about 40 minutes away from Boston. There are only two ways out, and one had construction.

Giants Stadium is/was a much bigger venue and offered bus AND train options - and both of those were a nightmare AND it still took just as long to get out of the parking lot.

All of these venues have people directing traffic - but when you have 40,000-70,000 people leaving a venue at the same time, you are going to have issues.

Again, I am pretty thankful for our Interference driver, and my fellow interference passengers for making the best of a not so good situation. I HAD A BLAST.

My favorite moment:
"What the hell....what is this fool trying to do? Uh, wait...is that Martha?"

"HI MARTHA!"

I've just got home from Vegas (I know...I'm in Australia...)

A million photos to sort through, here's one I took from the top of the stadium, about 7pm.

4051793255_67d3f0f035_b.jpg

I know this is random but I'm almost positive Daniel Lanois was on my plane back from Vegas to LA. As I'm walking towards the back of the plane, I looked down and this guy was wearing a black hat, black leather jacket, black rimmed glasses....it looked just like Lanois...I never said anything...I just kept walking, but I'm pretty sure it was him. Can anyone confirm this?

I know this is random but I'm almost positive Daniel Lanois was on my plane back from Vegas to LA. As I'm walking towards the back of the plane, I looked down and this guy was wearing a black hat, black leather jacket, black rimmed glasses....it looked just like Lanois...I never said anything...I just kept walking, but I'm pretty sure it was him. Can anyone confirm this?

It probably was.

Allright Vegas-goers... is anyone else finding that their pre-sale codes (or portions thereof) that they used for Vegas tickets are still valid?

I am able to pullup 4 tickets for the current presales (Oakland, etc) using my old code, which I already used for 4 Vegas tickets.

Has anyone else tried this?

That might explain why my old code is showing in green, as I used 2 for Chicago, 1 for Vancouver and 1 for Vegas, so maybe I have one remaining code to use on it. Weird!

That might explain why my old code is showing in green, as I used 2 for Chicago, 1 for Vancouver and 1 for Vegas, so maybe I have one remaining code to use on it. Weird!

I'm guessing if you try that you can pick up 1 more pre-sale ticket using your old code.

Allright Vegas-goers... is anyone else finding that their pre-sale codes (or portions thereof) that they used for Vegas tickets are still valid?

I am able to pullup 4 tickets for the current presales (Oakland, etc) using my old code, which I already used for 4 Vegas tickets.

Has anyone else tried this?

:shh:

I agree, let's not let this get around. you never know when you might need a little help.

Again, I am pretty thankful for our Interference driver, and my fellow interference passengers for making the best of a not so good situation. I HAD A BLAST.

I was a little nervous, having such precious cargo in the backseat.

I did, however, have a first-rate co-pilot.

:D

Talking about after the show traffic...I am sooooo glad and grateful to all of you for the conversations about it in the meet up thread.
I knew it was going to be hours and hours so I just planned it in to my trip. I rented a car. I was parked near to Leafsfan and Imnotpolly. I took my time, relaxed in my car with some U2 tunes and brought my journal so I just wrote down my whole experience and by the time the traffic was a little lighter I pulled out into it and felt no stress.

My friends on the other hand...they all freaked out. They were pissed. They were calling me to come pick them up and telling me to hurry! LOL! There was no way I could hurry. I could do nothing for them so I did not stress about it. They left the stadium out the front doors so they were on one side and I was on the other (they did not listen to me when I told them to stay in their seats and call me after the show...if they had just stayed inside we could have met and walked to my car together to wait in traffic). They were mad at me. It was pretty stupid. I calmed them down and they waited for me until about 12:45 to come pick them up on Broadbent. They told me Cabbies were charging $100 bucks to the strip. WOW!

It all worked out in the end but wow...that really was something. Glad I knew it was going to happen in advance. Thanks to all of you for giving me the heads up.

Oh and here is a picture of "me and the claw"! Can't wait to meet you again Claw!

hj:heart:

DSC00262-1.jpg

That mannequin shot is odd. Did any of you see the bride walking around? She had a veil on and everything. Viva las Vegas!

Awesome photos you guys, I am loving them!

You must have seen Melissa and Matt. She's a member on here, by the way. Popbellydancer. They got married the day before the show.

The Vegas crowd had some odd things
We had a guy puking and shitting himself in our section, police and security had to carry him out.

That mannequin shot is odd. Did any of you see the bride walking around? She had a veil on and everything. Viva las Vegas!

Awesome photos you guys, I am loving them!

Wow! I was right next to you somewhere, in fact that may be the back of my head on the rail :D That bride was right behind me in Go Go Boots, I couldn't believe she wore them. The BEP's hadn't even came on yet and she was griping and had to take them off. I was standing next to eltimbomofo, he was very nice! Romi was right down the rail too! Sorry I didn't catch you Heather.

Romi, this was a different bride, not Melissa, I had seen her earlier, she was smart and wore sensible shoes. :wink:

I saw the mannequin just before they let us in the stadium...it was being carryed out by someone coming out of the secured area by where all the trucks were parked...I just thought it was a mannequin to display t-shirts or something:lol:didn't know they were going to buy it a seat! I also saw the bride..the tall skinny one with black leather pants and go-go boots:|

Back
Top Bottom